Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Girls Just Want To Have Fun

Let me just start this post by saying that even though I know this time of year food consumption is above average, I honestly feel like that's all I've done the past 3 weeks. I've eaten myself through December. The problem is, Christmas has yet to come. Nor has New Years. Which means that come January 2nd (I mean, let's just get honest here, who starts their resolutions on the 1st?) my little (or big by then) butt must be disciplined to get to the gym. Here also this, until then, I will enjoy with glee every food item I place in my mouth. Amen and Amen.

Today was one of the girliest days I've had in a while. Complete with chatting, mani's, pedi's, chocolate, cupcakes and girlfriends. And it was divine.

First I met up with Megan and we ventured on down to the Galleria where we ate lunch at the Grand Lux (which is in the same chain as Cheesecake Factory). Can you believe we both ate there for under $10? I was joyfully shocked. I guess sharing meals really is such a blessing in more ways than one. After that we walked across the parking lot to get mani's and pedi's. Now, I've never received a professional massage, but I'm convinced that most professional massages feel just like the ones I had on my arms and legs today during the pampering session. Oh my! She could have put me to sleep it felt so good. Definitely relaxing.

Once our toes and nails were dry we headed to Crave Cupcakes. Megan has been wanting to take me there for a while and today was the perfect day to do so. Not only was it perfect because we both had the day off, but extra delightful because the weather was perfect too. Did I mention the fact that we got to eat both our lunch and our cupcakes outside? It was so fun. Crave is very similar to Sprinkles, and according to Megan, even better. I've never had either, but let me tell you, it was the most divine chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting I've ever tasted. Such a cute little place, too.

I think after all was said and done, we've decided to make this an annual trip. Lunch, mani's & pedi's, and Crave. All in favor say aye? I!

Me and Megan on the porch at Grand Lux after lunch.

A Crave Cupcake.

Pure delight.

Such a cute place. Such a fun day.


After our fun day she took me back to my car where I headed home real quick to change, freshen up and wrap some presents.

I was off to Olive Garden in a flash to have dinner with some of my favorite girls. One of them I like to refer to as Miss Montana. I love when she comes home, so much! Honestly, when we are all reunited, nothing has ever changed. We truly don't miss and beat and pick up right where we left off. I know I talk about my girlfriends all the time on here and tell you how incredibly blessed I am, but I just need to you to know that I am just that. Extremely blessed with the girls the Lord has placed in my life. We exchanged gifts, ate our normal, laughed, talked, laughed and said goodbye. The gatherings are few and far between, but they're the sweetest gatherings ever. They're like the sisters I never had. Need I say more? I love you, BFF's. (Sally, we SO missed you. Come home next year, please? Or how about Girls Weekend 2010? It's on, sister. We love you!)

If that wasn't the girliest day I don't know what is. I loved every second of it.

Miss Montana.

Jen got to sit with Olive Garden. She was a nice guest.

It's a miracle we ever get any normal pictures.

This is what Jen gave me for Christmas. So appropriate. I only say that ten thousand times a day.

Loves! And see that cute bracelet on my arm? And the one on Jen's? That's what Joanna gave us. It has our initial on it. Adorable.

My heartbeat.

4 comments:

Deidre said...

Looks like a fun day, Lindsee. I need a GIRL DAY!! (Hear me whining) :)

Patty said...

What a fun day!! I love the gifts!! It is such a blessing and oh so fun to have a group of Bff's you can hang with even if you can do it once a year!!

Merry Christmas!

Megan said...

I had fun too! We need to do it again real soon!

Love you (more than the cupcakes)! Merry Christmas!

P.S. That card IS perfect for you! And you would respond, "I know, right?!?!"

Kelli said...

Perfect.