Afshin is from Iran and for the past few months has started a movement called Free Them. It is for two girls, Maryam and Marzieh, to help get them out of prison in Iran for sharing their faith and the love of Christ.
It has been a long journey to say the least and Afshin has not given up hope for them.
Well, today I saw on the website that these two girls were released from prison today! Can we give him some praise, y'all? I think we so take for granted that here in America we can share our faith so freely with no condemnation. But the sad truth is, we rarely actually do it. But then these two girls do it in a country where it's illegal and get put in prison for it. I can only imagine how much they have suffered for Jesus Christ.
I just wanted to share this story with you. It makes me want to be more bold in sharing my own faith. Because boy oh boy do I not do it enough and to say that I take the freedom here for granted would be quite the understatement. So, join me in celebrating their release! Our God is good and does hear our cries!
Feel free to check out the story for yourself here!
1 comment:
Oh my word Lindsee. I had no idea. God had impressed upon me to pray for these two girls about a week ago.
I'm in awe. And humbled. Have mercy on us in America Lord.
Post a Comment