Friday, December 21, 2007

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas....



I should really be packing, but instead, I am blogging! Way to be productive! As of tomorrow at this time I should be in Winter Wonderland, otherwise known as Colorado! I am just absolutely thrilled and cannot wait. I really am dreaming/praying for a white Christmas! As of right now the chance of snow is 50%, but I am so hoping for 100%!

But, I just couldn't leave without sharing my week with you! It has been just a delightful week. One that has absolutely flown by, and I love that. The main reason it has been just splendid is because my BFF Joanna has been in town from Montana and I have loved having her here every minute. She flew in on Monday and her sweet hubby came in town yesterday! Since her mom was still in school this week, and my mom was still teaching piano lessons this week, it was just us! I have seen her everyday this week. :)

It has been just like the old times. We have been running around good ole' Cypress getting MUCH accomplished. Well really, I have just been her chauffeur all week, but I'm okay with that! We have done our normal spend the night with each other, get up somewhat early, go get breakfast at Panera, then errands here we come! I love it. I especially have loved it this time because I miss my girls SO much. Seriously, having them spread all over the WORLD has been not so fun. (And yes, I can say world because our sweet Sally is in Africa!)

Some highlights have been our sleepover 2 nights in a row (there is nothing like a sleepover with your BFF), running around acting like chickens with our heads cut off, laughing UNCONTROLLABLY with huge tears running down our faces, meeting some girls at Lupe's, eating at Panera and Subway (our normal restaurants), and both of us getting our hair cut. She got 10 inches cut and I got 2 1/2 from my already short hair. We love it, though. A new look is always fun! And of course exchanging our Christmas gifts. She got me a precious bangle bracelet that has Phil. 4:13 on it, and I made a plate with a verse on it to go in her new home! I think she loved it!! :) Now I can't wait to see my other BFF, Jennifer, tomorrow after she and her hubby get in from Louisianna and before I head off to Colorado! It will be a quick hello, but I need it. I need to see my Jen!!

Well, friends, I really am off to packing now! I've gotta get a move on things. I hope you all have a VERY Merry Christmas. Remember that we are celebrating Christ's birth! He was born to die for us. What a gift! I am hoping to return with some snowy pictures, they are too fun! Much love to all of you this wonderful holidy weekend!

My precious neighbor! This was after her Christmas program!

Dinner at Lupe Tortillas!! Absolutely DELICIOUS!


Jo got her haircut, and boy do I mean CUT! The sweet one cut 1o inches off her hair! It's just precious!

This is me going home after spending 2 days/nights at her house!! It was just delightful. Did I have enough stuff?! ;0)

The new hair!!

And now begins the picture taking/present giving process. And let me tell you, it is a process!!





Our gifts! The plate I made her and the bangle bracelet she gave me! I love it!

Our "line leader" wands that her precious mom gave us!

10 comments:

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Dear Line Leaders...you are so precious!!! I just love it how you are so blessed with such beautiful friends like Joanne and Jen. Cause you have given them a huge piece of your heart! And I love Joanne's new hair---need to donate about a foot of my own, some day. And the PLATE, you made that??? It's gorgeous. Wonder what it said? I know it's from your hands and heart! Hope you get a white Christmas---I think you just might! I'll get Brooke for Christmas and show her your blog! It has been such joy to meet you this year. I have been touched deeply by your little life! I love you Linds! Love your passion for your beautiful God, love your huge heart for others! You're a gem! Have a Christ-filled Colorado Christmas!

Angela Baylis said...

You are so cute, Lindsee! I am praying you have a white Christmas, too! I'm so glad you are blessed with so many good girlfriends and you don't take them for granted for one second! Have a great Christmas and take lots of pictures to share with your imaginary friends!!
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Melody said...

I have to agree that there is nothing like a sleepover with your BFF. I miss those so much now that we're all seperated with families of our own.

Your friend's hair looks great short. I hope she donated that hair to Locks of Love or something like that. I did that last October and am thinking about doing it again sometime soon.

I noticed a note you had left at Vicky Beeching's blog and thought I'd come read your blog for a bit. You appear to be a wonderful young woman of God. I'd like to get to know you a little better. I'll be back.

Merry Christmas to you,
~*Melody*~

connorcolesmom said...

Lindsee,
YOu are so darling and you always make me smile :)
I hope you have a WONDERFUL time in Colorado and I have a feeling you will have some snow :)
HAVE a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
GOd bless,
Kim

Jackie said...

Merry christmas sweet girl! Hope it is wonderful for you in that gorgeous place!! Love you!!

Heather said...

Merry Christmas! Hope it was great!

Traci Anne said...

Your pictures are just gorgeous, ALL THE DARN TIME!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Wow - you made that plate???????????? how girl, how???? I am way impressed!!!

Happy New Year!

Little Steps Of Faith said...

tagged you babe:) Come see:) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas....mine was eventful lol.

Holly said...

I pray that you had such a wonderful time in Colorado!! Many blessings to you, Lindsee, filled with the love of Christ!
Much love,
Holly