Thursday, April 9, 2009

More Than I Can Imagine

Thursday while on our long trek to Kentucky, Sally and I clearly had more than enough chatting time, and chat we did. It was so good for my soul because I was really needing some good heart to heart conversation.

I'm not sure at what point in our conversation Ephesians 3:20 came up, but it did and at that moment I expressed to her my love for that verse. (I mean, it's only been my mantra for this blog since I started it. Just look under my name!) Quickly thereafter, however, I then expressed to her that as much as I do love this verse, it's so hard for me to believe because quite frankly, I don't deserve the "more than you can imagine" part.

After I confessed to her that I don't believe it will happen because I don't deserve it, she quickly and so matter of factly responded with, "Well, you just need to get over that!"

Ouch.

But quite honestly, I do need to get over it. Because I'll either believe it and watch the "more than I can imagine" play out in my life, or I can choose not to believe it, and miss out on what He has for me, which is obviously more than I can imagine. He knows first and foremost when I don't have a believing heart.

I so badly want to be someone that does believe that with all my heart but at the same time not forget the grace he has so lavishly poured out on my life.

Because truly, I don't deserve more than I can imagine. Not one bit. But, it is because of His grace that He gives me more than I can imagine, whether I deserve it or not. And that, sweet friends, just astounds me. I'll never understand His love for me. Or His grace in my life. But, I'll so sweetly and humbly receive it.

So, I'm getting over it.

Tonight.

I'm going to believe Him for more than I can imagine. And receive it with a grateful heart.

He does give us His best, and we think it is so much better than anything we could have conjured up on our own.

I'm going to believe Him, even when I don't deserve it.

Glory to God!

"God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us." Ephesians 3:20 (The Message)

7 comments:

cristina said...

:) the amazing thing is that even in believing Him and His Word, He helps us.

mark 9:24
"I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

Gran Jan said...

Oh I needed that Word just now, sweet Lindsee. Thank you - and thank you Cristina for your encouragement that He even gives us the faith to believe Him.

Much Love -
Because HE Lives,
Jan

Jill Beran said...

Enjoyed your words!! I was wondering if you are still doing the plates? If so I'd love to get one. Let me know at jillberan@yahoo.com

Thank you and blessing this Easter weekend!
Jill

Shelly said...

I wanted to laugh at loud at her response to you. I too, friend, need this message as well :)

But as your friend, I'm going to tell you the same thing (and I'll speak it over myself as well), b/c I KNOW He is bringing to fruition the 'more than you can imagine' in your life. And I'm not about to stand by and have you miss it! Nope!

PS - 'Jesus saves' is on repeat right now in my living room where I'm sitting. Thought you should know. Grin.

Katie said...

Don't you just love the honesty of a true friend? Sometimes brutal, but so invaluable! Keep believing!

Fran said...

Honey...I'm going to believe Him with you. I'm claiming this verse with you. I'll never understand his love for me either. Never. But, I'll try to sit back and humbly receive it and then do "the thing" honoring him all day long.

Love you girl,
Fran

Melinda said...

I was just going to quote the same verse as Cristina - Mark 9:24! Isn't it so true of ALL of us...we believe, but simultaneously have to claim our unbelief?

I believe, right along with you Lindsee, that it has to be a conscious decision, a determined act of faith on our part.

You're such a blessing...Happy Easter!
Melinda

P.S. Thanks for my card! :o)