Sunday, September 16, 2007

El Casa Del Lago

Yesterday, I got to have an unexpected day at the Lake. It was grand!

During Rush Brunch (post soon to come!) I missed 2 phone calls from my lovely bestie Jennifer. I couldn't check my voice mail during brunch but I was dying to know what was going on. Sometimes I get nervous when someone calls me more than once.

As soon as I got in my car you better know that I busted out the phone. When I was confused as to what her voice mail was stating, I called her back. Come to find out, she and the parentals were on their way to their Lake House in Lake Conroe and she wanted me to meet them there! I was so excited I could have peed. You see, Jen was in town this past week for her Aunt Donna's funeral. I was so sad when I knew that even though she was an hour away, I probably wasn't gonna get to see her. This kills me because she lives in Louisiana. So, every chance I get to see her is a time well spent. Anyway, Huntsville is only about 25 miles from Conroe so of course I ran home, changed and headed to the Lake.

The Lake is probably the most relaxing place. It was our youth. We spent so much time there with "the group." Such great memories! The trips there are so few and far between now, so I was excited to spend the day like old times. Just ridin' around in the boat and chillin'.

We had a wonderful time. When I got there we packed up the boat, headed to Pappa's on the Lake for some grub, and then drove around for about 2 hours...no joke. I love the boat. I love going fast. I love the wind in my hair (even though it's a hott mess when I get off!) I love the time spent with one of my favorite families. They are family to me!

All in all I had a wonderful, relaxing and refreshing Saturday! There's nothin' like being with your favorite people on a wonderful fall day, on the lake, in the boat, cruisin' around with no cares in the world. So, thank you Jack, Cheryl, Jen, and MaMa for inviting me. I love y'all!!

Me and my Jen!

Pappa's on the Lake!

Jennifer Dawn enjoying the ride!

Ginormous House #1

Ginormous House #2


4 comments:

connorcolesmom said...

Lindsee Lou,
How cute you and Jen are!!
Is this Jen the newlywed?
Oh yes do get tickets to go to San Antonio so we can all meet and hug and squeal!!
I have 20 rooms at the Rivercenter (across from the venue) if you want one let me know.
My hope is to get all the Siestas in one hotel for one BIG slumber party with God!!
Let me know,
Kim

Angela Baylis said...

Oh, what a great time it looks like you had! I am a "WATER" person!!!! There is nothing quite as relaxing as being around water!

Thank you for sharing!
I want my son to meet you because you are just the sweetest! What a cool story that would be!

Have a good night!
Angie xoxo

Raven said...

oh how fun!! i'm so glad that you got to spend a day on the lake with your bestie! =) i'm sure it was very very relaxing! love you girl!

Janelle and Ella said...

That is so exciting!! I totally know your love for the lake! There's nothing like it.