Since I have so much to say, and so many pictures...I am going to write about the fiesta first, then share the pictures! Okay? Okay.
So Thursday is when it all started. I mean blessed be, my stomach was turning all day as I was so nervous/anxious to just see Abby's sweet face, as I was picking her and her precious roommate up (whom I didn't know yet) at the airport that night. I finally got to the airport (after a few detours...my life story this weekend) and was finally able see them in person and give her a short hug (and Nikki a hug too) as the airport security (or se-curity as I like to say, thank you, Bon Qui Qui) ushered us off fairly quickly. I always wonder if they enjoy their job.
Anyway, we headed to Chick-Fil-A and got a bite to eat and then headed home where we chatted for a while, they met my family (extended family, too) and then went to bed because we knew what the weekend beheld. We needed our beauty sleep.
All night though, we couldn't stop talking about how nervous we were to meet everyone and how excited we were, too. We also couldn't stop talking about the fact that Shelly was indeed getting engaged that weekend and we had no idea when. It was killing us!
We woke up pretty early and got all showered and pretty and thus began our road trip to San Antonio. To say we were excited is a complete understatement! Of course on our way there, we laughed, talked, sang, took picture of our Santa, and you better believe I took them to Buc-ees! I wouldn't let us drive past it and not let them experience the galleria of convenient stores. Upon entering Buc-ees, we decided it would be funny to yell out "Siesta!" and see if anyone responded. Sadly, no one responded. Oh well, we had fun doing it anyway!
Finally, we arrived in San Antonio! AHHH!! We parked our car ($21 later) and then called Shelly to see what room we were in. Oh y'all. If we only knew the hunt we would be on upon our arrival, I am pretty sure we wouldn't have come! J/K. But seriously, Shelly accidentally told us that our room was 1044. Well, the Marriott Riverwalk didn't have a 1044. So, we figured we were at the wrong hotel and went across the street to the Marriott Rivercenter where we then proceeded to knock on 1044 for a good 10 minutes. No answer. We were so confused, so we called Shelly again, and she told us it was 1004. Okay, so we walked over there, and yet again, no answer. Confusion strikes again. Finally, we realized that we were in the correct hotel first, so we went back there and FINALLY found our Shelly! Oh, I was so excited to hug her neck. SO, so fun!
We then got settled in our room, talked, and then Shelly finally revealed her RING to us. What a joyful occasion!! I am so thrilled for you Shelly! In watching you with your man, you encourage me so much to truly wait for God's best for me! And I undoubtedly will. I can't leave out the fact that I also read "the book" to our room in my "teacher voice!" Oh my goodness, Nate did SUCH a good job!
After getting ready, we FINALLY made our way to the Alamodome. Y'all, this is the part in my mind that I keep re-living over and over again. It was so much more than fun to hug everyone's neck including Kim, Fran, Jenny, Lisa, Patty, Amanda, Ang, Cheryl, Teri and SO many more. It was so surreal and I was completely in awe that y'all actually had human bodies, and you don't just exist behind a computer. I kept saying that all night! Probably one of the highlights of the weekend was just this part. I want to do it all over again, with the stomach nerves included, of course.
It was finally time for the conference, and to say that Miss Beth brought it, or was completely on fire, is an understatement, and I know everyone of you would agree with me. I mean goodness, I am still chewing on everything she said. I can't even put it into words. And really, WE are HIS inheritance?! Blows my mind that HE chooses us. I am in awe. Truly.
After the conference Friday night, I also got to hug a few more necks, like Vicki Courtney, who I think is precious, Melanie (Big Mama) and Amy Beth. Precious, precious ladies. And I guess I shouldn't leave Travis out. I mean y'all, the worship?! Can we say amazing. Oh, how I wish I had a better word.
Have you noticed that so far, we had not eaten one meal?! We had some chips, skittles and a Special K bar, so we were STARVING.
Since we walked to the arena that evening, we hitched a ride with the mini van crew back to the hotel.
10 LADIES ALL IN ONE MINI VAN. No joke.
So, where did we all sit? Well, everyone sat in a seat except for me and Abby. Yeah, that's right, we sat in the WAY back. I was just praying that no one would rear end us, because if so, I am pretty sure Abby and I would have met Jesus that night. But, oh, the memory! I will never forget it. We laughed so hard, and Abby even ate an old french fry. SICK!
It was almost 11:00 before we made it to the room, where we finally ordered room service...2 of us shared a hamburger. A $22 stinkin' hamburger. Ridiculous. But yet again, the memories!
We then proceeded to sit on Kim's bed until almost 1 AM! Y'all, we laughed so stinkin' hard, and of course, Kim was as encouraging and precious as always. I do just love her! And I loved sitting on her bed for so long...
But our bed was calling our name, so we finally climbed in it at 1:15ish.
And that is just Friday....
12 comments:
I totally loved meeting you! I was over in Patty's room on Friday night....we totally should have all been in one room. My grilled cheese (off of the kids menu mindo you) was $20.00. YIKES!
Anyway...hopefully we can do this thing again! It was so fun!
And, that was just Friday....
I love that part!! :)
You are no longer imaginary and I can call you one of my new fav's and BFF's.
Love you Lindsee Lou! You are the best. You will keep me young and tell me when I'm acting all old and stuff ok???
Hugs to my homey!
Man I LOVE you my Linds and I am so glad I finally got to meet you in person
I told my hubby that we laughed so hard Friday night that I thought for sure I had broken a rib and that my cheeks were SURELY going to POP - that was so DANG funny!
Nikki "what are ya'll laughin at?"
Cracks me up EVERYTIME!
I LOVE YOU SWEET LINDS!
Kim
Oh my goodness...I certainly missed a lot this weekend:) But girl..God is still so very amazing..you have no clue how ecstatic I was yesterday:)
love you so much, and I will meet you one day:)
Be Blessed girl:)
ang
I wanna meet you too!!!! I am so coveting all of y'alls fun!!!
I already told the hubby that if they do it again there is no WAY I am gonna miss it. I will miss MEALS before I miss another fiesta!!!!!!!
Thanks for the detailed stories - the french fry, Abby, c'mon girl!!! - almost felt like I was there!!!
XOXOXOOXOXO
Becky Jo
It was so great to meet you Saturday. :) What an experience we had!
I'm with Fran...you younger ladies keep me feeling young.
Blessings!
steph.
You are such a beautiful girl, Lindsee and sweeter than I could imagine you'd be! It was so so so nice meeting you and being able to give you a hug! Now I have a real face and a real voice to put with your blog! I'm glad you are no longer just an imaginary friend, but a real one, too!
Love you,
Ang xoxo
Lindsee,
You were precious too. I made the comment to you about your precious yellow shirt, because I have a gray one JUST like it from TJ maxx. I love me some Ross and TJ MAXX, don't you? I felt so fashionable and young that I had one too, because you looked precious in yours.
Anyway, it was great to put a face with a name, name with a face and all that good stuff. I still can't get my weekend into the right words. Words just can't describe all God taught me.
Goodnight from one Heiress to another,
wendy-mom of eleven
I so wish we had been able to spend more time together! :(
HOW STINKIN FUN!
Want to hear more!
It was so great finally seeing you in person Lindsee. I've got to add that you are even more stunning that I thought you'd be!! Talk about drop dead gorgeous, girlfriend. You could be a model!!
Just wish we'd had some more time together!!! Well, there's always next year, right?
Love ya,
~Cheryl
Lindsee from Texas, it was a treat to meet you over the weekend. YOu did an awesome job recapping. I'm still pondering and in awe! IT was a treat to meet so many bloggin' girlfriends. Pop over and say Hey sometime. Blessings girl from another Texan.
Post a Comment