So, after getting in bed at 1:15ish...I finally fell asleep with my mind going crazy because of all that had just happened.
Right when I fell asleep, my alarm went off. Or better yet, it was my turn to get in the shower. 5:30 ladies. I don't do early that often. But I do it, because I love you.
After we were all ready, we made our trek yet again, to the Alamodome.
I don't even have to tell you that is was NOT a good hair weekend. I mean, my hair is used to humidity, don't get me wrong, but boy oh boy! Saturday my hair was in a ponytail for a reason. :)
Once we got there, we found our seats, then went and said hi to our blog BFF's! Along the way, I lost my earring. Such a tragedy...but y'all...I FOUND IT! Actually, Nikki found it so I am just praying for a sweet blessing poured out on her. :)
The conference started again and I was ready to hear a word, and do a little worship! Y'all, worshipping with you was such a precious thing. I still can't believe most of us were under one roof worshipping together. How awesome!!
Of course, Beth brought it, again. I am going to have to do a whole post on everything that my heart is still pondering. I do know, however, that I walked away more in love with my Jesus! Amen!
During the break I got to hug sweet Bev. Oh y'all, what a sweet blessing she is. That woman speaks like she writes! And encouraging? You've got it. She spoke Isaiah 61 to me right before the break ended, and low and behold what verse did Beth break out? Isaiah 61. Ironic? Absolutely no! I love this lady!
When the conference ended, we made our way to the Siesta Fiesta! I mean, how fun was that? The picture were fun but my favorite part was the Q & A! I was so hoping to hug Beth and Melissa, which didn't happen, but that's okay, because hopefully I can hug their necks at bible study in just a few short weeks. Have I already told you how excited I am already?! Oh yeah, I am stinkin' excited, and praying my heart out too!
Once the Siesta Fiesta was over I had to hug my Shelly goodbye. My heart was so sad! I needed more time. But, since I am moving to Nashville, I guess I'll be seeing her more often. (Side note: moving the Nashville was a complete joke all weekend! I am not moving to Nashville, but you just never know!) ;)
After that, we all headed to eat at some Mexican restaurant on the riverwalk. Don't even asked me what it was called, because I definitely was not paying attention.
I have two things to say about this lunch:
1) The salvation prayer.
2) Fecal matter on the lemons and ecoli.
Jenny, you slay me! And I didn't even mention the back scratcher or the pencil in the trash can. I'll have you know we talked/laughed about that the WHOLE way home.
Once lunch was over we grabbed our stuff, said our goodbyes, which I totally didn't want to do (because you all looked too stinkin' cute in your PJ's) and we headed off to Houston. Oh, the drive y'all. It felt like 3 years getting home.
Once we finally got home you better believe that we headed straight to bed. We were beyond exhausted.
Sunday the girls wanted to go to First Baptist, so I took them! We got there just in time to stand up the whole service. Yes, we did! :) Then after church we had lunch with Jen at Red Robin.
Getting them to the airport was an adventure, but, needless to say, we made it.
Of course, we ended the trip the way we started. I pulled up to the airport and basically kicked them to the curb, gave a quick tight hug to those sweet girls, and waved goodbye. It lasted all of 3 seconds because the airport security was, yet again, ushering us off QUICKLY!
Y'all, I can't even really put into words what this weekend meant to me. Seriously. I know I've just written it out, but I feel like it's just word vomit so I'll remember what even happened this weekend! It was everything I hoped for and MORE! You ladies absolutely CRACK ME UP and you definitely have a part of my heart that no one else has! :) It's one of those things I have such a hard time explaining to people that don't blog. But, I know all of you understand, and that is the pure beauty of blogging. This weekend was just proof of Eph. 3:20...that HE can do truly more than we could ever think or imagine.
Love you ladies like crazy...
Cannot wait till our next get together, whenever that may be!
Picture post coming soon! :)
5 comments:
Oh Lindsee! I am so glad you had such fun and so jealous that I couldn't go! Can't wait to hear more and see pictures!
Love,
Dana
I have been "lurking" on your site for awhile so I feel like I know you all. I was praying all weekend that everything would go perfect. Can't wait to hear more.
I can't wait to hear about what Beth spoke about! I SO wish I was going to get to meet you at Lit, but being 26 took me out of the young woman category and I didn't find out about the other group until too late!! I am still hoping that I get an email that I can go!! :)
Hi Lindsee!
I LOVED meeting you too! You are just precious! I loved your post! I can see your heart! It was an awesome weekend!
I was sad I didn't get to hug everyone too! It was much bigger than I was imagining (not sure why I thought it was going to be like having coffee with Beth and my siestas) How fun that you live in Houston! I know that course is going to be amazing! I wish I could take it! Enjoy!
Have a blessed day! You are so cute! I pray my girls will be as in love with the Lord as you are when they are your age! Such a blessing!
Know you are an awesome girls ministry leader!
God Bless- Emmy : )
That was a great recap!!! I am going to try and do mine tonight...I had a major freak out moment last night with my laptop!! Long story!!
It was soo great to meet you and spend time with you and laugh with you and miss exits with you!! Lol!! It was a great weekend and I cant wait until we do it again!!
Love ya girl!
Nikki
Post a Comment