Thursday, January 29, 2009

An Exciting (Yet Exhausting) Week

Well, it has certainly been a very busy week, which is clearly apparent in my lack of blogging.

First off, let me say "Thank You" so much to those of you who prayed for the Jr. High retreat this weekend. It was great, and behold, I had TONS of energy. Really, I did! Granted, it was only one night, but those one nighters can certainly do you in. Especially when the bed time is late, and the alarm clock goes off early. Needless to say, I had a great time with my group, the 8th grade girls, and maybe sometime I can tell you about all the hilarious questions they asked me and conversations we had. It was a good time had by all!

That night after the retreat I headed on over to a friends house to see my sweet Lauri. Lauri is a missionary with Pioneers and is in town this week for our Missions Conference. It has been so good getting to catch up with her. If you'll remember way back one, she is one of the ones I mentioned who had a huge impact in my getting this job. To say I love her to pieces is an understatement. She challenges me and encourages me like no other!

Saturday night after getting home from all the festivities, I went to bed way too unbelievably late after being up way to late the night before, and knowing that my alarm would be going off way too early, yet again, Sunday morning.

Sunday kicked off the Missions week and it was a great morning. The day was pretty calm after that. Went to my small group with the Junior girls, and then, of course headed to church that night.

Monday is where I really start kicking myself in the rear. You see, for a while now I have wanted to start a Girl's Bible Study once a month, and decided last December that I would start it this January. So, I picked the date for Jr. High and for High School, put it on the calendar, and moved on with life. That was until I realized that I scheduled both bible studies for THIS WEEK. Y'all, I do not know what I was thinking. However, I had my first one Monday night with the High School girls, and it went great! I was able to prepare all day Monday, which was good and I was not nearly as stressed as I thought I would be. Next time, though, I will undoubtedly have better planning skills. I will not be planning bible study right after retreat or during a busy week at church. Never again.

Girl's Bible Study for Jr. High is this Friday, and I'm not so stressed, just ready for it to be here. They seem really excited about it, though, which thrills my little heart and makes me more excited about it! Even though the girl's expressed interest in it, you just never know if anyone will show up for the first one. Alas, the high school girl's did, so I am guessing the Jr. High girls will, too.

Tuesday night was our third night of "The Inheritance" bible study, and y'all, it is so good. I think of all of y'all so often because, at least the first two nights, were very similar to LPL in San Antonio. Good stuff, right? You'll be happy to know they are taping it, so my assumption is that something will come of it. Probably not anytime terribly soon, but still get excited.

Yesterday, I had a very eventful day from morning till midnight. It started with the weekly student ministry meeting at Starbucks (It does us all some good!), then I met up with Lauri and Allison for some Mexican food. Y'all already know my love for Lauri, but do you know my love for Allison? She is beyond adorable, y'all, and the wife of our new Missions Pastor, who ironically used to be the youth pastor here. I have so enjoyed having them back. Allison and I have tried to hook up for quite some time now, and it finally worked out. I am hoping, however, that doesn't end once Lauri is gone, even though we will miss her.

Of course after lunch I went back to work, than it was time for Wednesday night. I hopped back and forth from high school, to the ladies mission's dinner. After all of that was said and done, a few of us, including Lauri, Allison, Sally, Docia, Christina, and Michelle all went to TGI Friday's and enjoyed a few laughs. It was such a fun night. However, I got home close to midnight, and as if I wasn't already exhausted from the whole week, my body absolutely collapsed.

Needless to say, I slept in today. For a long time. Longer than normal. And I think it was very needed.

At first it was hard getting used to having Thursday's off (because Sunday's are a work day) but I have gotten really used to it now.

So, here I am, in my pajamas after just finishing a bowl of cereal, of which I could eat for every meal. I have a few things on my to do list today, one of which is tackling my room again. There isn't much to "tackle", but I have a few more piles of things I'd like to go through to get rid of. Have I mentioned that I love de-cluttering? Oh, because I do.

I'll leave you with a picture of me and Lisa, The Preacher's Wife, from Girl's Night out last Thursday. I love this lady and this picture. I, however, completely stole hers because I like it better than mine.
And lastly, a picture of me, Claire and Lauri last Saturday at the open house. Love these girls! (And please, remember I came straight from the retreat. I was looking a little tired!)

Have a great Thursday, y'all!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Your tired happens to look quite beautiful, Lindsee!

You know you are beautiful, right?

'Cause you are!

Praying for rest and recovery for your entire frame.

Love,
Holly

Jackie said...

you live one BUSY and EXCITING life! whew...if I only did half as much as you did! LOL!
Praying much for tomorrow Bible study! can't wait to hear how it goes!
Hope you have a wonderful (restful) weekend. B/c girl, you looked SOOOO tired on Tuesday and I know you haven't slowed down since then!
Praying for ya! love you!!

Missy said...

Glad you got to sleep in and enjoy some down time. You need it after that crazy week!

Deidre said...

You do not look tired at all. I, on the other hand am tired after reading all you've done this week. Wow! You need some rest!

I'm curious ... the bible studies you are doing for the high school/junior high girls ... are those weekly studies or just a one time event. (I teach high school girls SS and have the junior high on Wednesday night).

connorcolesmom said...

Fun times
and let me tell you everytime I click on your blog I start singing "lindsee lou I love you"
I know totally corny but it happens every time
maybe b/c I do love you sweet girl!!
Have a great weekend!
Kim

Angela Baylis said...

Whew... what a busy week!! I SO wish I were sitting next to you at Bible study! I love the picture of you and Lisa!
Have a good weekend!
Love,
Angie xoxo