Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wake Up Weekend

Hello people out in the world wide web! :) (Do you ever stop and just think about that. I mean, our blogs are on the world stinkin' wide web. Anybody can read this! Crazy!)

Anyway, my brain is so scattered because I just got home from a fabulous retreat weekend in Galveston.

This was our 2nd annual family retreat for TSMAC (The Student Ministry at Cypress)and I think it went over well. I mean, when Rock Band is included, anything will go over well. And boy did we have some Rock Band business goin' on this weekend!

Last year, I was in charge of childcare. We provide childcare for the families who have kids younger than Jr. High so that they will actually come! Both sides benefit from this because we get more families, and the families with young kids actually get to come and leave their kids with babysitters while they go to the sessions. Anyway, I did the childcare last year and had an absolute blast. Really! We had a great time.

This year was equally as fun because me and one of our interns got to emcee! I also got to be in the sessions and see what that was like. We had our band that we normally get to do our Florida trip, the Tom Edwards band, who is absolutely fabulous and our speaker was Brian Houseman who travels to speak to families all over the country. He is great, too! All in all the weekend went well, and everything went pretty smooth. However, I am absolutely pooped. These weekends wear me out. I mean, y'all, I'm only 23. I feel like I shouldn't be this tired after a retreat weekend, but, what do ya do! :)

My favorite part of the whole weekend was our trip to Schlitterbahn! I LOVE the original Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels and had yet to be to the new on in Galveston, so I was way excited. Granted, this one isnt' NEAR as big, but it is still a blast. I actually like that it's a little smaller because you actually feel like you can do everything!

Anyway, we went to Schlitterbahn on Saturday and laughed our heads off the whole time. And y'all...I conquered a HUGE fear. I rode the slides that go straight down, the speed slides, Cliffhanger and Rohr! Y'all, my body was going 40 stinkin' miles an hour. By itself. My body doesn't do 40 mph when it's not in a vehicle. Never, in my 23 years of living in Houston have I ever even rode the Texas Free Fall at Splashtown, however, I guess I felt extra dare devilish this weekend as I rode both the rides at Schlitterbahn that are exactly like the free fall, and maybe even a little scarier. I have never been more proud. I even had complete strangers cheering me on, that's how scared I was. Maybe, just maybe I was wearing my emotions on my sleeve yesterday. I don't know, just a guess! :)

One of my friends even took a video and told me he was putting it on You Tube, so I'll let you know when that airs.

Of course, we came home from Schlitterbahn MORE than exhausted. My body felt like jello. But, I had to hop in the shower right away to be ready for dinner that night. There was no stopping for this girl! What is it about water that takes it out of you?

Not only did we have a blast, but the weather was P-E-R-F-E-C-T. Not a cloud in the sky. We prayed so hard that Gustav would back off so that we could at least still do our retreat this weekend. It could have just rained all weekend and we would have been happy people. But, the Lord IS good and made it a beautiful, sunny filled weekend. There were ever times at Schlitterbahn while we were waiting in lines that I got COLD! That's unheard of here in the Texas south. :)

We wrapped up the retreat today, just in time to eat at The Spot on the seawall, which has FABULOUS burgers, and spicy waffle fries. Mmmm. Then we made our trek home where I got home it time to close my eyes for a minute then head to church. (Which was fabulous by the way in the new sanctuary!)

And now that I've finished this post, it is approximately 11:00 and this girl is going to go get some shut eye! Love you all. Hope y'all had a fabulous, beautiful weekend, also!


3 comments:

connorcolesmom said...

Linds,
That sounds like a fun weekend!
I miss you already and your contagious laugh :)
I am thinking when you head to TN I am going to have to come up to see you
Love ya
Kim

Jenny said...

YAY for Schlitterbahn!

love you precious pie.

Dana said...

Yay for the weekend and our Marble Slab run!