Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A New Journey: God's Faithfulness

You can read the beginning of this story here.

The morning of July 28th brought a lot of clarity to my seeking, praying, questioning and waiting.

I went into a meeting with zero expectations of how it would go, and left a little before noon with relief and joy in my heart that I still have a hard time containing.

Since my senior year of high school there has been no doubt in my mind that the Lord has called me to serve in ministry, in whatever form it came in. Even more specifically, I’ve felt called to girl’s ministry. I think I’ve written before multiple times that the Lord has clearly paved a path consistently that has had me serving in girl’s ministry. At first it started out as a freshman in college leading a small group Bible study with freshman girls, then in college I was a part of a Christian sorority where He allowed me to serve as the chaplain and many others way through Phi Lamb. After graduation from college He opened up a door for me to serve full –time on a church staff doing girls ministry. It is very clear that He has guided this journey and placed in me a desire to serve and love girls.

I have been asked time and time again from people all over how long I plan on staying and serving at Cypress Bible as the girl’s minister. I never had a concrete answer because who am I to put a timetable on where God has me? I always felt that if it was time to leave, I would know and He would make it very clear to me that this was the time. Not only has the time come for me to leave, but the Lord has done incredibly more than I can imagine and has most definitely opened up doors for me to serve elsewhere.

Last December my genuine prayer for 2011 was that the Lord would do immeasurably more than I could ask or imagine for His glory. I wrote a post about it here. I claimed Ephesians 3:20 and 1 Corinthians 2:9 like no one else’s business. I don’t love Jesus perfectly, actually very far from perfect, but I love Him and my desire is to serve Him and bring Him much glory.

That Thursday morning the Lord did a more than I can imagine type of work and I was offered and took a position with Living Proof Ministries. If you’re unfamiliar with this ministry, you can take a look at it here. Even writing that just now brought so much excitement and joy to my heart!

In an effort not to bore you, I will save what I will actually be doing for a later post. But what you must know now is that I am in no way ending my ministry to girls. In fact, this position will allow for a continuation of it in a different form. I will be doing other things alongside this that are also very exciting, but again, I’ll leave that for a later post.

I hesitated writing this post and sharing this news as I don’t start until early September. But there are a number of reasons I did want to share it.

God has been more than faithful and has woven such a neat story together that I can’t help but share of His goodness and faithfulness. He alone is to be praised and I could shout that from the rooftops.

I see now more than ever that the Lord has said no to a lot of things recently so that He could give me a very big YES!

Leaving Cypress is going to be very tough, and that process started this past Sunday as we shared the news with our students and later sent out a letter to the congregation. My hope and desire is to end well at Cypress. I want to soak up every minute I have with the people I love so dearly here. I blog because I enjoy writing, but also because I love looking back and seeing how the Lord has worked in my heart and life, this is most definitely worth documenting and remembering.

Isaiah 43:19 has been a sweet verse for me to reflect on lately. Behold, the Lord is doing a new thing!

With this new transition comes a lot of feelings, some of which are excitement, anxiousness, sadness, joy, but most of all peace. Don’t say I didn’t warn you when in the next month you might be reading a lot of “sappy” posts. I want to end well. I want to ponder. I want to remember.

Last year for my birthday my sweet friend gave me the sweetest wall sign that says, “God dreams a bigger dream than you dream for yourself.”

Indeed He does.

That sign hasn’t had a home since it’s been mine, but in one month I think I’ll have the perfect place to hang it in my new office.

The Lord is so much better than He has to be. He and I are about to embark on a new journey together and I am so excited.

Thank you for sharing in my joy!

23 comments:

Alicia said...

I have been eagerly anticipating hearing the rest of your new journey story! WOW! is all I can say. How Great is Our God! On a personal note, for the second time today, Isaiah 43:19 has been in front of my face. And not by coincidence, I believe. Thank you for sharing your heart. So excited for your future!

Jen-Jen said...

I am so excited for your new chapter and can't wait to see the amazing things God is going to do during and through this transition. Greater things are yet to come and greater things are still to be done!! I love you!!!

Vivian said...

I am very excited for you and this next season you are about to enter. I believe God has more for you than you can even imagine. You are "living proof" (LOL) that God is working something in your life and can work things together for all of us. Good luck and God bless you on this next chapter. Please keep us updated!

Megan said...

Wow! Congratulations on your new position! I am sure God will do great things through you in this new chapter of your life. Good luck and I am excited for you!

Jennifer said...

Wow! That is amazing and what fun that is going to be!

SELBY said...

You finally got to post this! I am still so excited for you and can't wait to hear you blog more about your new adventures!! Praying for you and your new transition.

Amanda said...

As soon as I read your earlier post I knew knew knew you were going to LPM!!! That's so exciting and I will be praying for a smooth transition for you!

Deidre said...

Lindsee, I am SO very happy for you. I have followed your blog for a very long time and when I was teaching high school girls (I'm now teaching women) I was always so interested in how you were working through your ministry. I am still interested, and even more thrilled at how God is working with and through you. He is faithful that promised and He's still not finished :)

Kirsten said...

Oh that is so very exciting!!! Congrats! God IS faithful. Looking back, it is so easy and awesome to see how He prepares you every step of the way for what's ahead. God bless you on this new journey... :)

Patty said...

I am so happy and excited for you! I cannot wait to read more about your transition and God is going to keep doing greater things than you can imagine!! Praying for you on your new journey. :-)
Love,
Patty

Jaclyn said...

amazing lindsee!!!! So happy for you, and happy for LPM too....you will be such a blessing to them!!

Annie said...

Lindsee, that's fantastic! So excited to hear what you'll be doing at LPM and how God is weaving this transition into your story.

Taylor said...

Lindsee! Joy unspeakable?! So excited for you, girl. I'll be praying for you & looking forward to glimpses of your journey along the way. Our God is so kind and loving. Love that quote about Him dreaming bigger dreams than we dream for ourselves... Praise Him!

Much love,
Taylor

annalee said...

so very excited for the next step on your journey! thank you for the way you seek God's will in all you do. love you!

Sarah said...

I'm so excited for you and so proud of you! What a sweet gift God has given you. I can't wait to hear more!

Amanda said...

Lindsee, I'm just now reading this. So exciting! God is faithful. I can't wait to see what He has in store.

Profbaugh said...

Congrats, Lindsee! I've always known you were destined for BIG things. Know that you are truly beautiful, inside and out! Can't wait to see what God is going to do in your life.

Much love,
Cheryl

Angela Baylis said...

Oh, Lindsee! I am SO happy for you! This is over the top exciting! Congratulations!

Much love,
Angie xoxo

Kelly S. said...

I am just now reading this. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had a feeling you were going there when I read your tweets, but just now had time to catch up on your blog. I am sooo happy for you! I will be praying for you as you make your transition. Also, my oldest, Olivia who is 12 attended her first LPL in Charlotte this year. She loved it and has already asked to go to Knoxville next year! We are so excited about Knox. its very close to us!!
much love!

Kelli said...

Love this story so much! This is one of my favorite's that God has written! Love you friend and can't wait to see the rest of the chapters come to light!

Lindsey said...

So I've been out of the blog loop for a few weeks now, but friend...WOOHOO!! From the time you emailed me a few weeks ago about some changes, I have been praying for you and the upcoming changes specifically.

Your heart for girls is special...so glad that the LPM team is bringing you on because I can only imagine the ways that the Lord is going to use you to bless others in your new role. I'll be praying...and can't wait to see what the next chapter holds!

Missy said...

Lindsee girl, so so happy for you and for the way that God is gonna glorify himself THRU you!!

K'sh said...

My favorite part: I see now more than ever that the Lord has said no to a lot of things recently so that He could give me a very big YES! Although, those closed doors are frustrating and dare I say it...interruptions,but God knows what best and ultimately it's leading us to the very best open door.