Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update, Update, Update

Wow! I am quite the blogger recently, updates galore, I am sure you are thrilled.

I guess when it rains, it pours, though. We still have no electricity at our house, although we had a major cool front come through and the temperature was supposedly 58degrees this morning! Can I get an AMEN?! Sleeping with the windows open has never felt better.

But, we have some amazing friends that have opened up their home for us every night and fed us some glorious home cooked meals. (I feel like I'm in college when I say that!) Sunday night they fed us Spring Creek BBQ, there's nothin' like some good ole' Texas BBQ after a hurricane. Monday night they fed us some home cooked Fajitas, and boy did they hit the spot, and tonight we had Tim's Rib's. Yum. They have been so gracious to us, we owe them so much. They truly are our family. (This is also the family we spend most holidays with. We love them so!)

Anyway, along with all this hurricane business going on, my Great Uncle passed away yesterday in Colorado. He's more than a Great Uncle to us, though, he is more like a 3rd Grandpa. He and his wife, Irene, were never able to have children, so when we came along, they basically adopted us as their grandchildren. Herm, my great uncle, has been sick for a while, but finally passed away yesterday afternoon. It's been tough because they have never been the "church going" people. He did ask to talk to a minister last week, but you just never know. That makes this a little harder. It does make you think about everyone though, and really helps me to be bolder in my faith. Losing someone when you don't know where their going, is not easy.

So, me and my family fly out this weekend (all at separate times because of work and school) to join the rest of our family for the funeral. So, if I haven't asked you to pray for enough, would you mind lifting us up this weekend as we travel? And, that our family would be a light to the rest of the people there that don't know Jesus? We would so appreciate it. I am excited to see my family and spend some time in Colorado, but wish it wasn't under these circumstances. Plus, packing and getting ready to leave when there is no electricity is a little hard.

Y'all are wonderful, and I so hope my posts will be more positive in the coming weeks, but this is our lot right now. I won't be online much, so I hope y'all have a wonderful week and weekend. Think of y'all often and am so grateful for this little community.

So much love your way!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, and of course, will be praying for all you and your family have ahead of you. I am quite confident, my Linds, that your sweet spirit ministered so often to your loved one. That you were specifically one reason he asked to speak to a minister. that he knows the love of Christ today because of you. I ask that God give you a particular peace about your beloved, and that you would know how truly special your life is to those around you. praying for you. much love. n.

connorcolesmom said...

Linds,
I am so thankful for the update
I am praying constantly for you and everyone that has been affected.
Praying for you as you travel to Colorado
May God give you peace, strength, and comfort during this time.
BLessings
kim

Janelle and Ella said...

I am praying for safe travel and that your electricty comes back quickly! I'm so glad y'all are doing well and have been so blessed by your sweet friends.

I am very sorry about your Uncle! Y'all are really going through a lot this week.

Jenny said...

I love you, my Lindsee.

So sad about Uncle Herm.

Give our love to sweet Irene!

<3 jenny dawn

Claire said...

Girl I am SO sorry about Uncle Herm. I know you loved him and Irene like Grandparents. We are praying for your family and your travels. I love you so much sweet girl.

Claire

Jackie said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I will be lifting up your entire family in my prayers.
Have a safe trip there and maybe they'll be electricity when you're home.
(If not you can head to pearland and come stay in my extra room!) :) wouldn't that be a blast!
Love ya sweet girl and maybe when the chaos settles we can get together~!
I'll be praying!

Profbaugh said...

Lindz,

Sorry to hear about your great uncle. I'll keep you and your family in prayer. I hope you can feel the very real comfort of resting in His arms during this time of loss.

Much love,
~Cheryl

Sarah said...

i am so sad that i am missing the family dinners! hug my mom and dad for me.

praying for you guys this weekend.

Kelli said...

Praying for safe travels and for good time with family even though it is tough circumstances.

Missy said...

What a week! Hope things are starting to get back to normal for you.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Linds, I'm so sorry about your Great Uncle. How beautiful that you all honored him so. May God give you His Presence and His Comfort as you face some hard questions. Oh my! Hope your power is restored when you all return. I had a friend from Houston take me to the UT football game tonight---first experience for this AggieSoonerHuskerMom to NOT scream against TU, I mean UT. Love you girl! Praying for you as you go that you may have His Words that will send healing! Psalm 107:20

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

no update in one week---surely you are back up and running by now...hope so...praying for you guys