Okay, so I don't personally know them, but, Shane & Shane were at Houston's First Baptist with Bethany Dillon this past Sunday night. You better believe I was there! I wouldn't have missed it for the world. And, not only was it Shane & Shane and all their amazing harmonies, but it was their Christmas Tour. This is two treats in one. They make all christmas songs sound angelic! In all seriousness, though, if you don't know who Shane and Shane are, or have never heard them, please do me a favor and go buy one of their Cd's. I promise you will be blessed. All of their songs are straight out of God's Word. And I literally mean that. They have a whole CD of just Psalms. It's amazing.
I can't tell you how many times I've seen them, but, EVERY time I have seen them I have walked away closer to my Jesus. They long for Him to show up and HE is faithful every time! They are by far my favorite christian artists. And, if you are at all musical, you will great appreciate their harmonies. The Lord has blessed those Godly men tremendously and in return they have blessed me immensely! I can honestly tell you that I have loved every single song on every single album. It's one of those Cd's that I just let play without skipping any song (you know we all do that!) and this goes for every CD they have.
The concert was amazing and of course Greg Matte did not disappoing either. He never does! Bethany Dillon was also just precious, and y'all that girl can sing! I love her!
I am leaving you with a video from that night that someone posted on YouTube. It's of the three of them singing Yearn. I suggest you press play and ask for your Jesus to show up! He was there that night!
6 comments:
Over here in Benbrook TEXAS weeping as I sing Yearn with them. YES, my beautiful God just showed up even through a computer to say to me He hears my heart. He just wants us to deal with the fray of our heart. Do I want peace more than I want HIM? Do I want blessings more than I want HIM? Do I want my friends to respond more than I want HIM? He's saying to me---what is my ruling passion in my heart this Saturday morning...do I demand a level of satisfaction or do I just yearn for HIM? Thank you so much for this post--- for like you---- I don't want anything in the way of just yearning for my beautiful God and rising to live for HIM. My kids have followed Shane & Shane before they were "big" and we LOVE them. And Bethany Dillon---oh my----then add Greg to that---Brooke went to Thursday nights at A&M with Greg. He so brings God to me when I hear him speak. Hey Linds...aren't comments supposed to be like one sentence?? You so got to me with this post----
I so got into that "Yearn" song, I forgot to answer your question. My Beth Moore B.S. just finished Breaking Free and we are starting Stepping Up in January. Psalm of Ascents.
hey linds! I got the invite but i am so sorry i couldn't go! I would have loved it. Keep inviting me to fun things ok? :)
So- i just got an ipod and i am quite excited. I have never heard Shane & shane music so i want to buy some on itunes. what do you reccomend?
Ohhhhh, I love Shane and Shane AND Bethany Dillon!! I'm sure you already listen to David Crowder Band, but if they're ever in Houston, go go go! They're one of my favorite bands :)
hi lindsee...i'm sad that i won't get to see you and your fam over christmas. i think you guys will be in colorado by the time we get to houston - SAD. my favorite coffee shop here in lubbock is owned by shane bernard's brother which is pretty cool.
Just BEAUTIFUL! Thank you Jesus!
Post a Comment