From the worship, to the special music, to the wonderful message, and to the amazing drama, everything went perfectly. The Lord showed up in a mighty way and low and behold ONE got it. ONE came to know HIM as her personal Lord and Savior. PTL! (I do know that 2 others are meeting with our pastor to talk more about it and they seem ready!!) There were also many others who rededicated their lives, or made commitments or changes, and we are so grateful.
The truth of the matter is is that we all need to examine our lives. In this life that we like to call "the dance", who are we dancing with? What is taking control over our lives? What is tempting us? How can we flee from temptation? What grave clothes are we still wearing? (See John 11:44)
HE longs to strip the clothes of death off of you, but you have to be willing to LET HIM take them off. You have to COME OUT of the darkness. Stop hiding. Sometimes we want the process of sanctification to happen in private, you know, just between you and Him so no one else knows. So know one else "figures you out!" So you're not embarrassed. So, maybe, just maybe, your pride won't be shot down. Well, folks, it doesn't work like that. We NEED a Savior to come pick us up and dust us off. We NEED other people around us to hold us accountable. To ask us the hard questions. To know us better than we know ourselves.
HE IS fighting on YOUR behalf. HE wants you to CHOOSE Him. Choose the spirit over the flesh!
I have been really struggling having a morning quiet time. I mean, let's face it, I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON. But, I have come to realize the importance of spending time with HIM first thing. Just asking that he would fill me with his spirit so that my choices through out the day would be pleasing to him. That I would choose the spirit over my flesh. That HE would be the DELIGHT in my life. So, I started the devotional, David: 90 Days with a Heart Like His by Beth Moore. It's been sitting in my room since June, and as sad as I am that I didn't start it when I got it, I think this is the perfect time to start it. It gives me structure. I am proud to announce that so far (meaning the past and first 2 days!) I have done it in the morning, and y'all, can I just tell you what a difference it makes. Seriously. I love it. Clearly, I praise HIM for kicking me out of bed each morning because it is everything in me to snooze my alarm for 15 more minutes, or 30 more minutes. So, praise HIM for his faithfulness.
But, since I am telling y'all this, y'all can keep me accountable. Ask me if I've done it that day. I'm so serious. My plan is that I CANNOT get on the computer that day until I've spent time with Him. I don't want to make it routine, or legalistic, but I just need that routine and that discipline. Since I've enjoyed HIM so much lately, and the book, I really can't even wait to get up and spend time with Him. It's a new adventure every day and I love it. Now, ask me next week if I'm loving it and you may get a totally different answer, but my prayer is that my JOY and SATISFACTION would only GROW for Him. So, join me in loving Him and for praying for discipline, would you? I would GREATLY appreciate it! And, I'll for sure keep y'all updated!
Anyway, thank you for praying for TRUTH. We GOT IT! How awesome is HE?! I pray you GET IT this week!
Love y'all!
7 comments:
My sweet Lindsee, I am praising the Lord with you for that ONE! :) I am proud of you for your morning devotional. I've heard great things about that book, I'm thinking about buying it. LOVE YOU
i am so excited that you are going to be here! call me when you get here!!!!! i cant wait :) love you!
followed on over from janelle...this was such a praiseworthy post!!
I love me some college girls who love Jesus! :))
Lisa
thats SO good linds.. i am so very excited for you! truth sounds like it is absolutely amazing this year! and i'm so proud of you getting up in the mornings to spend time with our sweet Lord! just keep it up! =)
and i get to see you today.. whoo hoo!
LOVE YOU!!
i loved getting to see you today! so much fun :)
i just cant wait for you to come back so i can hear stories about those boys :) i'm so excited!!!! i mean i think it's just meant to be! haha.
LOVE YOU.
p.s. i'll facebook message you my address here... you know i can't be having anymore stalkers! :)
so great! good to know i'm not the only college-ish girl who struggles in the mornings!
i think i'll steal your computer idea! :)
Post a Comment