Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekend Goods

Is tomorrow already Wednesday? Goodness, my days are still so off. I have to remind myself everyday what day it is and what I should be doing at that moment (or that night). I find that to be a bit depressing. Does that mean I'm getting old?!

Kidding. But, I can't believe it's already almost Wednesday and I haven't told you about my awesome weekend. ;) I actually took myself and 3 other ladies up to Arlington for a Sage Conference all about girls ministry. Y'all, it was GOOD. And I am so thankful that I had 3 other sets of ears with me, because if I'd have gone by myself, I would have come back with major word vomit. People would not have been very appreciative. There was only about 75 people at the conference, which made it very nice and intimate! I liked that!

In all seriousness though, it is so nice to hear other people's perspectives and really nice for them to hear the same thing you are hearing, too. I think we all learned a lot, especially about counseling, which is the scariest thing ever, and we got some pretty stinkin' cute, ideas, too. I definitely came back more excited about Girls Ministry than I've ever been, so I figure that's a good thing.

It was nice having Dana along, because she was our human GPS all weekend. I am the queen (or maybe that's my mom) of getting lost in unfamiliar places, and maps really do no good for me, so it was nice that she was able to tote us around and know what she was doing. However, I think I was fired from the front seat map girl because I was no help to her. But, that's what happens when you give me a map with no written directions. Mass confusion takes place.

Of course, MAJOR laughing took place and that makes every trip about 189 gazillion times better, so that was fun.

But more than anything this weekend, I realized how truly blessed I am to have such a wonderful support group of people who have my back. Y'all, I have got some support. I mean, when someone says your name and position and excited screaming quickly follows, you know you've got your back covered. These ladies have been nothing short of amazing in encouraging me and helping me out and I am forever thankful. So, thank you, sweet, old friends. I appreciate more than you know. And YOU know who YOU are. :)

Monday I was able to meet with a group of ladies that are helping out at the retreat, which made everything ten times more real (no pun intended) and I am so excited. I delegated jobs, and they are taking them and running with them. Thankful, yet again. And really growing in my delegating abilities. Because being the perfectionist that I am , I want to do everything myself. Delegate isn't in my daily vocabulary. We're working on this.

Today both of my bosses left for a conference in Atlanta, so it will be a very quiet rest of the week. Of course, I will get a ton of things done while their gone, but will be ready for them to be back next week, because when their gone, it really is kind of boring at times! We tend to entertain each other. And of course, tomorrow night you can find me running around like a chicken with my head cut off making sure both programs are going as planned. It WILL go as planned, though. No worries. :)

And last but most certainly not least, tonight was bible study, which was amazing. Y'all, the things I am learning are things I would have never learned in a million years, even growing up in church, but am just loving it. However, you'll have to wait till tomorrow for a full update on bible study, because I have far too much to say about it, and frankly, I've rambled on long enough for tonight. Plus, I do realize that I haven't written much about it, and some of you have been asking how it's going, so I'll fill you in on all the gory details tomorrow. You know, because they are so gory.

Well, folks, I'm out like a light!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I miss you.

Can't wait to hear about Bible study!!

<3 love you darling

Kelli said...

I am so glad that you learned so much at the conference and had a blast!

I can't wait to hear about BS!

OH and I constantly ask what day it is! I blame it on ANYTHING but getting old! :)

Janelle and Ella said...

Glad you had a great trip to Arlington!! One day, Lindsee, we will be able to meet up. I'm not giving up hope. :-)

Patty said...

I can't wait to hear about Bible study!
Have a great rest of the week, it's almost the weekend!!
Love,
Patty