Hey y'all!! I just wanted to thank all of you who prayed for me this past weekend. It was great! And, I've still got energy for the week!
Despite the 3 hour drive to Galveston from Houston (it is normally an hour and a half drive!) everything went great and very smooth. As most of you know I was in charge of child care for the family retreat. Our youth group tried something different this year, and instead of having a retreat for just Jr. High and High Schoolers, we had a family retreat for the whole family. We were all blessed and very encouraged as a staff when about 31 families signed up for the shin dig. We were expecting about 20. Since it was a first time deal, we just weren't to sure how things would span out, but y'all, it was great and SUCH a success.
I am so thankful to the Lambert's (newlyweds of 3 weeks!) and to Jen for helping me out with the child care, I absolutely COULD NOT have done it without them. Giving up a weekend to watch kiddos was a blessing to me because of the help I got and a huge blessing to the parents who were able to spend time with their older children during the worship sessions. So, thank you SO much to my faithful helpers! I appreciate you more than you know.
When we weren't with the children, we were out on the island having a grand ole' time! Saturday during free time, we ate, walked The Strand, and layed by the pool. Of course each night was a late night, simply because when you get 4 girls in a room, you know you are bound to stay up late talking. We're so bad. But, I would never trade the lack of sleep for anything. Girl time is simply priceless.
It was weird to be with the kids and not in the sessions, but I made the most out of it. Just a new experience.
I'll leave you with some fun pictures. No worries, though, I know you are thinking "Shouldn't you have been watching the kids instead of taking pictures?!" Hahahaha. Yes, we should have. But, I just couldn't resist the photo op moments. And besides, we only had a few accidents. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hi Lindsee!
I loved hearing about your retreat and seeing your pictures! You are absolutely adorable!!! I am not kidding... AND... so sweet to take care of kids instead of enjoying the worship!
You are such a blessing and I know I am not the only one to appreciate you!
God is smiling down on you!
Much love,
Angie xoxo
Lindsee,
Oh you are the cutest thing!!
Thank you for stopping by and posting at my blog. I am praying for all of you tonight. I know the Ester study starts. I know God is going to fill Beth and annoint her with the Word. I wish I could be there - maybe one day. Of course I am still so pumped from this weekend.
I love your post about the retreat - I am not sure what was up with the saran wrap - too funny!
You were such a blessing to those parents that were able to worship without distraction - trust me it makes such a difference :)
God bless you!!!
Kim
Thank you for the update! I love all the pics!! It makes me miss your face so much!!
I Love you LKE!! You bless my life!!
I love the pics. As always, you look stunning in every last one of them!
But I do have to say one thing.
I used to think that you ACTUALLY thought that Jude was the most precious kiddo ever. Well Lindsee, now I know the truth. You say that about EVERY BABY!
To be honest, I feel a little betrayed. But I'll keep it from Jude. It's my job to protect him from betrayal and pain, right? I don't want him to feel rejected by "Auntie Linds".
Sad day.
We still love you. You're still our favorite long-legged friend. And we don't say that to everyone!!
:0)
I am coveting your green shirt!! And cracking up over the saran wrapped bedding. That is hilarious! Glad everything went well!
Aww, you are so lucky to do this:)
I start observing in the schools next week, 2 classes.
My friend Debbie, and Joan.
Both amazing teachers. I am so excited:)
You know whats crazy I have been working with kids since I was 17 and the favorite child of mine, little Danny he was 2 at the time, and he is now in 5th grade!
He is just one, but goodness, I cannot believe how much time flies...
I miss my little ones.
Hope you are having a great day girl:)
Ang
As I was reading your blog I remembered that our bedding was saraned also....I think it is supposed to make us feel like they are REALLY CLEAN. Like fresh out of the wrapper clean! I, however, like to wash my bedding when it comes home from the store. Hmmmmm...
Thanks, Lindsee, for taking care of my baby, and for giving up your weekend. God's blessings on your pretty head!
Love,
Dana
your old friend :)
Post a Comment