Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter 2011

I had a wonderful, long Easter weekend. It started Thursday evening as I convinced my parents to go get frozen yogurt with me. I had a craving and it needed to be dealt with. I think it was a very good decision.

I was about to say this past month I feel like I have been going ninety to nothin’, but the honest truth is, I have been a bit crazy town lately, so I was thrilled when the only thing on my calendar on Friday was a birthday dinner that night. Not only was that the only thing on my calendar, but both of my roommates were out of town, which meant I had the apartment to myself.

Typically I don’t enjoy that, but I was excited about some quiet, alone time. Granted, by Friday night I was ready for company, but it was a nice break.

I literally did nothing on Friday. Slept. Got donuts. Read. Layed by the pool. Relaxed. It was very good. And I don’t feel the least bit guilty. That never happens.

Saturday was pretty jam packed, but it was a good day. It started out at praise team rehearsal that morning, then I headed to my friends, Greg and Allison’s, garage sale. They are currently in the process of adopting a little girl from China and had a garage sale to raise some support. It was hot, but fun! I am praising the Lord with them for how he provided for them and can’t wait until their China girl is here with them being loved on by a wonderful family!

Easter morning I was up bright and early. Honestly, getting up wasn’t that hard for me because Easter is easily one of my favorite holidays, and plus, I never sleep that great when I’m home alone, so I was almost happy my alarm went off. I know that’s weird, but I’m just being honest.

It was a wonderful morning that we got to celebrate our Savior. All morning I just kept thinking to myself how blessed we are to be able to celebrate a RISEN Savior. He’s not dead. He’s very much alive! Singing on praise team was such a highlight and the team I got to sing with was incredible. My new favorite song now is O the Blood by Kari Jobe. Look it up, you won’t be disappointed. Thank you, Jesus, for your blood shed.

Want to know another fun thing? On Friday I realized it had been exactly two months since I’d gone shopping. Oh, sweet victory in Jesus! He has been challenging me and changing me more in the last four months than ever, but that’s another post for another day.

After church we headed to our friends that are family to us house, the Snow's, and enjoyed a low key afternoon napping, eating and playing in the pool. My brother and his girlfriend joined us as well, which is always fun since she brought the kids with her. I enjoyed every minute of it!

I was also happy to have both of my roommates back home! I had enjoyed the quiet, but was ready for people. I got to pick my roommate, Bethany, and her boyfriend, Ben, up at the airport really late that night and it was fun hearing about all their fun adventures in Wisconsin and Chicago from the weekend! Also? She brought me back the cutest top from H&M. Love it. Love her!

Meet my brother Brien. We love him. Even when he wants pictures on the bench by himself. ; )

Awkward family photo. I am framing this one. I love my brothers.

The wind was a bit mighty. Hello, hair!

I requested we try once more inside the house. Much better. However, by this point half the family had changed and my white pants were as big as day. Oh well!

Mom and sweet Jessie. Our Katrina friend, turned family. We love her.

Me and Jessie!

Me and mom.

Emily DID NOT want her picture taken. So hiding was the next best thing.

Then she peaked to see if I was still there.

But how could you not want a picture of this love in these sunglasses? I think she looks like a cabbage patch doll.

Then she realized I was there. So she went back to hiding.

Hiding on mama's back!

Did I take enough pictures of the progression of her shyness? Love it.

I knew she'd break out soon. And she did! She kept yelling, "Cannon ball!"

The pool provided much entertainment!


This is when I put down my camera and got in myself. How could you resist?


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well! I’m thankful that our Savior is still risen and alive today and not just Sunday. Praise Him!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your family :)

And that pic of Bri is HI-LARIOUS.

Love you. can't wait for our slumber party this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

When have you ever had to CONVINCE me to join you for frozen yogurt, I/m usually waiting by the phone for an invitation!!:)I love all the pictures - can you say "next year's calendar??!!"
M