Thursday, January 22, 2009

Girl's Night Out

Most of you, I would assume, are familiar with Proverbs 31 Ministries and Lysa Terkeurst. In all actuality, you are probably way more familiar with it than me because I clearly am lacking in the wife and motherhood aspect of who Proverbs 31 Ministries primarily serves. However, I am grateful for their ministry, and personally, I am a huge fan of Lysa’s blog. Homechick is funny. And real. And clearly has an amazing testimony of adoption. And we have discussed before the fact that both of our names are spelled differently. We're cool like that.

All that to say Proverbs 31 Ministries is hosting a “Girl's Night Out” tonight at Champion Forest Baptist Church, which is all of ten minutes (a little more with traffic) from my house.

KSBJ (our local Christian radio station) had been advertising this event for quite sometime, and as much as I really wanted to go, I felt silly because clearly, I would most likely be the only single girl there. So, after that I didn’t really give it much thought.

Well, a few weeks before Christmas, Claire’s husband, Russell, called me to say that he was going to get Claire tickets to go for Christmas, but was wondering if I would go along with her so she didn’t have to go alone. It took me all of 5 seconds to say yes. Y’all, I just really didn’t want to miss it.

Plus, Kate Gosslin, from Jon & Kate Plus 8 is going to be there too, and hello, did I forget to mention that is one of my favorite TV shows?

So, I am going. To an event for primarily wives and mothers. I’ve just been telling everyone that it will be a “Wising Up” event for me. I’m all about preparing for the future. Whenever that may be.

In the meantime, since it has been a while since Christmas, and since we got the tickets before then, I have placed this event in the back of my mind, until this week when I realized that it was THIS WEEK. I got kind of excited and quite giddy.

The greatest part, however, was tonight, I got a little email from Lisa asking me if I knew where she is going to be tonight? I of course had no idea, but when she replied back with HOUSTON, TEXAS, I about wet myself. She asked if I had heard of the conference, and knew what church it was at and asked where I was in relation to that, but little did she know, that not only do I live so close to the church, but I will be at the event, too. What a FUN surprise! I get to hug our darling Lisa’s neck in less than 24 hours and I am beaming with excitement.

This makes up for the fact that most of you will be having another fun “Siesta Fiesta” this weekend, and I will only be there in spirit. To at least hug one of your necks is a fun little blessing to me.

And, according to Lysa’s blog from a few days ago some other fun bloggers will be there, too.

So, not only do I get to go with my Claire for a girls night out, but I get to hear Lysa Terkeurst, Kate Gosselin, Renee Swope, Ayiesha Woods and Jason Catron and see some sweet blogging friends, and hug Lisa’s neck. To say I am so excited is a sad understatement.

More than a “Girl's Night Out“, however, I am going to consider this, as I stated before, a “Wising Up” night so I feel somewhat better about myself for being probably one of ten single girls there. However, I’ll let you know if there are more. Love y’all like I love Chinese food. And boy do I love me some good Chinese food.

4 comments:

Missy said...

I will be there too! :) We have an extra ticket if you know of someone wanting to go at the last minute.

Melissa said...

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Claire said...

Oh girl I am beyond excited about tonight!!! love you!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I can't just can't say enough how great it was to see you girl!! It was my only consolation for not being able to see you in Atlanta. I'm still heartbroken that I've not got to see darlin' Abby. :((

Love you girl!