Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Time is Here...

And I am so happy for so many reasons...

1) It means that I am DONE with the Fall semester. I actually finished last Thursday and have been taking it in ever since. I still can't get over the fact that I don't have ONE final to study for. I am completely final free. Don't be jealous, though, I have paid my dues in finals. Now I am just in Huntsville spending time with friends and packing/getting rid of things in my room. It's a process that I so don't enjoy!

2) It means that I get to see precious Christmas Parades in sweet lil' Huntsville, Texas and go through a tour of Bethlehem. Every year the churches in Huntsville get together to put on a "Tour through Bethlehem" It is the neatest thing, and we enjoyed it thoroughly this year. They do such a good job depicting it and it is so real. I loved it.

3) It means that I get to take fun Christmas pictures in front of the HUGE Christmas tree on campus. It is just a sight to see...and so pretty at night! We had a blast for the HOUR that we were there goofing off. I felt like a 5th grader again, but loved every moment.

4) It means that I can have girl nights without having to get up at the butt crack of dawn...and this is enough reason to smile!

5) It means that I am headed to Colorado for Christmas! Hallelujah! My whole family is from there, my parents moved to Texas 22 years ago for a job transfer thinking they'd be back to Colorado after a year. Well, 22 years later, we're still in Texas. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Texas and love that I am from here, but I too, love Colorado. Especially at Christmas because of that blanket of snow! We haven't been there for Christmas in a while, so I am excited. It's fun to be with the whole family, from both sides. A good time is bound to be had and I can't wait!

6) It means that I get to celebrate the birth of my Savior. And that alone is enough to celebrate CHRISTmas!

7) It means that I get to trot along in my daily life and bust out Christmas songs. Oh, what a joy! I love singing Christmas songs. There is just something about them that make em' so darn fun. Maybe it's the fact that you can only sing them one time a year! (Really, I just love to crank up Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas! *GASP* Is that legal?!)

8) And lastly, it means that I have ONE more semester left of my college career. Oh my. I don't know if I should be happy, sad, joyful, anxious, nervous, excited...or what not. But, I love that I am almost a college graduate!

So, that's why I am excited that Christmas time is here. (Sung in true Charlie Brown style!)




















13 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

Congratulations!!! Only one more semester!! I loved seeing your pictures! Now, I must ask... two things:
1). Does the hippo song bug you? ...and the chipmunk song?
2). Where did you get that adorable hat? I want to get it for my daughter!

Enjoy your freedom!
Love you,
Angie xoxo

p.s. Thanks for your sweet comments! :) ;)

Elke said...

Can I just tell you that I will miss you next year semester??? Well I just did and I just love all the pictures of you an dthe girls. Y'all are just too cute!!! Enjoy your freedom....someone has too! Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!!!

Lamb Love,
Elke

Jenny said...

HI! That tree is huge! And you look beautiful! I hope I get a few minutes with you in a few weeks! Love your face!

Given Grace said...

What great pictures...it truly looks like you ARE enjoying your Christmas season.

Keep singing!!!

Fran said...

YEAH! You are free! I am so happy right now for you. You just have a complete blast right now.
Don't stop smiling and enjoy every minute of this Christmas season.

I will too! :)

Unknown said...

I wish I could hang out with you...you all are too much fun!

Raven said...

yay for christmas time! and soon and very soon.. i will be headed your direction and i cannot wait to hang out with you! love you and miss you friend!

Traci Anne said...

You always have the CUTEST pictures!!! Congrats, just one more semester to go!!

Anonymous said...

haha, love the pictures!! And I've never seen snow, so when you go to Colorado, be sure to bring some back for me! ;)

By the way, I think I changed my "display name", so you, or others (me) don't get confused between the other Jaclyn (which by the way is Jaclyn Parker, not me as your links say ;)) and me...I keep looking at Jaclyn's comments and wondering when I wrote them. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I feel blonde now 'cause I just realized I had a picture, so you can tell the difference between commenters...oh well :)

Jackie said...

Ahhhh.... I love the pics!!! I need to send you an e-mail soon!! Been thinking bout it for a few days just haven't stopped to do it! Love ya girl!! let me know when you have a day to do lunch! :)

AbbyLane said...

i just about had a cow because there is a church like 10 minutes down the road that does a "tour through bethlehem" every year and i went this year...so i saw your pictures and for a second thought texas became tennessee...i got to pet a camel too!!! :)

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Linds, that’s a whole lot to be EXCITED about…your good God has so freely given to you. You so honor HIM with your words, your ways, your world. I just think the world of your twenty two years or so…You are His treasure, His treasured Possession---Deut 7: 6-7…you possess such a passion. Have a great weekend….we are at high school HOMECOMING over here. Remember those days???