Sunday, July 29, 2007

Partying, Traveling, and Showering (Wedding Showering that is!)

You guessed it...

That's what I've been up to since Tuesday.

I traveled to Conroe on Tuesday evening to celebrate Hannah's 21st birthday. It was a fun night and I got to see a few of my phi lambs. They are always a joy to be around and it gets me excited for the fall. (Even though I'm bitter we start school on the 20th. A whole week before the rest of the world starts!)






I traveled up to Huntsville after that for a few days to relax and get some stuff done for school. I got my stuff done, layed out at the pool, saw "Licence to Wed", saw my sweet Macy, said goodbye to my precious Raven (who's moving to Dallas in a week) and Hannah (who was off to Africa for a month!) and then headed back to good ole' H-town. Houston, that is. It was very productive, yet very relaxing. I like to call it my mini-vacation since I have not taken one and am not taking one this summer.

Friday at work Jessica and I ran around ALL day to finish getting things ready for Project Runway this Wednesday. It was fun, yet exhausting simply because I will still getting over my cold. But, we got MUCH done and are so excited that this event is finally here. You'll hear all about it on Thursday, when it's over!! :)

Then Saturday we got to "shower" Claire with some special gifts for her wedding. We played some very fun games and she got some very "little thangs!" ;) It was a fun time.





My favorite part of my week, though, was my car rides. I have always loved driving to and from Huntsville. Some people may think I am crazy, but my car rides are always peaceful, times when it's "quiet", times when I can think, about anything. Times I can pray and hold a conversation with Jesus and have no one interrupt. But most of all, times when I can worship. And I love that. You better know that I bust my music as loud as it can go singing my heart out and raising my sweet little hands to the one I am falling in love with. (I do raise one hand, as it would be hazardous to raise both!). I guess this summer I haven't had a lot of that, a lot of alone time with HIM, simply because I'm not making time, and it's only my fault. I'm the one missing out. But this week I was just refreshed. It was me and Him, an hour there and an hour back. I loved it.

The one thing different about this car ride was the fact that I had no voice. Since I have been sick, I have been sounding a little like a smoker. It's just a precious sound! ;) So there was simply no hope in singing. The voice was gone and I am sure it was not a pleasing sound. So, I just listened to the words. Since I am a singer, just listening is harder for me, I love to sing. But, when you have no voice, you just can't sing. I think the Lord did this on purpose. He wanted me to listen, to be still, to be quiet. To just think about him and nothing else. It was so nice and it was literally like I was hearing him sing over me like he says he does. Oh, I can only imagine the voice he must have.

Next time you're in your car, bust up the music and worship your little heart out. Tell him all your fears, worries, joys, concerns, whatever it may be. It's such a sweet, quiet place. I love my car time with Jesus.

5 comments:

John and Joanna said...

I love you!! and can i just say when you said that about having such great convo and worship with Jesus in the car...i said AMEN :) and it made me miss you! He is so good and i know that because i know you :)

Heather said...

I love my times alone with him ... though like you I've not made the time. It's such a joy when I do. I have very little me time with these two boys but I need to make more times because you are right ... I'm the one who misses out when I dont! Thanks for the reminder!

Jenny said...

Girl, it is SO hard to praise Him silently! But so so important. Yesterday at church, we were singing "Days of Elijah" and there was hardly anyone in the service, and the part that says "Behold He comes, Riding on the clouds", I always wanna bust out and belt it out but everyone else was so quiet! It was hard to sing that in a whisper!

Raven said...

you are so right.. car rides can be an amazing time with the Lord! love you honey.. hope you're feeling better!! =)

Shelly said...

OHHH!!!!!!!

ditto and ditto on the car ride love affairs with Jesus! It's my alone time!