However, my heart is now swelling at the fact that I have a new little six year old friend, Jhon, that I have the privilege of sponsoring through Compassion International.
Since January I've had a tug on my heart to be a sponsor, but honestly, have just been really lazy about actually getting it done. Seems to be the story of my life! Pitiful.
But, after reading about all of the Compassion stories from India this past week, I couldn't wait one more second. I've been searching through those precious faces all week and hadn't found a child yet (because it is so overwhelming how many there actually are) but today finally came across sweet little Jhon, who not only has my birthday, and also spells his name differently like me, but also has been waiting for a sponsor for longer than six months.
Heart. Breaking. Now.
It was so urgent that there was a little heart by his name. He needed a sponsor, and quick.
I had been praying the Lord would help me find a child, because I just couldn't choose one on my own since I'm the worlds worst decision maker, and when I saw his face my heart immediately started beating fast and I thought, how could I not sponsor him? He's been waiting so long.
Now, I'll be anxiously awaiting for his packet to get to me so I can learn more about him. I also can't wait to send him his first letter and tell him that he has indeed, not been forgotten and is dearly loved.
In the meantime, I'll be praying for my own selfish, hard heart and that it would become one of true compassion.
3 comments:
I am so excited for you. I am even more excited because after months of praying about it. Chris and I are sponsoring our first child from India too. May Jhon be blessed by your compassion!
Lindsee Lou - God bless you! My husband and I began sponsoring a little boy named Iduar back in February. He is 7 and he lives in Colombia. Melissa's trip to India has made me realize how valid the sponsor/child relationship is - I am so excited...we've written a letter and we are hoping to hear back one day.
It is such a blessing. I'm so very proud of you!
Much Love,
Mrs. Jan
I'm so so happy for the both of you Lindsee. It has taken everything within me to not sponsor 10 kids!!! All the bloggers told the story so well, but my heart is completely broken for the people of India. However, I'm thrilled to sponsor my sweet Sofia in Uganda. I know that I'm making a difference. We both are.
I'm so proud of you. You have just loved the "far" person. Ever saw Loving Well by Mama Beth??
Big hugs,
Fran
Post a Comment