Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Haircast

We as women, especially women in Texas, consider hair to be a big deal. (No pun intended.)

It is of much value and is highly important.

However, here in Houston we have a little friend we like to call humidity. It's really not so much our friend as it is our enemy, but they say to keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

I've never known how to keep humidity, as my enemy, close until a glorious recent discovery I made on my new favorite website called Just Weather.

If you're wondering, the website really is, just weather.

As a meteorologist wannabe, this website brings to my heart a joy that was unknown until this discovery. I love nothing more than pulling up this website each morning to assess what my wardrobe will behold that day. And just by the click of a button. And just for Houston, Texas. (Don't be discouraged by the "just for Houston, Texas" part, there are other cities available for this gloriousness, too.)

However, I was elated the other day upon my findings of the haircast this site also provides.

It is as easy as one, two, three.

1) Scroll Down.

2) Enter your zip code.

3) Press enter.

Automatically a precious, curly headed girl has your haircast for you. We'll call her Suzy for kicks.

Bad. Fair. And Good.

Those are her choices.

Suzy is not really my BFF because each day, except today, have been "Bad" hair days. And homegirl was right on. The humidity, plus the rain made for a Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad 'Hair' Day.

However, I appreciate what she does for me and my hair.

Honestly, why mess with my hair for an hour each day if the minute I walk out it's going to poof like a puffer fish. (And yes, those exist.) Those are the days the ponytail is in order.

I just felt the need to share with you, ladies, about this find of mine that has changed my life. I so hope it can change yours, too. And if not your life, at least your day.


6 comments:

Kelli said...

LOVE IT!!! My curly afro thanks you!!

Jenny said...

Loupers-

I'm gonna need you to change the word "asses" to "assess". It's inappropriate.

:)

your bff loves you forever. even if you curse on your blog!

cristina said...

jen's comment cracked me up. :)

and for the record, humidity can be your friend. i remember telling a friend in college that if she took the job in colorado, her skin wouldn't be as lovely as if she headed to west virginia (which she was complaining about because it was in the same humidity band, or whatever, as houston).

yes, i was full of wisdom in my early 20s. :)

and i'll have you know, i'd give the advice again, at least one of the pros of living here. hair product is way cheaper than all the skin stuff.

Toknowhim said...

Way too Cute... Kim

Unknown said...

I was wondering what the website was! It seems like here in Houston, it would always say bad or poor! Sadly, that girl's hair is often what mine looks like, red, curly, and wildly poofy!

debra parker said...

Love this.