Tuesday, October 28, 2008

None But Jesus

The past 2 weeks at bible study, we have done a little worship before we dig into the Word. At any other given Tuesday Night Bible Study, worship would happen at the beginning, no doubt. But, as I have said over and over, this study is so different from any other Tuesday Night Bible Study. Much more intimate and small.

However, there is a girl in our class, who, the past two weeks, has done a great job at leading us in a few songs. Beautiful voice, she has, and quite talented.

Tonight we started out by singing None But Jesus by Christy Nockels. If you were to look at my iTunes play list count of this song, you would think my obsession with this song has reached the point of counseling. Needless to say, this song is plum worn out on my iPod and iTunes play list. It is an absolute favorite of mine. (However, I am one of those people who loves a song so much that I listen to it over, and over, and over until I am just tired of it, and then I move on to my next song obsession. There always is another song, though. The Lord has never left me empty handed on this one. He knows my love of music and how it touches my heart!) :)

Anyway, you could imagine my joy upon hearing the first few chords tonight and being so excited to sing this particular song.

Tonight, though, my joy was a little more present.

You see, this semester I have tried to sit as close as possible to the front. For being the people watcher that I am, sitting up close really helps me because I don’t get so distracted. Plus, I just can! There aren’t thousands of ladies running for a front seat, so it’s nice just strolling in, and taking a seat in the front without 3,000 other ladies walking swiftly to it. (It is a sight to see, though, y’all! Not saying it’s bad, just a sight to see!)

Anyway, tonight I got there just in time to take my front seat, sit down, get situated, and then we started worship. There happened to be an empty seat right next to me, so Beth came and sat there as we sang None But Jesus. I know it’s not a big deal at all, just a sweet memory I will cherish.

As we sang None But Jesus together and I was sitting next to someone whom I greatly admire and respect, and who truly led me to fall in love with Jesus, it was everything in me not to lean over to her and whisper in her ear, “Thank you for leading me to Jesus. Thank you for loving Him so much that it is contagious and I have never wanted him more and He truly is IT! There is none but Him. And ALL my delight is in Him!”

Of course, I didn’t, because frankly that would have been weird for me, so I just whispered a little prayer in my heart of thankfulness.

Y’all, all my delight is in Him, because frankly right now, there is just nothing else for me to delight in. I take pleasure in Him. I am very fond of Him. He has my heart, and He fights for me and I find that so romantic.

Needless to say, it is a memory I will cherish in my heart forever, truly worshipping with one of the ladies who has taught me time and time again that there is no one but Jesus.

Recently I have just had it on my heart that I want to be that person. I want to be someone that when you encounter me, you want more Jesus. Not for my namesake, but for His namesake. That people would see my good works and praise my father in Heaven (Matth. 5:16). That people would see His spirit in me.

That I would be the stinkin’ real deal on the blog AND in the real world. Y’all, it is so easy to be “Godly” on the blog, so easy. But I want to be just in love with Jesus and just as Godly in the real world as I “seem“ to be on the blog. I want to be this to my family, to my friends, to my sweet girls I serve, to my coworkers. I want people to see Jesus in me when they meet me. That they would walk away and say, “She’s the real deal!”

I want people to know that there is no one but our sweet Jesus who loves us so and fights for us (Joshua 23:10)! That He is life.

This is hard, y’all. It takes work, and in my opinion an extra dose of the spirit. But, oh, how He wants it, too. He desires for us to be the “real deal!” He desires for us to delight in Him. And I am convinced that if we ask Him for an extra dose of the spirit to be “Jesus with skin on” to the people we encounter, He will bless that.

I love some of the definitions for the word delight: a feeling of extreme pleasure or satisfaction, something or someone that provides a source of happiness, to enjoy. (Thank you, www.bible.com)

My prayer for all of us is that we would find extreme pleasure in Him, that He would be our ultimate source of happiness. That all our delight would be in Him and that we would realize there truly is none by Jesus!

I love y'all and hope you have a fabulous Wednesday! Huge hugs your way!

8 comments:

beckyjomama said...

Oh, Girl, this is such a beautiful post. Your heart for GOd is always present, but this one is something special. I absolutely love that song. And I mean L.O.V.E. it!!!!!

PS - I think I might've tinkled in my drawers if Beth came and sat next to me. Props to you for keeping it real!

Fran said...

Ok Lindsee, this might be my favorite post of all time. This is in my heart. IN MY HEART. Its been all over me lately.

Keep it real Linds. There is nothing harder, but nothing sweeter.

Love ya dearly!
Hugs,
Fran

Jaclyn said...

ok...i adore you and this post is just beautiful. I have loved that song too, but you just inspired me to purchase it on itunes. Seriously, I just bought it.
I love you and you always teach me so much!!

Jenny said...

My best friend sure is a wise woman :)

I love you with my whole heart.

Janelle and Ella said...

You are that person! Everything about your blog seeps with love! We see it.
I'm so glad you got that opportunity to worship beside Beth.

ocean mommy said...

OH Lindsay! This moved me to tears. You are such a beautiful young woman who radiates Jesus from every pore of your being. (and I can say that since I've met you in person!)

Loved this post!

Hugs...
steph.
(and i bet if you had leaned over and said that to Beth..she would have been in tears too.)

Dana said...

Linds,
You have me in tears this morning! This is my heart as well but I know that I don't always exude Him. You are the real deal girl! AND I am so glad that you got to thank Beth, even if it was in your heart. I have had the chance to thank her and it was priceless. If you get another chance, I say go for it!
Love ya!

twinkle said...

Sweet. You encouraged me to share that song on my blog. I stood by Beth at the Patriarch's taping while we were all singing Shout To The Lord.
One word.
Tears.