Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend O' Fun

This past weekend was full of fun moments. It was busy to say the least, but a blast indeed.

I'll begin with Friday night:

I love my church. Obviously I love it. I am employed by it. However, one thing we're lacking is a solid "Singles Group." Now, here me when I say that I terribly hate the term "singles group." It's just...awkward. Anyhow, we're missing those types of folks here, but just recently I have come across many girls who are looking for a place to belong after they've graduated. I mean, if we're honest here, that can be a very awkward time in life. You don't quite know where you belong. So, Friday night one of my friends asked if we could use our house for a "single ladies" get together and I gladly said yes. About 10 girls came over and we had the best time! We made pizzas and just chatted. It was refreshing getting to hang out with girls that are in the same season as I am in. A blessing indeed!

Saturday Morning:

Saturday I got up early, packed an overnight bag, got ready for the day and headed to College Station with the parentals. A&M and Baylor were playing each other and we had a fun tailgate planned for the families of the students that go to those schools from our church. We do it every year and it's always a great group of folks. This year unfortunately it was rainy, cold and humid which in return made for the worst hair day of 2009, but that's clearly beside the point. Who worries about hair when your surrounded by the people you love the most? Kidding. Maybe.

After standing in the glorious mist for 2 hours, my parents took me, my little brother and a few friends back to my little brother's apartment where we hung out until my roommate, Claire came to pick me up for a wedding shower I had that night for a dear friend who's getting married next month. I have seriously never been more grateful for my Chi straightener. I needed a miracle on my hair, and it provided one. Are you noticing a hair theme here?

Claire picked me up, dropped our stuff off at her in-laws house, had a tasty dinner at Ninfa's where we counseled our waiter on relationships, and then we headed to the shower. It was so fun, but after cuddling in the papason chair for about 15 minutes with Claire, my eyes were so tired I could barely keep them open. I was so exhausted from the days activities.

It didn't help when I thought about the fact that I had to be up extra early Sunday morning since I'd have to drive in from College Station to be at church on time. All was well, though. After the shower, we crashed. Only after a laughing attack in bed, of course.

Sunday was a nice day and I got to see my girls! Since the girls retreat was last weekend we didn't have small group, so I just needed to see their sweet faces since it'd been two weeks since I'd heard what was going on with life. I know it was only two weeks, but boy oh boy do I cherish those girls. And folks, a lot can happen in two weeks in the life of a high school senior girl. It was a smaller group this week due to the Thanksgiving holidays, but sometimes those are the best. We chatted, and chatted and chatted some more. In all seriousness, as a small group leader, I could not ask for a better group. Don't even get me started on the fact that they'll be graduating in 6, I tell you 6 short months. It will be a tragedy indeed. I love them to pieces.

The fam, minus Brien!
Emily and Kelsey! Two sweet freshman (in high school) girls!
It was so past time to leave. We were so cold here. And wet. And please note the fallen, wavy hair. It got worse, folks. Way worse.
I hope your weekend was just as pleasant! Happy Thanksgiving week!

3 comments:

Missy said...

girl...the hair still looked cute!

Shelly said...

You look like an untouched diva to me!

PS - Please tell me you get some rest time this upcoming holiday!

Megan said...

What fun! We do definitely need to get together ASAP!! Love you girl, and hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!!