I have heard Hebrews 11: 6 about a gazillion times, I mean gosh, it was even our theme verse for VBS a couple years ago. It is engraved in my brain. It is memorized. I could repeat it to you a thousand times and tell you what it means. But, do I get it? Do I really get it?
Yesterday at church our pastor talked about this verse and I heard it in an entirely different way, and I am so glad I did! It tells us that without faith it is impossible to please God. Okay, so I just have to have faith and I please Him, right? Well, kind of, or yes I should say. But, the question is, do I really have faith? Am I really trusting Him? A long time ago I heard a definition for faith and it was a Fantastic Adventure In Trusting Him and boy is that ever true! Faith is putting ALL my trust in Him and trusting in nothing else. Oh, but it is so hard! It is so hard to let go of my passions and desires and receive His. Not that it is per say, hard, but I love to think that my way is better than his. It's so hard to lay them all down, in faith, knowing that He will fulfill all my desires and passions in His due time. And that along the way he may even change my heart in certain situations or desires. I can't even comprehend that. But yet again, I do know that He can do more than I could imagine, and when given the choice, I long for His will to be done in my life.
I think this hit home with me yesterday because I have been given the opportunity to trust Him in some areas in my life. He has laid things out there and asked if I will trust Him here or there! It is so hard. But, I know that the ONLY way for me to please Him (And yes, I want to be pleasing in His sight!) is to have faith, to trust Him. There is nothing I can do, no ministry, no giving, no sacrifice that will please Him. ONLY my faith in Him will please Him. So, I will pursue faith. I have been learning so much this semester and one thing that has constantly rung true in my walk is to DAILY lay my desires at His feet. He knows them, yes, but for me to speak them out to Him and lay them down I am giving Him that area. I'm not gonna tell you that I don't pick it right back up, but that is why I say DAILY lay my desires at His feet. I will trust Him, even when it's hard.
I mean let's be honest here, I am about to be a college graduate (in one semester!) so clearly part of my trusting is the future. He's got it all planned out, but I have to trust Him. I don't want to jump in to this job or that job, but I want to follow Him wherever He leads me. Right now, prayer is the only thing I've got on that one.
And the other area, folks, would you like to take a wild guess? Boys. I am loving my single life and love serving Him during this time, but I have GOT to lay my desire for a husband at His feet daily. I have never felt more content than I have this semester, and that has brought me absolute JOY! I love it, but still constantly am thinking about this aspect of my future. Who will He bring? When will He bring him? Will he pursue me? Will he be Godly? Constant questions are daily running through my mind. But then again, I am waiting and trusting, trusting in His divine and perfect plan. So many times I want to take matters into my own hands.
These are two areas that I long to trust Him in and long to be pleasing in His sight! I know for a fact He wants my complete faith and trust. And rightfully so. He deserves my complete trust! Because without faith, it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God.
Oh, Lord. I so long to be pleasing in Your sight. Help me to trust you even when it is so hard at times! I love you and thank you, yet again, for teaching me what it is to trust you!
On another note, I've got to get moving! Since coming home Friday night for good, I've got stuff all over my room and my computer is sitting on the dining room table! I told my Mom it would be moved by this afternoon because she's got her piano students coming any minute now! And, on top of that, my Joanna comes in from Montana today. My heart is ever so happy. I can't wait to hug this girl. I miss her so! Off to the shower I go...then room cleaning here I come!!
4 comments:
Lindsee,
It's interesting that you blogged about hearing scripture in a new and different way from your pastor yesterday. Same thing happened for me and I, too blogged about it. That's what I love about God's Word--that it's alive!! We can experience it in so many ways if we'll just open our hearts to the Holy Spirit.
Have faith, my siesta. God will do HUGE things in your life!!
From a college prof to a soon-to-be college grad.
~Cheryl
Lu.... I love your precious heart. I know that Jesus rewards those who are faithful to Him! Girl, you got a BIG reward coming your way! Holla! Have fun with our Jo. I'm jealous! :) xoxoxoxoxoxo
Jen
Faith is the key to it all isn't it? It seems simple and it is, but can be very scary in our human state of mind. I pray that your faith is increased in HUGE amounts daily in every area of your life.
keep the faith my friend. We walk by faith and not by sight....
Love,
Fran
Faith - we have faith so do we have to get faith?? hmmm - great word my friend!! See you soon and Merry Christms!
Post a Comment