“Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.” Romans 8:26-28
Just being completely honest here, sometimes I get tired and weary in the waiting. So much so that I feel like I’m praying the same prayer, and then I don’t know what to pray, so I stop. It’s irritating to me that I do that, but I do. However, when I ran across this verse I was so encouraged. The truth is, even though I can get so tired in this season of waiting, He is praying on my behalf. When I don’t know what to pray, He does. He does know me better than I know myself. How can I not trust Him?
I know I’m not the only one in a season of waiting. Not at all. But if you find yourself in one, be encouraged by this scripture as well. He knows we’re tired. He knows we’re weary. He knows it’s lonely. He knows it’s not easy. But He does promise that He does work out every detail in our lives for good. Amen!
11 comments:
Hey Lindsee,
It's interesting that you speak about the weariness that comes with waiting because I was watching a minister on TBN the other day and he was talking about how sometimes we need to stop praying the problem and start thanking God for the solution. There is a song on the radio that I love called " Praise him in Advance". Whatever you are praying for or waiting, start thanking God for it. The Lord inhabits the praises of his people and when He sees that we are already in a grateful spirit, He manifests his promises to us. When I heard the minister say that,it gave me a different perspective because honestly, God already knows what we desire and He has heard us make our petitions time and time again...what we should do now..is just give thanks which is a sign of our faith. Remain blessed. Take care!
love you friend...
I hope you know that you are prayed over every single day. You are so very loved ... and your answered prayer, it is SO worth the wait ... I promise.
Oh girl,
Waiting is my middle name this season. And at the same time, He's humbled me to cease viewing it as just 'waiting,' and realize the blessings of the now.
It can truly be wearisome. You are right.
Thank you for sharing the verse.
Oh, Lindsee, thank you SO much for this post!! The Lord just spoke through you. I have been praying this week about something and he continues to give me affirmation about waiting-now's not the time (i think you know what i'm talking about).
Someday the waiting will be up, but then again, there's probably always something to wait for.
I love you, friend! Keeping praying and having faith! I admire you so!
What a great word! Yes, I understand out waiting and getting weary in the waiting. Our family is now coming out of a year long wilderness season. Truthfully, I didn't think I would make it out sane on some days.
I agree w/ Shelley..God taught me to view the now blessings through that time. It really helped me more than anything.
Love ,
Patty
Your comment on my blog gave me the chills, Lindsee! God keeps amazing me through this computer screen! I love these verses from The Message. All of the details are worked into something good. It's so cool that we can be at different stages of life, yet the same in so many ways. You are so right that He knows us better than we know ourselves. It gives me such peace and comfort.
Love you!
Angie xoxo
Keep your focus girl. He is using this time for His glory! I know EXACTLY where you are. You are amazing!
You have no idea how bad I NEEDED to hear that. I am very tired in the waiting. So glad to have a reminder in scripture. Gem - you are one, for sure!
love this verse and it definitely brings encouragement in the tiresome waiting period! i love that you're my friend and your faith in the Lord!
It's funny, after waiting over the years, I have found that I can almost look at the Lord and say, "Here again?' And He says, "Yep." So I say ok, and grip His hand even tighter...and tighter.
Praying with you in the waiting...trusting Him for BEST for you, Lindsee, and looking forward to the day of His YES to celebrate with you!
Post a Comment