Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lies Young Women Believe

If you've ever done the Bible study Lies Young Women Believe, which was written for young ladies after the book Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Dannah Gresh came out, you have probably heard about the Lies Young Women Believe website that is a resource to go along with the book. If you don't know about the website and you have a daughter that is in either high school or college, I would check it out. It is a really interactive website that I was thankful for when we did this study with our senior girls over a year ago.

My favorite part about this website is that even though we went through and finished the Bible study, it didn't end there. The website has a blog they update every day that tackles all sorts of issues discussed in the book and it provides an ongoing conversation.

Sometime last year they asked for readers to submit an article that had to do with an issue that was discussed in the book. I went ahead and submitted an old blog post about dating, or lack thereof.

So, imagine my complete surprise yesterday when I received the email that my blog post had been posted on the Lies Young Women Believe blog. It was a complete honor to me! To be honest, I forgot about submitting it months ago.

That article originated from this blog post here.

However, you can go to the LYWB website and read the article here. Such a complete blessing to me.

My prayer is that each and every girl that reads that would be encouraged and built up in faith. Our God knows what He's doing. I'm praying that a generation of girls chooses to believe Truth over the lies their fed every single day.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I remember loving this post when you originally wrote it, and it excites me to no end that it has been posted in a different place for others to read. Just from the comments on the other post, it is apparent that your words have struck a cord with many.

Love you, friend!

Seek First said...

I read lies women believe and loved that book. So glad to see there is an option for young women!

I have a rosette headband/necklace giveaway going on this week, I hope you'll stop by and enter! http://hannahjholmes.blogspot.com/2011/08/giveaway-enter-to-win-handcrafted.html

Amy said...

LOVe this study! I did this and Lies Women Believe - both are amazing! Nancy DeMoss is one of my favorites!

Kirsten said...

Yes, yes, yes! Young women are under such attack from the enemy. They need strong, women mentors who will point them to God's truth. It looks like you are that for so many--way to go! :)

Jamie said...

I remember reading this when you originally wrote it. You are such a beautiful girl on the inside(I can tell from how you blog) and on the outside, and I am sure that God is protecting you from the wrong men! I am so glad this was published, as I am sure you have helped many other women as well!