So, I am totally feeling this "Conversations" post thing. It is becoming somewhat fun!
Today was pretty uneventful saying that sweet Edouard decided to bless us with his presence. I, unfortunately, had to work, but I guess that's OK saying that I love my job. I did, however, constantly think about how comfortable my bed would have been with the rain beating against my window seat. Nothing can beat a good nap when it's raining. It was perfect weather for that, so I sure hope you enjoyed a nap on my behalf. :)
Anyway, after work, since most of the rain had come and gone, I decided I should probably make a trip to the nail salon. I know what you're thinking. Don't judge me. You see, in June I got nails put on for Megan's wedding and since then have kept them up. Normally I only keep them for so long and then have them taken off. (I do have more important things to be paying for, and this is an extra expense I would rather not have!) I actually do enjoy my real nails. I mean, how vain can this post get?!
So, I walked on in and sat down and told the lady that I actually didn't want a refill, but I wanted to take them off.
The conversation went as follows:
Me: "So, I think I am just gonna get my nails soaked off! I really want my nails back!"
Nail Lady (who I still have a hard time understanding): "No, no! You're nails will be so thin. You need another refill. We'll just start over!"
Me: "No really, it's okay. We'll just take them off and paint them so that they don't break when I open my car door."
NL: "Well I don't think I can do that. I think I just need to refill the white and pink."
Me: "So, you're saying we can't just soak them off and paint them?" (Which I have done PLENTY of times before. So I know it's possible!"
NL: "If that's what you want, we'll do it. But it's not as pretty!"
Me: "Yeah, let's just do that! I really don't want nails on anymore!"
Y'all, I was starting to get so tickled to myself. All I kept thinking of was the nail salon video. She even kept telling me the prices of things...and when she told me it wasn't as pretty I about died! She then proceeded to take off my nails, but y'all, she was so rough. At first she was all gentle, then she started throwing the clippers around like I had ruined her day! Not kidding! I felt so bad about clearly ruining her day, but I really just want MY nails back. The end.
So, now I sit here typing with no clicky sound and my heart is content. Me and MY red, short nails are going to be just fine. Pretty or not.
Lindsee
8 comments:
Short red nails are beautiful! And, lets not ask how many of us will be getting our nails done before SA?! At least one (me)!
Love you Linds~
Fran
You crack me up! Nothing wrong with going natural!
Love you,
Dana
Oh my goodness...I'm laughing out loud! This makes me think of so many of my own nail salon adventures. Too funny!
Well you know my thoughts about nails (except that your own nails landed on my toothbrush - can you say "chewy!") Anyway, I love "au natural" and all I could think of was the "nail lady" also!!
Love ya - M
you poor thing with her taking them off roughly!! way to stand your ground--sweetly though! :)
-taylor
My fingers hurt just thinking about her taking them off roughly.... that can hurt! And I was laughing thinking about that video....
I can't stand pushy/rude nail techs! My last one was SO rude and I've boycotted that salon because the time before that, they gave me the worst acrylics EVER. Seriously, THREE of them popped off within 12 hours!!
Anyway. :)
I just had to tell you, I FINALLY found a place in Manhattan that does pink and whites and they're right next to my office... so I'm doing the opposite and getting used to my new clicky nails!
Post a Comment