Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Please Pray!

Hey Folks!

I am writing this short post to ask all who read this to please pray for TRUTH, our college bible study, tonight! I mean, we always could use prayer, but tonight seems to be special. Afshin won't be joining us tonight so our "college pastor", Bert, will be bringing a special word instead.

Tonight our topic is "Who are you dancing with?" and we are performing this skit at TRUTH. The skit alone is enough to move us all, but we want all who come to UNDERSTAND the skit. That what our Jesus did for us, he did for them too. That he has already "overcome this world." That he is on our side and that he took our place. That all the other things we chase after are meaningless. And mostly, that HE is chasing after us. Oh, that we would be free!

The other thing I would ask is that you pray for the TRUTH volunteers (myself included). We need to understand, too, that we are not past this message. That this message pertains to us just like it pertains to everyone else that walks in those doors. I think sometimes we too easily forget that and are so quick to help someone else and not ourselves. If that makes any sense!

Who knows, there may only be ONE person that gets the message tonight, but please join me in praying for that ONE person. But, I do hope we all GET IT!

Thank you, prayer warriors, in advance for praying. I'll update you, no doubt!

Anticipating HIM tonight,

3 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

I'm praying up here in Michigan!!!!!!
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Heather said...

Praying girl! Let us know how it goes!

AbbyLane said...

prayin for ya'll!!

ahh afshin! lol i laugh every time that he is our link in the world (other than blogging)