Monday, August 29, 2011

A Cypress Bible Farewell

Yesterday was my last official day at my church, Cypress Bible Church. It was a very bittersweet day, but I tried to focus more on the sweet part of it as opposed to the bitter. My last day on staff was actually the previous Sunday, but they wanted to honor me in all of this services yesterday. In all honesty, I would have been perfectly fine if they wouldn't have done anything, but I left that church yesterday feeling more loved by that body than I've ever felt before.

I knew it would be a day of tears, especially since I'd held them all in until yesterday, which is partly why I would have been okay without anything, but the words, prayers, support and blessing they sent me out on made leaving a tiny bit easier. Well, that and the fact that I'm very excited about this new journey I'm about to embark on.

There is an entire mushy post about where the Lord is planting me next as far as churches go, but before I post that, I wanted to post some sweet pictures from yesterday.

I was told to be in every service. That meant all three main services and then both the middle school and high school services. It was funny because before JJ and I went on stage for the 8:15 service I whispered to him that that would be the easiest service as far as tears were concerned. My was I wrong. JJ tends to be a crier (he has a sensitive heart, gotta love it) and the minute he started talking he lost it, which meant I was an absolute puddle.

Needless to say, the 8:15 service was the hardest. It all hit me right then and there that this was actually happening. It was very official.

Once that service was over, I made my way over to the middle school service, shed some tears there, then visited with the high school students for a while, then finished off the day at the last two main services. Such a whirlwind. When church was over, they had a reception for me with some goodies. I didn't eat one thing, but I got my fair share of hugs which filled me love tank to the brim.

To say I'm thankful for this church body would be a vast understatement. By the way, I feel like I've been using the term vast understatement way too much as of late, but I feel it's the only term to appropriately convey what my heart is feeling. Anyway, I love them dearly. I've been a part of this church in some way, shape or form for my entire life. All 26 years of it. With that said, the Lord was very sweet to me and they released me yesterday with much blessing and love. I am so grateful.

Here I am saying goodbye to our high school students. Unfortunately, I didn't get one picture in the main service. I'm hoping someone else did.
Opening a gift from all the students and their parents.
Saying thank you, giving some words of wisdom (hopefully) and probably on the verge of huge tears.
Thankfully, the card sang to me when I opened it and I really enjoyed it. Thank you, TSMAC, for the beautiful bracelet and generous gift card. Y'all are too much.
Sweet prayers as I left.
At the reception with Anna and Lauri. Love them.
A small portion of my freshman girls. I heart them. Like, a lot.
This is my pastor Dave. I actually refer to him as Uncle Dave. I love and respect this man.
These girls are JUNIORS! Where did the time go?!
All of these girls are our volunteers girls. Even in elementary school, they've won my heart over.
Dana and Keeley!
Three of my favorite pastors wives on the planet. How much do I love them? SO much.
My staff.
Then we added Greg. I will seriously miss these funny people. Such wonderful friends!
You really want each of these ladies prayer for you. What mighty warriors they are. I love them.
My parents. Of course I love them.
My favorite Sophie Girl. She's one of a kind.

Thank you, CBC, for all you are to me, for all you've given me and for letting me serve you all. Words could never express how much I love you. You will always be home to me. Keep serving and loving Jesus well. So much love to each and everyone of you.

2 comments:

Mary R Snyder said...

precious -- so thrilled for you and praying as the Lord leads you into His next adventure for your life!
Trust Him!

Lauren said...

It is so beautiful to see how much you are loved!!!! So excited for you and this new journey! :)