Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

First of all, Happy Labor Day! I hope your day was extra fabulous, and I sure hope you enjoyed a day off of work. (That is if you work!) I mean, that IS why Labor Day exists. Did you know that? Back in, I think, the 1800's they decided that since everyone was working so hard, they would give them a day off. So really, instead of it being called Labor Day, I think it should be called No Labor Day. You are supposed to take a break from your labor. It is also a day to end the summer. But here in Houston it's hard to believe that summer is over. We are still FEELING the affects in a mighty way. It is HOT. Okay, wow, sorry for the random tangent. But maybe you learned something new from my tangent.

Second of all, sweet Angie asked me if I was sore from Jazzercise. Oh my goodness, y'all. My body is sore from head to toe. No joke! But, I MADE myself get up this morning and go again. Still alive, and still sore as all get out. When will it get better? Plus, can I tell you how RETARDED I look at Jazzercise?! You know you are NOT a dancer, when you can barely get a jazzercise routine down. I mean, all the ladies around me are goin' to town and I'm over here looking like the uncoordinated one that I am. I get more steps wrong than I get right. I am hoping that the more I go, the easier the routines will get. That is how it works, isn't it? Jesus please, make me a graceful jazzercise girl. Thank you!

As for this weekend, it was nice. I did nothing, y'all. Absolutely nothing. Well, okay, I did a few things, but they were all random outings.

On Saturday night I drove to the Woodlands to see the first Jen of the weekend. She was in town from Ft. Worth, so we ate dinner at Lupe Tortillas, MMMMMM, then went to America's to kill some time, where we sat on some way cute bean/egg seats, then went to a movie. Would y'all kill me if I told you I saw House Bunny? Because I did. It did make me laugh, but I'm good now. I don't think I need to see it again! But please, feel free to see it if you so wish.

Sunday after church we ate lunch and I came home and slept for TWO HOURS. I think I was catching up on all of my lost sleep from the previous weekend at Siesta Fiesta. Was anybody else just exhausted all week? I just couldn't shake it. Sunday really helped though, and it was a GOOD nap. I love nothing more than Sunday afternoon naps.

Sunday night at church, Gregg Matte, gave a wonderful sermon, as always. Y'all, please bare with me, I know all of my recent post have been so random and so not "spiritual", but I am pondering/chewing on some things right now and cannot wait to share them with you. The Lord has really been working on my heart and I've been learning so many things I just don't know what to do with them, so at the moment I am just pondering them. So if you don't mind, I am going to keep pondering and then I will share!

After church I hopped on over to my other Jen's house for a nice calm evening! She even fed me dinner. She and Grant aren't far from HFBC, so I was excited to go see them, especially since I was close already. Of course, Jen and I chatted, while we watch National Treasure, and annoyed Grant because of our loudness all at once. We are multitaskers at best.

Today has been VERY low key. We figured we'd be hunkered down all day because of Gustav, but y'all, not one drop of rain has fallen from the sky (at least in this part of Houston) today. Praise the Lord! AND, Gustav lessened in strength, so we are thankful it wasn't a level 3 hurricane that made landfall. We however, are still praying that the levees hold up.

I did make a trip to the oh so precious Willowbrook Mall, and BOY was it crazy. And even though I am going on a spending fast (more on that later...ABBY!) I needed some fall/wintry things since I basically gave away my whole closet about a month ago. I had some luck without spending much money! Woo Hoo!

And currently, I am now hunkered down on a wonderfully comfy chair, watching Jon & Kate Plus 8, and catching up on all your lives. It was indeed a wonderful weekend. I hope yours was wonderful too! And I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday, going back to work. Is it bad to say that I am ready to go back to work? Or even excited? Because I am.

Love you all so very much! Enjoy some pictures from my Saturday night, especially the bean/egg chair pictures. They were so fun and I was WAY excited to be sitting on them. :)







8 comments:

Jaclyn said...

ok...those chairs are so fun. Also, when I recover from childbirth I want to go to Jazzercise with you!!! Is Melissa still teaching?
Also, I am totally gonna call you to watch Grace sometime. She would LOVE it :)
I love you and hope you have a great day!!!

Kelli said...

Those chairs are hilarious!

I LOVE that you are doing Jazzercise! So fun! :)

Ashley said...

Sounds like fun! Oh and those chairs look fun too!

Missy said...

Girl - I was watching National Treasure and John and Kate this weekend too. So fun!

Anonymous said...

Lindsee,
First of all, it blesses my heart that you do jazzercise! Secondly, you were in my dream last night! I can't remember what happend but I woke up thinking I needed to tell you about it! I think I miss you:)

Unknown said...

YES GIRL. i have been holding strong since we got back. well...except for 1 target run...and everything i bought was NEEDED (for real) except 1 item. so i repented, and i'm back on track. i WILL need your accountability though. for real life.

ugggggg billsbillsbillsbills.
love you

ps...i hate you for exercising. not really. i'm going running today. really i am. (fingers crossed.)

Anonymous said...

Somebody please tell me how you could POSSIBLY BE ANY CUTER???

Glad you had a chillin' weekend. And no, you aren't the only one wiped out. I have yet to find my mojo.

Claire said...

oh girl I am giggling thinking of you at jazzercize. It reminded me of when you were visiting us and we went to Body Attack..oh bless that was fun :) I can't wait to see your sweet face!

LOVE YOU!