This was originally supposed to be posted January 1st. However, it took me a few days to finish it. It's still a new year though, right?!
As I was doing my normal routine this morning, I was thinking about 2008 and all that has gone on. In my opinion, it has been a pretty huge year. Really, it all boils down to the fact that I became a grown up, but still. I am sure as life goes on, each year will have it's mountain's and valley's and some year's will be bigger than others, but so far, in my 23 years of life, 2008 has been one for remembering. So, here is a walk down memory lane.
It all started in January when I
officially became a Houstonian again after living in Huntsville for 4 years to student teach. Here we are at our apartment our last night. We pulled our mattresses out in the living room because we're cool like that!
Student teaching took over my life from January to May. Remember at the end of one of my placements when my sweet 3rd Graders wrote me the cutest letters known to mankind? Adorable. I still look at them from time to time and get a complete kick out of them. If you have no idea what I'm talking about,
go here.
And here.This was also during the time in which I took a shower at 2:00 in the morning. Insane, y'all. Absolutely insane.


After a semester of student teaching,
learning that Barbie has a new boyfriend, and the Lord working on my heart,
I decided not to teach right away and became the Girls Ministry Director at my church on May 5th! I am still in shock, but am having the biggest blast and am learning all about what it's like to be in ministry.



I traveled to
Las Vegas for our 3rd Annual Girls Weeked (Yes, it is spelled right!) and had an absolute blast with 2 of my favorite girls. However, we did miss Sally this year! Can't wait for Girls Weeked 'o9. Where, oh where will it be??!



After enjoying the 5 year plan, I FINALLY
graduated from college May 17th! Praise the Good Lord!


My little brother graduated from high school and went off to college! Woo Hoo!
Was honored to be apart of this beautiful girl's wedding in Waco on 06-07-08. A beautiful day indeed.

Mr. and Mrs. Fast

I bought my first (new) car (a Nissan Rouge) July 5th. Whoa. I am now very enthusiastically paying it off!



It was my complete honor and joy to sing with this girl...
In this girl's wedding. 07-26-08

The sister I never had! I love me some Kelly.

I spent a weekend in August with some crazy people that I met on the Internet. Crazy how God works things out! ;) And still, no matter how I justify this to people, some people think I'm still crazy! I love y'all!
Siesta Fiesta was a blast!




Hurricane
IKE decided to bless us with his presence, in September, leaving us without electricity for almost 2 weeks...and a new roof.



Flew to Colorado unexpectedly with my family
during the hurricane business to attend the funeral of my Great Uncle Herm. However, we also got to spend some sweet time with our
precious family!



Attended
LIT for 10 weeks and got to sit under the teachings of these 2 fabulous ladies. Probably the highlight of my year!
HE is so good, and so is
His WORD.

I put on my first ever
girls retreat in
November with 80 girls. All Glory to HIM! And we can't forget the way the Lord worked out every detail so that Abby and Shelly could be apart of it. I am still in awe! (I am still waiting on some pictures from the retreat, or I'd have a different picture for you!)

I spent a week in Mexico over Thanksgiving with a fabulous team and helped run a conference for the missionaries of CAM. (Please forgive me for my lack of telling y'all about Mexico. My life is crazy!)

It
SNOWED in HOUSTON, TX on December 10th. We don't forget these things, folks.

Got a word that so resonated with my heart at
Converge. Not to mention I spent the evening with some special ladies.

"Blessed are you when what comes naturally to others, comes supernaturally to you."

Was honord, yet again, to stand by my sweet friend, Jen on her wedding day. 12-13-08. I love this girl to pieces.


Spent
one evening with some of my favorite people on the planet. My BFF's and world travelers. It had been a year and a half, people. A year and a half. Huge deal!

Enjoyed Christmas with my family.

And the best brothers ever.

And finally, brought in the new year with some sweet friends.


And family!

It's so funny, after looking back and posting all this, I can't help but Praise the Lord and thank Him for the many blessings he has so graciously poured out on my life.
I can get so caught up in the little things, and in the things I don't have, and so often forget to sit down and just be thankful. I truly have nothing to complain about, yet I find myself doing just that so much. I have an amazing family and the world's best friends a girl could ask for. Plus, did we forget what I do for a living? I get to work with girls! Y'all, He is so good. However, I hope and pray that even if all this was stripped away, that I would still long to bless His name. Yes, it would be more than hard, but He is truly all we need. (Oh, to believe and hold fast to that!)
I am so excited for 2009. I absolutely cannot wait to see what He has in store for this year. I have a feeling He has huge things up his sleeve if I am willing to cooperate and obey! He is a huge God despite my very small, ineffecitive without Him self. I pray He shows up huge for you, as well! I pray that He would be our everything. And lastly, I pray that 2009 would be an even better year than 2008! Happy New Year!

8 comments:
nice recap :) so honored to be a part of it :p
busy year for you girly!!!
retreat reunion soon. it's necessary.
Enjoyed ringing in the new year with you, Linds! Love you! Hope 2009 is even more of a blessed year for you (secretly hoping you meet 'Mr. Right')!!
WOW! What a fantastic year you have had. Can't wait to see what God has in store for you in 2009!!!
It was a good year! I enjoyed reliving all the great times with you. I am working on my year recap post but it's been difficult trying to sum up everything that has happened. Hopefully, I will get it done. :-)
What an amazing year you had!!! And let me just tell you that year getting off the college high can be hard sometimes but life gets even better!! He has big plans for you!! Happy 2009 Lindsee!
Ok..I'm laughing. I'm laughing in a good "love you Lindsee" kind of way because I obviously read every single one of your posts that you mentioned. I relived your life with you and I remembered it all!!!
I'm so glad I found you. You are fabulous girl!!! Keep after Him!
Love,
Fran
Oh my Linds..... how is it that you stayed unbelievably perfectly beautiful throughout the whole year!!?!
love you forever
You lived a lot of life in one year... The work that God did in your life will last always...
Blessings sweet one in 2009..
Post a Comment