At the moment I am sitting here on the couch as the rain is coming down. Really, it is coming down. It POURED last night, and really, that is an understatement. I love when it rains, but I hate when it rains and I have to drive in it, which is exactly what I had to do last night! At least I had to drive in it to see this girl! We had ourselves a little birthday celebration. We met at Memorial City Mall, a WONDERFUL mall in Houston, and first went to see Mama Mia (which was precious by the way!) and then shared ourselves a pizza at California Pizza Kitchen! Fun times! But, I am kicking myself in the rear because half way there, I realized I forgot her TWO birthday cards and gift. They are so funny, too. Stink! Oh well, just another excuse to see her.
But, before I get ready for a wedding I have tonight, I thought I would share a few highlights from my week with you, and well, a few random things because random posts are the best, and I haven't done one in a while. So, here goes the randomness in list form!
1) The absolute HIGHLIGHT of my week was talking to my Africa BFF, Sally! I FINALLY downloaded skype and the other day she sent me a message that said, "Are you really there?" I flipped out. YES, I WAS THERE! So, we chatted it up. Y'all have to know that I have not even SPOKEN to her since she left, which was November 11th! Yes, we have emailed. But, there is just something about speaking to somebody and hearing their voice. With skype, we can chat AND see each other via web cam! You want to know who else I got to "see", her precious newborn. Y'all, my Sally is a mother of TWO now. Sweet Brennan entered this world, in AFRICA, on July 24th! It is just killing me that I can't just hop on over to her house and love on that sweet child, but that's how it has to be at the moment. It truly did warm my heart, though, to at least see him...and not just in pictures! He even sneezed when we were talking, and I was so happy. Baby sneezes are more than adorable. Go on over to her blog to see more pictures of these CUTE children. Oh, how I love them! I love you, Sally, and was so glad to hear your voice and see your sweet face. Lets not let 8 months go by without talking, ever again! (Little known fact, Sally has tried to call me and has left me voice mails, but I have missed ALL her calls! So, she has tried. We've just never connected!)
But, before I get ready for a wedding I have tonight, I thought I would share a few highlights from my week with you, and well, a few random things because random posts are the best, and I haven't done one in a while. So, here goes the randomness in list form!
1) The absolute HIGHLIGHT of my week was talking to my Africa BFF, Sally! I FINALLY downloaded skype and the other day she sent me a message that said, "Are you really there?" I flipped out. YES, I WAS THERE! So, we chatted it up. Y'all have to know that I have not even SPOKEN to her since she left, which was November 11th! Yes, we have emailed. But, there is just something about speaking to somebody and hearing their voice. With skype, we can chat AND see each other via web cam! You want to know who else I got to "see", her precious newborn. Y'all, my Sally is a mother of TWO now. Sweet Brennan entered this world, in AFRICA, on July 24th! It is just killing me that I can't just hop on over to her house and love on that sweet child, but that's how it has to be at the moment. It truly did warm my heart, though, to at least see him...and not just in pictures! He even sneezed when we were talking, and I was so happy. Baby sneezes are more than adorable. Go on over to her blog to see more pictures of these CUTE children. Oh, how I love them! I love you, Sally, and was so glad to hear your voice and see your sweet face. Lets not let 8 months go by without talking, ever again! (Little known fact, Sally has tried to call me and has left me voice mails, but I have missed ALL her calls! So, she has tried. We've just never connected!)
Skype!
I mean, how many times do you talk to a computer. It was so worth documenting!
2) On Thursday night I had a grand time hanging out with some of the high school girls! We had an absolute ball. We first went to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (which was very cute, and different from the first one for sure) and then headed to Buffalo Wild Wings for some dinner, of all places! They then kept me company at the house that I was house sitting at this week. I am a total chicken when it comes to sleeping somewhere when I am by myself, so I GLADLY welcomed their company! And of course, we watched the Olympics...more particularly, gymnastics and swimming. (Ah hem...Michael Phelps!)
3) Speaking of Michael Phelps...that dude is a dolphin. I know the commercial says otherwise, but I believe he is. Seriously, I can't take my eyes off when he swims and I am always anxious to know if he'll break another world/Olympic record and if he'll win. So far, Michael hasn't let me down. I feel as though when the Olympics are over, I'll have A LOT more free time.
4) One week from today, we will all be hanging out together. Ummm...surreal?! YES. I absolutely CANNOT wait. This Thursday can't come quick enough when I get to pick up sweet Abby from the airport. Woo Hoo! AND, not only that, I get to room with some pretty cool girls. There names are Abby and Shelly! You might know them?! :) We are THRILLED. They've both met each other already, so I am excited to finally meet both of them. AHHH!!!! Okay, calming down. Except that I'll be anything but calm when I actually arrive in San Antonio. My stomach is ALREADY turning.
5) I am so excited, blessed, joyful, and thrilled for Fall Bible Study to start in September. I feel as though it will be such an honor to learn more about the bible under the teachings of Beth, Melissa, and Curt! I am truly grateful for this experience and have already started praying for them and for myself. That I would become LIT! That His word would change me and grow me, and that I would LET it do that. Sometimes I pray for Him to change me, and then sit back when He wants to change me because my pride gets the best of me. Ugh. I hate that! So, I am praying that this semester would give me a desire and love for the Lord and for His Word that I have never experienced before! And, Beth mentioned something on the blog about learning a SONG to the books of the bible, ummm, bring it on sister! I love me a song! :) I CANNOT wait. My heart is so excited! And I do not take this experience for granted...at all!
6) This coming week is going to be nothing short of CRAZY! My aunt, cousin, and grandparents are supposed to get here on Tuesday, because on Friday both my cousin and my little brother are moving up to College Station for their freshman year of college! So exciting, and weird all at the same time. I am SO excited for both of them. It's just weird, because now that I just moved back home, Kev is moving out...so it's just me, myself and I with the parents, until I eventually move out! I've never lived here without another sibling, so it is definitely going to be quiet around here. I know my aunt is ten times more comfortable dropping off her oldest girl at college FROM COLORADO to TEXAS because we are here, and are only an hour away. But, I know it will be hard for her too! Say a prayer for my aunt if you will. I know she would greatly appreciate it. They are driving Cate's car from Colorado, moving her in, then my aunt and grandparents fly back the following Tuesday, childless. :)
7) I JUST got off the phone with sweet Claire! She and her hubby just moved to Missouri for a few months and I have yet to talk to her. It's been like 4 weeks, shame on me! But, we talked for literally an hour and 15 minutes and I was so thrilled. I miss having my Claire around to toot around Houston with. She and I do everything so well together, and I got so use to having her here at the beginning of the summer! But, she'll be back soon enough, so that makes my heart happy! Claire is the one of the best huggers you will ever meet. Probably my favorite person to hug in the USA! I love you, Claire!
8) Well, friends, I am off. I have to get in the shower! We have a wedding tonight! Woo Hoo! I am not actually in this one, so that is nice. A nice break. I have till December 13th, and then I get to put on another bridesmaids dress and I am THRILLED for this wedding!
Love you all so very much. Thanks for listening to my random ramblings! But, hey, I am a true fan of randomness.
8 comments:
Looking forward to seeing you in SA. You're rooming with Shelly and Abby? Oh my, you might just need one of us to chaperon (tee hee). You're going to have a ball.
Let's make sure we connect, okay??
E-mail me (profbaugh@yahoo.com) and I'll send you my cell so we can connect.
Much love,
~Cheryl
oh I SOOOO want to take that LIT class but... I live in ILLINOIS so i cant. BUMMER. are they making the material up or are they using a book that is published to teach the class? if there is a book or study or whatever out there they are using let me know! glad you had such an awesome week!
My favorite # out of the list is #4!!!!!!!
Yes...girls...you better find us ok??? Are y'all doing the pj party at the hotel Saturday night??? I'm flying out Thursday morning at the crack of dawn with Patty on Southwest!! I'd die if Shelly was on that flight.
Big hugs...SEE YOU SOON!
Love,
Fran
I meant Shelly and Abby..on the flight! :)
I had to tell you I just commented on Nancy's blog a week ago, and you told her about " Addison Road" how your favorite song is " What do I know of Holy?" I looked and saw after I commented...You are so my girl:) Love ya, and hope you have fun at the Siesta Fiesta!
P.S- I'll be looking for a plate for you to make soon:)
one comment...
michael phelps is a mammal already.
just thought id point that out.
haha. love you lindsee!
I can't wait to give you a hug! I'll see you in just a few short weeks! LOVE YOU!
ps right after I got off the phone with you I told Russell that my heart was happy :)
Thank you, Marissa! :) I do know what a mammal was...I just didn't have my thinking cap on. All is fixed now! Love you back!
Post a Comment