However, first off, last night's Girl's Night Out with Claire was so much fun! Those ladies are a hoot and definitely know how to tell a story. Not only do they know how to tell a story, they know how to make a girl cry. Like, for real! Of course, good tears! Best of all, I most definitely didn't feel strange being a single girl there. Not one bit! And of course, it was exciting seeing Kate of Jon & Kate Plus 8 in real life. Homegirl is cute and has a very cute haircut right now. She also came sporting her cute outfit and darling shoes that killed her feet. But, like she said, it is painful to be beautiful!
And I can't forget to mention how fun it was to see our darling Lisa, The Preacher's Wife! I'm pretty sure I hugged her neck a good 10 times. I just love her to pieces. I do have a picture, but have not uploaded it yet and have not time at the moment to do so. Also in attendance was Melanie (aka Big Mama) who is just as sweet as pie, Amanda, who was sporting her precious yellow purse and said she would be blogging about it soon. It is definitely blog worthy. I can't wait! And of course Missy who is so cute and pregnant with baby Ellison. How fun is that name?! So fun! And I met some other bloggers, too. Anyway, all in all it was a great night.
Before the grand Girl's Night Out, I spent all day cleaning my room. Literally. I also managed to get rid of 3 bags of clothes and 1 bag of shoes. Go me! When I get the time, I am definitely blogging about that. There is a lot to say about a girl's closet, and I know y'all care to hear the gory details.
Really, all that to say that in the past 2 weeks, I'm pretty sure I've been home all of 2 nights. It has been so busy, but a good, not-so-overwhelming busy.
This weekend only adds to the craziness. In about 2 hours I will be heading to Planet Wisdom with about 50 of our Jr. High students for the weekend. We are all very excited, but you all know how tiring retreats can be. Especially with Jr. High. They have an energy that surpasses all energy I've ever had. So, if you would pray for them, that their hearts would be open to what the Lord has to say, I would be most grateful. Also, if you would pray that each of the leaders, including myself, to have energy, patience, love and grace and really just a good time with the students, I know we would all greatly appreciate that.
After the retreat is over, I have an open house Saturday night (it is only a one night deal!) for one of my favorite missionaries ever. This Sunday starts our GO Week at church, which focuses on missions, but Lauri is starting a little early. I'm totally okay with that because boy oh boy do I miss her. And clearly never get to see her since she doesn't live in Houston!
And then of course, as I mentioned, Sunday morning starts all the craziness. Yet fun and exciting all at the same time!
So, if you think of all of us here at CBC this weekend, we would so greatly covet your prayers!
Well, y'all, it is approximately 2:22 and I have a little less than 2 hours to leave my office, run a few errands, pack, grab some dinner/lunch and be back up here at 4:00 for a leaders meeting. Hence why I must run! Love y'all and hope you have a great weekend!
5 comments:
Definitely praying for you, Lindsee. We have GO week at our church, too! How much fun!!
Praying for your energy and His joy to overflow in you.
Love,
holly
It was fun to see you last night! Have a great weekend!!!
It was so great seeing your darlin' self! Sure you don't want to move to Alabama? :))
Hey I just found your blog. I love it! I have to admit after reading your last post, I am so jealous you get to live in Houston.
Jamie
http://learninghisbook.blogspot.com
Hey Lindsee! I was heading to bed and got an email from your comment on my blog. I had to smile because I was on your blog earlier this evening and planned to come back to leave a comment. I heard about you through Lysa and found my way to your blog through many of the girls night out blogger posts. You are one very popular blog chick!
I wish I could've met you, too! Thanks for your sweet comments about my message that night. I haven't shared my engagement story that often but my husband felt like it was one that many women would be able to relate to and benefit from. Knowing that it touched your heart means a lot!!!
Sweet blessings,
Renee
Post a Comment