Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Journey Is For His Glory

I don’t want this post to be in vain. And I surely don’t want my life to be lived in vain.

My prayer is that my life would give the utmost Glory and credit to our Mighty God. Because frankly, He deserves and demands, mind you, every bit of it. Whether we like it or not, when all is said and done, HE WILL get the Glory.

With that said, I simply cannot hold back any longer.

My heart is bursting with such a love for Him and His ways that I can’t not tell you.

This is my heart for all to see.

You see, I know I talk about my life as a single girl on here a lot. But, to be completely honest, sometimes I feel guilty talking about it. Because honestly, the last thing I want anybody to think is that I am looking for a pity party, or for people to think that I think that once I get married, I will be the most content, happy go lucky girl on earth. I know that is not true. I know it is far from the truth, because I know that the only person that will satisfy both me and you completely will be my Jesus. I’m not saying I always live that out, but I strive to live that out.

And, on top of that, I don’t want y’all to ever get the idea that I am complaining about where the Lord has me now. Please here me out, I would not want to be doing anything else right now than serving Him. It has been the biggest blast, honor and joy. I love it.

The truth is, however, is that I have a desire to be married. (And of course start a family!) Not a desire to date around here and there, or kiss lots of boys, but a desire to be married. And I don’t think that is so wrong.

At 23 years of age I don’t think the Lord has called me to give up that desire or dream quite yet. I’m pretty confident He is telling me to wait. Wait on Him. His timing. And His perfect plan (and man!) for me.

I have not a fat clue when this desire might come to pass. It could be this year, or it could be 13 years from now. However, I know that when the time comes, He is going to blow me away and give me more than I could ever imagine. He is going to give me His best, which I completely don’t deserve. And He is going to prove Himself faithful, yet again. (As if He ever had to do it in the first place!) And that my friends, is a promise. Only God.

There are countless times the enemy tries to use my story against me. He likes to whisper in my ear that clearly something is very wrong with me because at my age, a boy has never even asked me on a date. Let alone liked me. Or kissed me. Or pursued me. Or chosen me. And to be honest, sometimes I entertain that thought, and too wonder what could possibly be wrong with me?

But, now more than ever I have been able to combat that lie with the Truth of His mighty word. A boy does not make me who I am. He does not complete me. And even better, the Lord has chosen me, and pursued me, and loved me with an everlasting love.

I still don’t know why the Lord has chosen to hold back on this one area of my life. Yes, I know I am still a young 23, but y’all have to remember that more of my friends are married than not and are starting families. The enemy tries to use that against me, too.

The only thing I can think of to answer my question as to why He has held back, is because He keeps reminding of His Glory.

His ways are not my ways. Nor his thoughts my thoughts.

God is the only answer I have. And boy oh boy have we wrestled this one to the ground.

When my story is played out in conjunction with His, He will get the Glory and He knows that. Whether I like it or not.

When I look back on this time in my life, I want to be found faithful to Him, just like He has been faithful to me. I want to look back and know that I Believed God!

Ultimately, He will be Glorified in my (very future) marriage because He is the only one that could pull it off. And as much as I would love to do it my own way, and try and find my own man, I would much rather have it His way.

Right now He has called me to wait. And wait I will, while serving Him. However, my heart has to believe that He is up to something far greater than I could ever imagine. And I’m okay with that, because I’m sure His dreams and desires for me far outweigh what I have conjured up in my mind.

All I know is I am on a wild journey and I love it. This desire just happens to be apart of the journey, and I can’t deny it. It is there. To try and stuff it down, deny it, and never bring it up would likely kill me, and really deny the fact that He is working in my life. Just like most of you can’t deny the fact that He is working in your lives in completely different ways. He has a story for Lindsee Eddy, for me, unique, that won’t look like anybody else’s, and I am so game for that. If we all had the same story, if we all wanted to be someone else, think about how boring this world would be.

So, as I write about my single hood on here, and the crazy (and sometimes emotional) ride that it is, know that I can’t not talk about it. It is who I am. I believe it’s apart of the story God is writing. One that I can’t write myself. (But one that I have wanted to write myself at times, because I think it would have been easier!)

However, He will not share His Glory with another. Amen!

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21

“However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him” but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.” 1 Corinthians 2:9-11

15 comments:

Jenny said...

I am so proud of you. And just like we discussed the other night... the only possible explanation to your "singleness" is that Jesus has something HUGE waiting for you in the wings. I can't wait to find out all about it :)

Your future hubby has NO IDEA what is coming for him. The Lord saved His very best for that man as well! His Lindsee is coming and I know he is praying for you too.

Love you forever

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... this post resonates with me SO MUCH. I, like you, desire to be faithful in this current season of life. I lifted you up to Dad & prayed that HE would fill you up in a way that only the King of Kings can!

Melissa said...

I can't imagine that no boy has ever liked you...they've probably been too afraid to ask you out. You are an extremely wise 23 year old. I wish I'd learned those lessons early in life, rather than looking for true love wherever I could think to find it. Many of my friends were married before me (I got married at 25), but when I look at the man God gave me I am so very, very glad I waited.

He's got big things in store for you. I know I've just started reading your blog, but your ministry to those girls is so important & the way you are handling yourself in this time of singleness has GOT to be a powerful testimony to them!

debra parker said...

I have tears streaming down my cheeks for the beauty that your story is. It may not seem or feel beautiful to you. God is working a most amazing "meet que" for you.

In so many ways our stories are different but our God is the very same. He journeys us on paths that are not always the easiest but always accomplish his goal- a deeper relationship with him.

May we encourage one another for the more than we could imagine moments. He is faithful. He is love.

Deidre said...

Colossians 2:10, Lindsee! You are also COMPLETE IN HIM! I love that verse.

And, I love this post.

Angela Baylis said...

You are HIS beautiful Bride, Lindsee and you constantly give Him ALL of the glory! Whoever God chooses for you will be one Blessed man! You are such an inspiration to this 40 something mom!
Love you so much,
Angie

Holly said...

You know what God impressed on my heart, as I read, Lindsee? He impressed that the miracle is that He has held any-one-person off so that you will be completely set apart for the one He has chosen for you.

Because, you are beautiful. You are fun and just such a blast!

There is only one reason why you have been in your position. Almighty God has hedged you round about on every side and guarded your path with distinction.

I cannot wait to see the wonderful journey He has for you, dear one.

You are loved!
Holly

Jackie said...

Your heart is so pure and so tender before Him. I love that. I love that you talk about your single-ness, the reality that it is, and the desire that it is. Because that is the season you are in, the season God is allowing you to be in, to do His work, in His time.

It's that waiting that gets to us in the moments of our weakness. The waiting, the trusting, the faith! But that He grows us through it is only by His design. He's totally got you where He wants you and if you were not in the exact circumstance that you are right now, you would not be able to pour into those that you are pouring into right now, He knows. He knows...and we wait. But in our waiting we have HOPE. Hope of bigger plans, of greater things, and a hope that we KNOW that we are carrying out His plans for us. We couldn't ask for more than to be living the life He's called us to.

Keep doing your thing sweet one, keep dreaming, keep longing, and keep taking it back to Jesus. He is the author and perfector of all things. He who began a good work in you will carry it through to completion. No questions there, it's a promise. So hang on to it and call on it!

He loves you so (and so do I) you are PRECIOUS! See you Tuesday! :)

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Linds,

If I didn't love you like crazy already then consider me totally and thoroughly smitten now.

Sweet girl, the Word tells us the Lord causes us to will and to act according to His good pleasure and it is obvious that you are seeking what He wants for your life. If the desire for husband and family is there after you've sought Jesus first - as you certainly have - then I believe with all my heart He will fulfill those other desires that remain. You are wise beyond your years in knowing there is one man out there that God has chosen for you - one of his PRIZED, FAIR daugters - that will honor you in the way you deserve. Truly, I quality of man God wants for you is a rare jewel and just a little hard to find. But when you do? Girl, YOU ARE GOING TO KNOW HIM!

In the meantime, I pray everyday my little girl grows up JUST LIKE YOU. And I mean that from the depths, darlin'.

I was blessed to read your heart this morning. :))

Toknowhim said...

Keep telling your story sweet one...I am sure you have encouraged so many along the way. You have encouraged me by the way you love God, and how you are waiting on Him, even when it is hard :)

Toknowhim said...

Keep telling your story sweet one...I am sure you have encouraged so many along the way. You have encouraged me by the way you love God, and how you are waiting on Him, even when it is hard :)

Missy said...

I love your heart and your transparency. I remember being exactly where you are! God is good and He will be faithful to reveal His plan to you in His time. Keep trusting Him and allowing Him to be glorified in this time in your life. You're amazing!

Fran said...

You go Lindsee Lou!!! I'm so proud of you! Such big things are in store for you. Our God is FOR you!!!

I love ya,
Fran,
And, my security word is "bling."
Made me smile.

Anonymous said...

I love this line: "My heart has to believe that He is up to something far greater than I could ever imagine. And I’m okay with that, because I’m sure His dreams and desires for me far outweigh what I have conjured up in my mind."

YES, GIRL!

I found myself in graduate school at the age of 23 having broken off a four-year relationship the previous year with the man that I was just CERTAIN was God's pick for me. My first semester of grad school, God impressed on me to begin praying for the man who would becoming my husband one day, and so I drew a picture (okay, it was a stick figure, I'm no artist) and labeled it "My Awesome Man of God". I drew arrows to the various parts of the stick man with specific prayers for him (an arrow to his head with the words "I pray that he has the mind of Christ" to his heart with the words "I pray that he will guard his heart, the wellspring of life"). You get the idea. Then I put it in a beautiful frame beside my bed where I was reminded each morning and evening to pray for a man I hadn't even met.

The Lord finally brought him into my life a couple of years later, and we were marrried a month after I turned 28.

By the time I married, nearly all my friends had been moms for several years, but God had shaped my character during the long wait in ways I would not have traded for anything.

He is saving His best for you, and I can't wait to read your story as it unfolds!

Janelle and Ella said...

You are a very wise 23 year old. I remember that STRONG desire to be married. It overwhelmed me at times and I certainly did not have the same Godly attitude that you do. I started to get a little bitter that my timing had not come when all of my friends timing had. But, like you said, the Lord has perfect time and will deliver that man when His timing is right. And for now, I will pray that you will continue to have strength while you wait. Do you know the song Everlasting God by Chris Tomlin? I'm sure you do. That was probably a stupid question. Anyway, it is one of my favorite songs. I LOVE the first part where it says, "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord." I certainly have and am having to rely on that promise! Love you!