Friday, September 7, 2007

Bringing Home Baby

I apologize for the lack of updating lately, but y'all, I feel like the theme of my life right now is just plain busy...especially at school.

On the other hand, Labor Day Weekend was GREAT. Non-stressful and relaxing. I enjoyed my time at home doing absolutely nothing. Yes, I had some school work, and did some productive things, but none of which stressed me out.

A few highlights from the weekend were Jude's 1st Birthday Party, which was absolutely adorable and fun. I can't believe this little booger is already ONE. I'll never forget the day when Sally went into labor. It was the day before Labor Day. I was at Schlitterbahn with my youth group and when I returned to my "table of stuff" I had about 10 missed phone calls from all the girls. I knew it. I knew she was either in labor or had the baby. I think I was in shock! It was such a great day and I couldn't wait to get my hands on that boy. Oh, what great memories. Now he's one and I am still in shock. But, also quite twitterpaited. :)

"Happy 1st Jude!"
On the floor dissecting the cake!
He just wasn't too sure...
The highchair was the lifesaver :)
"Yea, it's my birthday!"

"Here's my head..."
It's my party and I'll cry if I want too!
Do you see why I'm twitterpaited?!

Another highlight was seeing the ravishing musical of Hairspray with my Jennifer!! Y'all, it is just delightful! SO entertaining and funny. I am actually singing along to the soundtrack as my fingers type away!

We celebrated Labor Day on Sunday with the Snows and the Maney's! Oh, bless. We laughed so much and had a great time! I love these people, truly another family to us. If I could get a dollar for every holiday we have spent together, I am sure I would be a millionaire by now. But, every time is a time well spent!

Monday was just "get er' done" kinda day. I piddled around and then packed up to head back to Huntsville...in the rain. One of the many reasons I'm glad we celebrated on Sunday, simply because of the awful weather on Monday that hasn't ceased since then. It's been such a beautiful week in terms of weather! ;) Rain rain go away, come again another day....

That leads me to this week. The week of craziness...yet so much fun! Y'all, I know I am so busy and am ready to be out of school, but I am serious when I say I am enjoying this semester so much. My teachers are awesome. My classmates are a blessing. Our projects are more fun than a college student should be aloud to have. And, I was placed at THE BEST Elementary School in Willis. I love it.

Although I've enjoyed every class, I have to say that Science has been the most fun so far. We've created funky name tags, made "science eyes" and now have babies to take care of. Babies, being two meal worms. They are our project for the next few weeks. We prepared their home today in the nice plastic cup given to us with lots of wheat grain and were instructed to feed them potato slices every few days. WOW. I've brought home the babes and am ready to take this challenge of bringing home baby...including trying not to kill the twins. :)

Look at those science eyes!
We're so cool.
Oh, what fun education majors have!

Anyway, I hope you all have had a wonderful week and had a wonderful Labor Day weekend full of rest and relaxation!

If you think of me this weekend I would greatly appreciate a prayer for the retreat I'll be at. This weekend is the Family Wake-Up retreat in Galveston and I am heading up the childcare for kids under the ages of 6th grade. I'm very excited, but am hoping I'll have enough energy to give the kids the attention they need and then certainly energy upon my return as I start another crazy week. Thank you so much friends in advance for praying!

Well, I'm off to pack a bag...and finish laundry! Oh, and I better check on my babies.

The joys of responsibility! :)

5 comments:

Little Steps Of Faith said...

i didn't know you were an education major...me too!
No wonder why I wanted to know you:) Jesus rocks my siesta:)
have a great one!

angie

Jenny said...

You got the soundtrack??? YAY!

Raven said...

all of the pictures are absolutely adorable! i just love yall's little glasses!

and i am so very glad that you finally got to see hairspray!! isn't it great?! obviously i love it.. i've seen it 3 times! haha.

i hope you do a great job mothering your little babies! and you should give me a call on your drive to galveston.. maybe we can finally chat it up!

love you honey.. miss you bunches!

Pea Pod Mommy said...

Great pics of Jude! I love the face of "what is this sweet stuff" and "why is everyone looking at me and laughing?".

Education majors are the best!

Janelle and Ella said...

Jude could not be any cuter!!! I love when you put pictures of him on your blog. It makes me very happy. :-)
Love your science glasses. Very cute!