Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Day in Aggieland

As a disclaimer, I feel like I need to start this post by saying that I did not attend A&M. Technically, I am not an Aggie. But, if A&M would consider adoption, I'd be at the top of the list. Both of my brother's went there, practically all of my BFF's went there and I'm almost certain that I've been to as many A&M football games as I have Sam Houston football games, if not more. Huntsville and College Station are connected by one highway and during college, me and HWY 30 became BFF. I lived there. Needless to say, I love College Station and more importantly, the spirit of Aggieland!

Every year, a mom at my church hosts an A&M tailgate party. Typically, we have it when A&M and Baylor play each other, but this year that game is in Waco, so she changed the tailgate to today. I blogged about those days here and here. I'm not exaggerating when I say that our entire church either went, currently attends or is planning on going to A&M. If not there, Baylor. Hence why we normally tailgate on Baylor day.

Besides the fact that this day guarantee's I'll see my little brother, it's also very fun to see all of our old students! There is nothing better than catching up with them over a loaded baked potato.

Today was the perfect weather day for such an occasion! It was beautiful, low humidity, with a tiny chill in the air, but not cold enough to make us miserable, quite unlike last year.

We laughed, talked, took pictures, stuffed our faces and then when it was time for everyone to watch A&M kill OU, we stayed to watch the flyover and then I headed back home with my parental units. I don't know what's gotten into me the last month or so, but I've been really into keeping up with college football. Y'all, I could have cared less about it my entire life. Why all the sudden do I feel the need to know every detail? Either way, I'm enjoying this new found passion of mine. It could potentially be very short lived. Only time will tell.

It was such a wonderful day! There is nothing like spending the day with your fabulous family and wonderful friends, most of whom I've known my entire life. I am so blessed!


After my dad fixed his potato, I looked over to see him sitting all by his lonesome. Apparently he wanted to eat in peace and quiet.

This picture cracks me up. My mom wanted to take a picture of me and Kev, but captured this right before we actually smiled. It looks as though I'm instructing him on how to actually eat his potato. I've always been a very helpful big sister. Hilarious!

Our little set up.

This is the "CBC/A&M Under 30 year old annual picture." Love it!

The family, minus Brien!

Bethany! Also known as my roommate. : )

Claire, my ex-roommate. Don't you love her cute new hair-do?

Sweet Jane!

I love these girls to bits!

I wish you all could experience the flyover with my family. My mom literally cries just talking about it. But truly, it is so neat!


The best part about this post is that I'm proud to announce that A&M did beat the heck out of OU. I have one very proud little brother.

This is where I'll end with...thanks and gig 'em.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So fun!!!!! :)

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

What a fun day! I love the picture of your under 30 crowd. I never thought I'd reach the day when I considered y'all mere babies!!

Love you sweet girl!