Well, folks. I did it. Scared out of my ever livin’ mind.
I did it with my knees shaking, palms sweating and even some shortness of breath, but I didn’t doubt for one second that the Lord is strong when I am weak. That He would speak when I opened my mouth. That He would receive every bit of glory from my tiny little message.
What did I do, you ask?
I taught on Sunday morning to our high school group.
Not just my girl’s bible study, but the whole entire group.
I’m not saying I did it good by any means, or that it was the worst thing ever. But, I know I did it with an obedient, willing heart that I am praying pleased our sweet Jesus.
Last week was kind of a strange, crazy week and on Wednesday morning, my boss JJ got a call from his dad that his mother had unexpectedly passed away. Of course this sent not only JJ, but the entire office into a quick tizzy so that we could make plans for him to not only leave immediately to be in Tennessee, but to be gone for at least a week. (If not longer.)
The first thing we had to figure out was who was going to teach on Sunday, despite the short notice. He looked at me, and I totally flinched. You see, he’s been encouraging me to teach for the last year, but I just haven’t felt “ready.” But, if you think about it, when am I ever going to feel “ready?” It’s not me anyway, it’s the Lord speaking through me. I’m so used to a smaller group, of especially just girls, and a larger group is so out of my comfort zone it’s not even funny.
So, after I thought 2.5 seconds about it, I nodded my sweet little head yes and was instantly committed to teaching on Sunday. I was every kind of emotion you can think of. Every kind. If this wasn’t the perfect opportunity to push me out of my comfort zone, I don’t know what is.
So, I studied, prayed, worshiped, studied some more, prayed some more, worshipped some more and eventually Sunday morning was here before I knew it.
I was so nervous I sat in my office going over my notes for almost 2 hours before high school even started.
I’m normally a very outgoing person, but the thought of teaching this many students (and adults I might add) just made me more timid.
However, once I got started, I felt a wave of peace wash over me, my knees stopped shaking (as did my voice), my palms stopped sweating, and I tried to relay to the group what the Lord laid on my heart.
I did it scared. But, I did it. With him guiding me every step of the way.
To those of you that knew I was going to teach, thank you, from the bottom of my heart for your prayers. I felt them and received them! Y’all rock.
So, next time the Lord challenges you to do something that is scaring you half to death. Take the plunge. Do it scared. I promise he won’t fail you. He didn’t fail me. Praise Jesus!
"God doesn't want us to be shy with his gifts, but bold and loving and sensible." 2 Timothy 1:7 (The Message)
14 comments:
great job Lindsee! so glad it went well, I hate getting out of my comfort zone too :/ but so glad you took that step :)
So glad you did IT! Or, let's say HE DID IT through you!
I am so proud of you - and I don't mean that to sound condescending, just that I am SO STINKIN PROUD OF YOU!
PS - I bet you rocked it!
PPS - I knew ya would!
You go girl! I know that the Lord used you to speak directly to those kids. Glad you had the guts to just do it scared!
Great job! I'm proud of you!
Jessica
I really was prayin'.
Dear Lindsee, what if you knew that every time you taught young women and girls that God was not only going to use you, but show up? What if..what if you knew that the light was on green and it was a go? I'm thinking that you need to push on into this scared place and operate from there. I know that He is going to not only bless others through you, but He's going to bless you, too.
Wish I could have told you face to face, so you could see the pride in my eyes for you and the belief on my face for you. And the tears in my eyes of joy, too.
The favor of the Lord is upon you.
I am so proud of you!! I knew you would be fine and I thought of you all weekend.:)
Do It Scared! Girl, there is a lesson in itself. God has had to tell me that many times.
Have a wonderful day!
Love you,
Patty
I am SO proud of you!!!
God LOVES when you do things scared because he knows that you are %100 relying on HIM in the situation!
I hope this is the first of many for you!
PS - I loved that version of 2 Timothy... going to use that for my memory verse.
love your heart!
Go girl!! What an amazing heart you have for the Lord, and you will be blessed for walking in obedience!!
YES!! Fist pump in the air for some praise :)
I'm so happy for you, Lindsee!! You are so right when you said you would never feel "ready". This is amazing. I'm sure you were just perfect. I would have loved my daughter to have had someone like you to... "Do it scared"! You continue to inspire me, young lady! :)
Love,
Angie xoxo
Hey! Check out my blog - I gave you a blog award!
Jessica
I just need you to know that I'm so stinkin proud of you!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment