Wednesday, November 3, 2010

De-lurking is Delightful

I’ve done a post like this before and this week after my friend did one, I thought it would be fun to do it again.

Blog world is most definitely a very interesting and unique place. I think it’s funny when I meet someone who reads my blog that I don’t know (not that this happens often, it’s happened maybe three times) and the first thing they ask me is, “I feel like such a stalker, but do you care if I read your blog?” I’m always very gracious (at least I hope so), but what I would like you to know is that if I didn’t want you reading my blog, I wouldn’t have it on the world wide web for everyone and their mom to read. You catch my drift?

Whether we know each other or not, you are totally welcome here! I love blogging and don’t plan on stopping it any time soon and love meeting new friends through this little world. However, I’m always really intrigued to see who does read my blog.

Between my sitemeter, google reader and some other things I have a small idea of how many folks read it, but I don’t know a lick about who you are.

When I started blogging, which will be four years in January, I think I had three readers that consisted of my BFF’s. I don’t even think my mom read back then because she probably didn’t know how to get to it. Anyway, I never started blogging to gain readers, but I have to admit, it is fun to get comments from people I don’t know that resonate with me on this or that. You make blogging even more fun than it already is and for you and I am thankful. I mean it! This blog has been way more of a blessing to me than anything else.

So for fun, I’d love to hear from you. Whether you’ve never commented or you always comment, let’s play a little Q&A game. I ask you a questions and you give me answers. Listen, there are some blogs I read that I’ve never, ever commented on, so don’t feel weird. De-lurking really is delightful.

1) What is your name?

2) Where do you live?

3) What do you do?

4) Have we ever met?

5) Do we have something in common? (Ex. Ministry, single, tall, likes chocolate, singing, do you listen to songs over and over again…you know…anything!)

6) For fun, what has been your favorite vacation or favorite place to travel?

De-lurk away and thank you for stopping by. It will be really fun to hear from you!

Happy Wednesday!

35 comments:

Regan said...

1.) Regan
2.) Conroe
3.) I work as an administrative assistant for a manufacturing company but I'm also trying to start my own business to use the History degree I spent 4+ years earning.
4.) Yes! We met last night at Bible Study when I approached you and said I felt like a stalker. :-)
5.) We do actually have quite a few things in common (I think). I'm 24, single, work with my youth group, and I'm tall and have a hard time finding jeans.
6.) My favorite vacation was one I took earlier this year with a friend. We went to Great Britain and visited several locations from both Pride and Prejudice films.

I feel like I should also tell you that I found your blog when Amanda Jones tweeted this post:http://lindseelou.blogspot.com/2010/03/strength-for-day.html and it really spoke to my heart. Thanks!

Alyssa said...

1) Alyssa

2) Virginia

3) I'm a student.

4) We've never met. I think I found you through Big Mama.

5) Not sure if we have anything in common but I love country music. I think you might too?

6) Favorite place to travel is New Bern, SC.

3girlsmom said...

1) Robyn
2) The Ham
3) Mommy / chauffeur / nurse / teacher / wife / costume designer / referee / chef / housekeeper / stylist / hairdresser / coach / cheerleader / butt wiper / boo boo kisser / shoe doubleknoter / the list goes on and on and on
4) Yes ma'am. And it was one hilarious weekend.
5) We both have a soft spot in our hearts for Beth Moore, hand washing, laughing, Starbucks, 2 cute people named Fran & Jen, Rafferty's, poetry, polka dots, and walking in circles.
6) My favorite all time place to travel is the El Conquistador in Puerto Rico. Heaven on earth. My second favorite place is anywhere you, Fran, & Jen are. So let's make that happen soon. Mkay?

Anonymous said...

1. Jennifer
2. Houston
3. Mom to the 4th power
4. Yep! Through the gift of the SSBS--Ruth! :)
5. My most awesome-ist babysitter is one of your ministry girls. And we know several of the same people.
6. Cape Cod--our 10th anniversary last year. hope to go back soon!

That was fun. Thanks! :)

Heather said...

Heather
TX
I'm a SAHM
YES Silly, we're BFF!!! :)
My favorite vacation would be to the mountains right now, like Montana, Colorado or Wyoming. Love you friend.

Jessica said...

I like this idea!

1) Jessica
2) Virginia
3) I'm a Grad student
4) Nope, sure haven't
5) Yep- I love reading blogs of other single girls!
6)My favorite vacation is anywhere there is a beach that I can lay on allll day long !

Kelli said...

1. Kelli
2. TX
3. SAHM
4. Yes Ma'am!
5. We love Disney songs.
6. As of late.... Colorado!!

cougarhoogs said...

1. Katey
2. Houston
3. Campus Ministry and PT Nanny
4. We have actually never met.
5. We do have (at least) one thing in common...and her name is Hannah Monroe.
6. I think I'm obligated to say that my honeymoon to the beautiful Northeast was my favorite vacation...even though I was sick with strep the whole time. :(

Sassy Amie said...

I think the last time that I commented was the last time you did something like this... I think you asked about favorite ice cream! Here are my answers:
1. Amie
2. I live in Mobile, AL
3. I am a Pediatric Registered Nurse
4. We have never met!!
5. It's hard to find jeans! I am only 5'1", but I have long legs for my height. Short is always too short and Regular is always too long!
6. My favorite place to travel would probably be Boston or the beach (even though I live really close, I still love it!)

Ashley McWhorter said...

Love this. I may totally copy it.:) I've always been curious as to who reads my blog.


Ashley

Houston

SAHM

Yes ma'am

Ummm...my husband is in the ministry. Does that count? :) I love music, too.

We travel A LOT! My favorite vacation was probably when my husband and I just went on our 10 year anniversary trip this past summer. We took a cruise to all the St.'s I fell in love with St. Thomas!!!

Amanda said...

1) I'm Amanda

2) I currently live in Louisville, KY for school but I am from Mobile, AL

3) I am a grad student at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and I also work full time at Justice for Girls as an Assistant Manager. I'm super busy but it's fun and I love it!

4) We have never met though i'm sure we'd be friends if we had :)

5) I too am single! The Lord has truly placed a call on my life for ministry, and Lord willing i'd like to work in Marriage and Family counseling, focusing on the children as well as I went through my parents divorce. We have similar styles and I love the way your new bedroom is headed :) But once I hear a new song that I love, I'll buy it off iTunes and listen to a million times or just bum it off the artist's myspace page. Right now it's #2 on Taylor Swift's new c.d. and "In Christ Alone" by the Getty's!

6) I love love love Disney World! I have been a handful of times & my dad and stepmom are apart of the Vacation Club and get to go A LOT! I'm hoping to get to take advantage of that soon but school just seems to get in the way ;) But otherwise I'd love to travel to Europe. I'm a history buff and I love to visit places that I've only ever learned about! (the same could go for the Holy Land, I'd love to have that added dimension to scripture!)

Immeasurably More Mama said...

1)Mandi
2)The Sunny South
3) Wife for almost 10 years and Mama of two handsome little fellas - ages 2 1/2 and 9 months -both have names that begin with the letter D. :) I was also the foster mom to two other precious children.
4) Were you at the SLI simulcast in Atlanta? I think I saw you in the hall but didn't introduce myself.
5)Love, love, love chocolate...and coffee!!!
6) My favorite trips are the ones we take to the mountains to see fall foliage...didn't happen this year. :(

Brittney said...

I think you know me :)

1) Brittney

2) Pflugerville, TX (basically Austin)

3) Graphic Designer and Photographer

4) YES :)

5) I'm not sure... we're both friends with Joanna :) ha!

6) My honeymoon to Riviera Maya, MX - BLISS!

Ashley said...

Your blog is one of my favorites Lindsee! I've emailed you, and I think I've commented a couple of times. Here's my info!


1) Ashley

2) Oklahoma City metro

3) family support specialist for an adoption agency

4) Never met you! I found you I think from something you linked up with on Kelly's Korner. Love her!

5) We have TONS in common! My job is part of a ministry. I'm single, and have loved reading your posts about being single. Very inspirational! I love music, especially Carrie Underwood and 90s pop stuff. And I definitely love chocolate! :)

6) My favorite vacation was last summer's trip to Memphis and Nashville! I saw Carrie perform at the Grand Ole Opry!

Lauren said...

1) Lauren
2) San Francsico
3) Financial Analyst
4) Nope, i found your blog through a random link and have very much enjoyed reading it!
5) We do have in common that we are both 25 and both single, and its so nice to know there's others out there!!!
6) My favorite place to visit is my family's hosue in Aspen, Co or to go home since i'm from a very small town in Wisconsin, but moved to San Francisco for work!

Becky Kiser said...

1. becky
2. houston
3. mom to karis, wife to chris and minister/speaker/teacher/writer/etc. to women.
4. FINALLY a month ago! it was about time!
5. it seems like a lot, we need to nail it down over lunch some time. :)
6. my honeymoon to st. lucia. pure bliss.

Lindsey said...

1. Lindsey
2. Georgia
3. professional job-seeker...at least that's how it seems (recent graduate)
4. once for 2 awkward seconds when I ran into you at Beth Moore at FBC Woodstock in GA & felt like a creeper when I recognized you.
5. girls ministry, single, & probably much much more.
6. love to travel anywhere!

Anonymous said...

1) Lanae
2) Navajo reservation
3) Doctor
4) No, I can't remember whose blog I linked to yours through
5) Ministry, Single, 25 too
6) National Parks
I really get what you say when you write - I'm so delighted whenever a new post pops up from you.

Anonymous said...

1. Annie {although my real name is Stephanie - but that's a long story, haha}

2. Michigan. originally from metro Detroit, transplanted across the state for college.

3. I'm a student. I have a little over a year and a half until I get my B.A. in English lit.

4. Nope.

5. When I first found your blog, it resonated with me strongly because I'm single, too. Your words have always been encouraging in my own season of singleness. Also - we both love Carrie Underwood. Was her Play On tour not fabulous?!

6. Europe, by far. I've been to both France and Poland so far and have absolutely loved both places. I love history, and it's just so richly woven into the tapestry of Europe; I just love it.

Anonymous said...

1. Joy

2. Charlotte, NC

3. Online writer (articles and such) for a major ministry. I'm also pursuing a master's degree in Biblical Studies. Right now, I'm in the throes of Hebrew.

4. Nope. Never met. But I would love to if I had the opportunity! I haven't been reading long. I think I stumbled up on by way of BigMama, Amanda, GA Jan...who knows? I don't even remember.

5. We seem to have a few things in common -- we're both in ministry, love music and tall-ish (does 5'8 qualify?). I'm no longer single, but I WAS single until age 30 (I'm 33 now). So, I can identify with a lot of your posts about singleness. Oh, and I love Mexican food. I think I could eat it every day for the rest of my life and not tire of it.

6. Hawaii! It was glorious. I would also love to travel to Israel someday.

Jennifer said...

1) Jennifer

2) Houston

3) Mom to 2 kids (and work for a local school district in HR)

4) Nope, but maybe one day since we're both in H-town

5) We both love Jesus! (and I visited your church for a while a few years ago - I think you were probably in college at the time, and this was before bloggy world really got started)

6) Washington, D.C. - I went when the cherry trees were blooming and I loved hearing about all the history

Katie said...

1) Katie

2) AZ

3) SAHM

4) No, we haven't! Twitter suggested I follow you so that is how I found your blog. :]

5) We are both TALL and both love Jesus! :]

6)My favorite vacation was when we took our kiddos to Disneyland. It was so magical! I can not wait to go back!

BeckyJo606 said...

1. My name is Becky

2. I live in Ohio.

3. I'm a youth and young adult minister.

4. Nope

5) We both work in ministry, although for different churches/denominations. I am also tall! I love reading your blog posts because it inspires me to be more loving and patient. When I read your posts about the fun times you have with your girls, I am renewed in my own work!

6) This past summer a bunch of my friends and I traveled to South Africa for our friends wedding. My fiance and I also flew to Victoria Falls. Definitely an amazing and memorable trip! :)

Elizabeth said...

1. Elizabeth. (loveishere89 on twitter, if that helps ring a bell)

2) Dallas, TX.

3) What do you do? Currently I'm a part time admin assistant for Dallas Baptist University's adult education program. I also just got hired at my church though as a paid childcare worker in the 2/3 year old department. :) Really excited about that. I love kids!

4) Have we ever met? No but hopefully the Lord will let us cross paths one day!

5) I'm single, tall (I hear you on the jeans trouble!!, share an affinity for Beth Moore and cute shoes and dresses, and I do like listening to songs on repeat.

6) Guatemala. Hands down. I went there on my first mission trip last year, and I can honestly say that while it isn't a "glamorous" destination by any stretch...it was definitely character building, and I fell in love with the country, and the kids I worked with in the orphanages.

Cathy said...

1) What is your name? Cathy

2) Where do you live? The Bahamas

3) What do you do? I'm a second grade teacher at Christian school. I guess you can call that a ministry, too.;)

4) Have we ever met? No, but if you ever come to the Bahamas on vacation we can meet! :) I found your blog through Twitter. Earlier this summer you were sending tweets about your trip to Belize and I took notice 'cause my husband is from Belize. :)

5) Do we have something in common? I love chocolate, coffee, music and also have a hard time finding jeans that fit.

6) For fun, what has been your favorite vacation or favorite place to travel? I loved Big Bear Lake in CA. It is absolutely gorgeous up in the mountains.

Your blog is so much fun to read.

Allie said...

1.) Natalie, but everyone calls me Nat

2.) Wales, UK

3.) I'm a stay at home mommy

4.) Nope! But I feel like you're a friend of a friend (Jen!), my husband thinks its funny that I talk about my bloggy friends as if we are real-life BFF's lol.

5.) we both love starbucks, musicals and disney songs (and singing in the car) and I'm assuming if I lived in the US, I'd like sonic happy hour as much as you too.

6.) My favourite vacation was to Disneyland when I was about 11, I've only beeen once but it was sooo magical.

Missy said...

1. Missy
2. Down the street from you. :)
3. K Teacher!
4. Um...I think so. :)
5. Some super fun friends..and many more things too.
6. Vail, CO in the summer!

The Johnsons said...

1. Erin
2. Houston
3. SAHM
4. Yes :)
5. We both love Jesus. And music.
6. Anywhere with mountains. Pure happiness.

Kamryn C. said...

1) Kamryn

2) I'm from Houston and still in a way live there, but right now I live in dallas because that is where i go to college

3) Student at Dallas Baptist

4) We have never met but I started reading your blog because of Julie Crittenden who knows/knew you

5) We both love Jesus and we are single and I'm obsessed with chocolate, we both have blogs

6) I like San Fransisco and New York. right now I would really love to go to Oregon, Washington, Tennessee, Main, South Carolina, basically the east coast. I love nature and these are some gorgeous places.

Lauren said...

1) Lauren
2) Houston (Montrose, if you want to get picky)
3) I work with a campus ministry at Rice.
4) Nope. But we have a mutual friend who told me about your blog - Missy.
5) I'm tall and single, I love chocolate and listening to songs over and over again. And we both love Jesus, which is a pretty big deal.
6) Favorite place to travel is, hands down, London.

Lindsey said...

1) Lindsey
2) Alabama
3) Account manager for a promotional design company
4) Yes...in Atlanta at the Beth Moore So Long Insecurity simulcast :)
5) I quite often read your blog and feel like you're living the same life in Texas. :) I have a heart for high school and college women and am as single as they come!
6) I've been blessed to travel to lots of different places. Out of the country---Italy. In the country---Boston or Nashville

Rebecca said...

1. Rebecca
2. Washington D.C
3. I am a graduate student
4. Nope. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and got hooked.
5. I am very tall and used to go on mission trips every summer. I loved reading about your experiences.
6. My favorite place to travel is now where I live! I used to travel to DC for fun all the time, but now I live here. =) I suppose going to home to see my parents is my new favorite.

Hollie said...

1-Hollie
2-Ohio
3-Fourth Grade Teacher
4-We've never met. I think I found you through Big Mama or Baby Bangs.
5-We do have some things in common! I am also single with a limited amount of dating experience. Love songs from Disney movies and singing in the car! Love Beth Moore's Bible Studies!
6-My favorite vacation spot is Siesta Key, Florida-beautiful sand and water!

Becky said...

Hi Lindsee,
1. Becky
2. Glendora, CA
3. SAHM to 4 cuties
4. No, we don't know eachother, but you seem like loads of fun!
5. I love Jesus and I think you do too!!
6. My family loves camping at the Colorado River. So much fun.

Kristin said...

Hi Lindsee!
1) Kristin
2) California
3) I sit behind a desk and enter payroll data. This does not fit my personality at all but... it is what it is right now
4) No, we have not met. I found your blog through blog land. LPM blog mostly.
5) We LOVE our friends and family. I consider them my life line as I can tell you do too! I love being as social as possible, most weeks my calendar is jammed packed. Also I serve in women's and children's ministry!
6) Favorite vacay spot would be the Central Coast beach in California. Michigan is a close second!!
Thanks for letting me de-lurk! You have a great ministry in this blog! Glad I get to read!