However, I am really blogging to ask you for you prayers, yet again.
In approximently eight hours one of my sweet BFF's will be arriving at my house so that I can "hop" in the car with her to drive seventeen hours to Kentucky. But, before you begin thinking it will be just a fun girly road trip, I shouldn't forget to inform you that Sally has two little boys, Jude who is 2 1/2 and Brennan who is seven months old and they will be along with us for the ride.
Oh, the joy.
I truly am very excited and am blessed to be able to help them out in this way, because frankly, Sally wouldn't be able to do this on her own, but, to be completely honest, I've never taken a 17 hour road trip with two little boys under the age of three. The farthest I've gone with them is College Station. Kentucky is just a smidge farther.
The reason I'll be traveling with Sally, as opposed to her husband, is because Jon left earlier to drive the Uhaul to Kentucky with his brother and get most of the big things unpacked before we arrive. Plus, they have two cars anyway. Jon and Sally are moving there so that Jon can go to seminary, and, if you can remember from back when, these were also my friends who served in North Africa for a year and a half. So, I am excited for this next journey for them, but I guess the best way to put it is I am a little apprehensive about the "getting there" part.
So, if you'll pray for us tomorrow (Thursday) and Friday as we travel, I would be so grateful and I know that our minds would be put at ease. There is supposed to be bad weather in Little Rock, Arkansas, so we are hoping to pass that, or hopefully even beat it. (Who just broke out in Michael Jackson's Beat It? Cause I sure did.)
I am going to stay a few days and then I'll fly back on Monday. Most likely, things will be very quiet around here, but if we have internet to update, I'll try to let y'all know we made it!
Thank you all so, so much. I sincerely appreciate and covet your prayers as we travel. Especially with two little ones.
And really, who knows what kinds of stories, pictures and video I'll have when I get back? I am anticipating some huge laughs and memories that will amount to blog worthy stories.
Y'all are awesome. Love you all!
5 comments:
I am praying for you all! May God bless your time together in the car, keep a calm and peace over the children and keep you safe. I am also praying that you will not have to drive through any storms!
Love,
Patty
Praying for a PEACEFUL road trip!
Travel mercies upon y'all! Music is saving....really....pop in some Disney tunes or something :)
Have fun and know I'll be praying! Looking forward to some great stories when you get home!!
Love you!
Angie xoxo
Yay have so much fun with Sally!
Emily
Post a Comment