Except that I'm totally kidding. Well really, we did discuss it for all of 5 minutes and then we moved on, but basically we were talking about Amos 4:1 where the "cows of Bashan" are referenced, and we were trying to figure out what the heck the "cows of Bashan" were. It was very interesting! And needless to say, I learned something. References like this are the references that we really do have to take apart and study, because as "random" as these may seem, there is NO random in the bible, everything means something!
However, if someone asked what I learned tonight at bible study, I would just tell them I learned about the "cows of Bashan!" Kidding. Just a joke for Beth and Melissa. (Who will never read this, so really, just a joke for me!) Okay, wow, moving on.
So, I have totally been M.I.A this past week because I have been goin' ninety to nothin'! And, really, I've had to process all y'alls comments about my ring. Good gosh y'all came through, and every single input highly entertained me. It was the talk at my house for the week, that's for sure! Did y'all know that your opinions are split half and half?! Interesting, huh! I didn't plan on y'all taking that post that seriously, but y'all did! So, for a conclusion so I don't leave y'all hanging...I am going to leave the ring on. At least for right now. I promise I will explain why, but that will have to come at a later time, as it would take up too much room right now, and I feel it is more important to tell you about my weekend. At least you know I'm going to leave it on, but please don't hate me.
Anyway, this past weekend was definitely a whirlwind of fun, but definitely exhausting.
Friday after work I packed up and headed to Huntsville. It had been too long since I'd been there, let alone seen my precious Hannah. When I got there, I met her at a friends house where she was watching a movie with some other people, so I came inside, but instead of us watching the movie we just talked. SO, instead of being rude and making everyone hate us, we left and went to Subway to catch up, and eat some dinner. It was delightful.
I love Hannah, because both she and I are so similar. I mean y'all, I haven't seen her since probably June and when I saw her this weekend, it was like we hadn't skipped a beat. We both do much better talking in person than on the phone, and I love that about us. I love that it isn't awkward AT ALL when I see her only every 6 months. (I mean, it's not that bad, but I like to exaggerate!)
We had a fabulous time chatting (about everything), catching up, laughing, watching Princess Diaries, sleeping and just being us. I love her and miss her so very much!
Saturday, we got up, got dressed and met Megan (our newest newlywed) at none other than The Farmhouse for lunch. It was packed, but we stayed and all ordered the same thing. Bless that blue plate special. Unfortunately, Megan and I live about 10 minutes from each other in Houston, and haven't found the time to meet up, but that will end soon, because we WILL have a date soon! It was great hearing about her class though, and just catching up!
Just for the record, Megan told me to post this picture. So true to promise, I did. Notice our awkward mint situation! We all had mints in our mouth and didn't know what to do. We finally ended up holding them for pictures. Gross.
Soon after lunch, I left Huntsville and drove back to Houston to help Jen out at a wedding that HCC (Houston Children's Chorus) was singing in. The wedding was GORGEOUS in every sense of the word. Not only were the bride and all the bridesmaids drop dead gorgeous, but everyone that was simply attending the wedding had this beautiful look about them. We deemed it the "Beautiful People Wedding!" While there, we also got to see our Amy who has lost 67 pounds and is stinkin' gorgeous herself. Jen and I are so proud of our Amy!
After the wedding, we bugged Grant for a bit at the apartment, then enjoyed some Chili’s for dinner along with some wonderful conversation. I love my Jen. (Now if only I could have dinner with my Jo and Sal, my life would be complete! I miss them more than they know!) I then got home close to 11 and crashed. I was so tired.
Sunday was also a long day! After a leadership meeting in the morning, then church, I went to lunch with some of the girls, helped Kev deal with his car issues before he drove back to College Station, and then headed to my 2:42 small group. By the time I got there my eyes felt heavier than an elephant. They wanted to close so bad. But, alas, I made it through small group, teaching even, then went home and crashed again!
Y'all, I finally figured out why I was so tired this weekend. Well, first off, I just plain wasn't getting enough sleep, and secondly, my allergies and sinuses are OUT OF CONTROL! When my head is stuffed to the brim, and my eyes look like I've been crying for 10 hours straight, we know we have a problem. Plus, now my nose is getting all raw from blowing it so much. As much as I love fall in Houston because of the beautiful weather it brings, I absolutely hate it at the same time because of the misery it brings.
Well, friends, that’s all for me. I love you all dearly, whether I know you or not and am so thrilled you stopped by! Just for the record, if you visit often and have never commented, say hello and let me know! I would love to “meet” you!
Huge hugs,
6 comments:
still need to get together with you...when are you in your office?
also, check this out:
http://thelourceys.blogspot.com/2008/01/nose-bidet.html
a bit gross, but apparently effective....worth the try, no?
I was tired after reading about your weekend... then inspired to pull out my copy of The Princess Diaries!
i miss yall SO much.
and that blue plate special...
lindsee is so pretty :)
Girl..you kill me with all that you do in a weekend. :)
And, who knew the ring would be such a hot topic!!
Have a great week!
I love ya,
Fran
Well, I had a blast seeing you! Let's have that date real soon, ma'am!! Love you! Have an awesome weekend!! :)
Post a Comment