Sunday, April 26, 2009

On the Run

That was the theme of my weekend.

On the go, full of activity, action-packed and an absolute blast.

Friday afternoon before my action-packed weekend officially started, I enjoyed a lovely lunch with my friend Allison at Newk’s. I am convinced that Newk’s is my new favorite cafĂ©’. How in the world did my brother work next door to this fabulous place for quite some time and I never enjoyed it? That is just wrong. Anyway, we had a great time for two hours! She is just so fun to be around. And encourages this young lad more than she knows. I’m pretty sure I want to be her when I grow up!

After work Friday evening my Mom had a MOPS event she had to be at, so my Dad and I had a date at Pappasito’s. Chips and queso and fajitas were in order so I was one happy, and lucky, girl. We got back home just in time for the weather to get pretty gross, so it was perfect timing. After dinner we just chilled at home because I was pooped. Last week was also an action-packed week, in which I was gone every night of the week, so it was nice to just relax. All in all, it was a very nice evening.

Saturday we all got up and I was all domestic and made cinnamon rolls.

Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, that is, but nonetheless, they were tasty.

Once we were all showered, my mom, dad and I took and impromptu trip to College Station to see the littlest Eddy. After our minor detour, we finally made it, picked up Kevyn and went to Rudy’s BBQ for lunch. It was very tasty! I embarrassed my family by asking the guy right next to me what he ordered because it looked really good, and by golly, that chopped BBQ sandwich did not disappoint. After lunch we went and hung out at his apartment for a bit so that I could see it and then once our food settled was settled, and we were no longer feeling pregnant because of the amount of food we ate, we went and picked up Kev’s friend, Jane and took her to Ben and Jerry’s with us! It was simply delightful.

We got home that evening and I hopped straight in my car to run a few errands that I had planned on doing that day, but the impromptu trip postponed them. Needless to say, it was a great day but I slept very well last night.

Our lunch was served in this crate.


Our photo shoot at Rudy's!



The brother and my allowance go to this child. Ha! Totally kidding about the allowance.
Kevyn's apartment was made for Elf's.

Ben & Jerry's, oh how we love thee.

Notice my father disobeying the rules. Shame on him!

Today after church, on a whim, I headed up to Huntsville for my friend, Laura’s wedding shower. I didn’t plan on going because Sunday’s are just so hard and long, but after a few schedule changes I was able to make it and I am so glad I did. It was so much fun seeing all my college friends. I seriously miss those girls, so the time was so sweet. It flew by but I was so grateful. Plus, as an added bonus, I was happy to be there to support Laura. August 1st is her big day and it will come so quick. I mean, hello, it is almost May! Goodness. Where has 2009 gone? But I am so excited and thrilled for her and look forward to celebrating more. I love you, Laura!

Opening her gifts!

Some Phi Lamb Girls!

All her gifts!

Me and the Bride-to-be!

While driving back to Houston, I still hadn’t eaten much, so I pulled off in the Woodlands to get some Raising Canes. Y’all, I have an unhealthy obsession with chicken fingers, and that is all you can get there, so you can imagine that I try to get it when I can. However, I am thankful we don’t have one near us because I am almost positive I’d be about 100 pounds heavier from that fried chicken, fries and oh, that Texas toast.

On that note, now that I’ve spent all night catching up on the internet, I better get to bed so I have enough energy for Jazzercise tomorrow. I don’t want that chicken feeling at home on this here body.

4 comments:

Patty said...

You had a busy week!

I have to say that I am sure that food served in a crate has to be the best food ever! How cool is that?

Pillsbury Cinn. Rolls- delicious! I have to watch myself because I can eat more than one. They are addicting. lol

I am glad you decided to go to the shower. You looked so pretty and I love your hair! I am thinking of cutting my hair before I go to Colorado but I am not sure what style I want.

Girlfriend, chicken fingers are a staple in this household.

We like them at Wing Stop, Zaxby's and Zaxby's serves them with Texas toast and crinkle fries. Yummy! I think this is what we will have for dinner tonight. :))

Have a great week!

Missy said...

Um..your food choices alone could make that the best weekend ever!

adam and laura said...

thank you so much for making the trek to huntsville. you are wonderful! love you sweet & dear friend.

Kelli said...

MMM I love Rudy's.

Marla and Co. had eaten and the Newk's in Tyler and raved about it. Now I REALLY want to try it!