Anyway, enough about November. We have all month to talk about it!
This past weekend was fabulous. I realized last week that I didn't have one thing on the calendar the entire weekend and that made my heart so happy! It gave me a chance to just be and do things that were fun for me.
These fun things included...
Eating at Pappasito's on Friday night for dinner with some friends. You can never go wrong with Mexican food, and more specifically, chicken fajitas to begin the weekend.
Traveling to Huntsville on Saturday morning to have lunch with some precious girlfriends from college at Farmhouse. The longer I'm out of college, the less I go back. But, it is always wonderful and I'm so thankful for not only those girls the Lord blessed me with during those years, but also that town that means so much to me. You grow so much in college! It's just fun to be there and remember all the changes and fun times that took place.
The only thing that irritates me is the fact that I took one picture. We were too busy chatting and catching up! Jen and I in front of the cars. ;)
Visiting the Christmas Tree Farm with some friends from Bible study on Saturday night. We went on a hayride, had a few bonfires, played a few games, roasted some hot dogs and marshmallows and all around had a wonderful time. The best part was the weather! It wasn't freezing so we weren't shivering and miserable, but it was chilly enough to have a fire and be warmed by it. I loved it! There may have even been some guitar playing and singing, but would you expect less? That's only necessary.
Singing on praise team Sunday morning. My typical Sunday mornings consist of being with both the Middle School and High School groups, so singing is always a treat to me to be in the main service.
Sunday afternoon I cancelled my small group with my freshman girls for multiple reasons, which left me free all day after church. I could not tell you the last time that happened and it was so great! Instead of going straight to a meeting after lunch, and then to small group, I went home goods shopping with the roomies and enjoyed an afternoon off. It was so great!
I think my favorite highlight of the weekend, however, was our impromptu costume party. In all reality, we didn't have plans for the evening so we texted our friends that were coming over to just hang out and told them they wouldn't be allowed in if they didn't have a costume. Of course, we were kidding but figured it would be funny if they showed up dressed up. It didn't shock us at all when they did show up dressed in disguise and we proceeded to laugh for what seemed like hours. Twenty minutes before they got there we also decided we should dress up and had the grand idea to be the three blind mice minus a few essentials like a cane, whiskers, ears and a tail. I think this meant we just ended up being three blind roommates. We're pitiful like that!
I wasn't sure if kids typically trick-or-treated in apartment complexes, but I was hoping we'd have some. Unfortunately, we didn't have even one. We only bought one bag of candy, but still, there are miniature Snickers bars and Peanut M&M's staring at me in the face. Resisting chocolate is not what I do best.
Despite the lack of trick-or-treaters, we had the best time and feasted on pizza and laughter. Ha!
Here is Ben, the scuba dude, and Mike, the nerd. Hilarious! No worries, after this photo was taken Ben changed into some more appropriate clothing.
And here are the three blind mice. I mean, three blind roommates.
3 comments:
So fun! Sounds like a GREAT weekend!!!
I was part of the 3 blind mice for halloween this year also! Check out my blog soon for pictures and a recap! :)
Love your blog!
All five of you win the costume contest, too funny!!! MOM
Post a Comment