Here’s how it all went down.
Friday I worked then headed down to HFBC with my parents and Jen’s parents to see their Christmas program, Celebrate. Jen directed the children’s choir in the show so I could not miss it. Who in their right mind would not support their BFF with such a task! The kids were precious; however, I’m not sure I took my eyes off Jen the whole time she was directing. I was one proud BFF! They all did great. The whole celebration was so neat and very well done. It included a donkey, a camel and you know an elephant. Nothing big or anything!
Afterwards we all went to eat at Canyon Café. Super tasty! However, by this time all I could do was count down the hours until I had to be at my church the next morning at 5:45 a.m. It was nuts!
I pulled in my driveway right about midnight, packed a lunch, packed my bag for the next day, laid my head down at 1 a.m. then popped right back up at 4:45 a.m. to be at church by 5:45. To be completely honest, I was so dreading the early wake-up call, but the day was so sweet that it made it all worth it.
After hurricane Ike, our church partnered up with Galveston Bible Church and the EFCA with a project called Rebuilding Galveston. We’ve been sending groups down there on Saturdays to work on certain projects, and this past Saturday we took some of our students down there. It’s an all day event, and quite the exhausting trip, but it is so rewarding. My group in particular was assigned to paint the inside of a house. We primed the ENTIRE house and the ceiling then painted the entire ceiling. I don’t think I’ve ever been so sore in my life and in all seriousness; I have a new found appreciation for painters in general, but especially ceiling painters. After the all day event of painting, our group walked the streets to talk to folks. I’m pretty sure they had some good conversations. It was challenging nonetheless! I was so proud of my girls. We worked so hard all day and not one complaint came out of their mouths. After that we met up with the rest of the group, returned all of our supplies to the warehouse and went to dinner. We were definitely feeling the effects from the day, but thankfully all made it home safe and sound. It’s interesting to leave when it’s still dark out, and return home when it’s dark again, you feel like you’ve been gone longer than one day, but you really haven’t. It sure felt like it, though. I pulled into my driveway at 9:30, took the hottest shower ever, and was in bed by 10:30. That is, of course, after I popped some Tylenol.
The entire group that went down to Galveston on Saturday.

I love these girls!


This is how we felt at the end of the day!

Greg leading them in some stretches. It was only appropriate after their hard days work.


The next morning, I was up and at ‘em at 5:45 a.m. to be at church for a Christmas brunch for all of our volunteers in the ministry. We had quite the spread and it was fun! It was the least we could do to tell them thank you and let them know how much we appreciate them. Folks, if you’re a volunteer, don’t ever think anything you’re doing goes unnoticed. We appreciate you more than you know!
I was not so wise that morning as I put on my tall black boots because by noon I wanted to shoot my feet off. They were screaming at me! After standing all day Saturday and all morning Sunday, my feet wanted nothing to do with me. However, there wasn’t much I could do.
After cleaning everything up from the morning, I went straight to lunch at a Mexican restraint nearby, then headed from lunch to a student leadership meeting. By the time 4:00 came around, I’d completely hit my wall. I was beyond exhausted! But alas, the day must go on.
I then went straight home after the meeting, changed, freshened up and went to our small group girls chirstmas party! By then I’d had my second wind so all was well. We had such a fun time! Our group joined the freshman girls small group and we laughed and ate and exchanged white elephant gifts. I was the lucky one that went home with a Bumpit. Yes, a real live Bumpit. A Bumpit that I stole. Oh yes I did! We took some goofy pictures, laughed a bit more then I finally made it home for good. I’m pretty sure I played some with my Bumptit then went to bed with a body so tired I could barely wash my face. Those early wake-up calls with little sleep are brutal. I also have a new found appreciation for all mothers of newborn babies. Or babies that just don’t sleep for that matter. Bless you!
Eatin' some grub!



My Seniors.


The whole group! We're so fun!

The Bumpit that I stole. Oh yes ma'am I did.

It's a process folks. A process that I haven't mastered.



I mean, you can't see it or anything, can you? ;)

This is what happens when I leave my camera sitting out.




Michaela got "planky" as her gift. He can be used for multiple things. Here I am giving him a piggyback ride.

Planky with the group. Notice the awful bumpit positioning in the hair.

Michaela and her new BFF.

Some freshman girls!

Sweet Loribeth!

Shannon!

Me and Kara! We kept getting lower and lower. Ha!

Oh, Mary! We took far too many to put on here. But here she is mimicking my head pop.

Thankfully Monday is my beloved day off, and I got some much needed rest. And all my Christmas shopping done! Score! I ended the day at a fun get together with some sweet girls I’ve grown up with. I would call them old high school friends, but they’re so much more than that. Sweet Emily was in town from New Mexico with her baby and we had yet to meet him! He was the entertainment that night. But, when is a baby not entertainment? I love those girls to pieces. Every time I’m with them I walk away so thankful for the friendships the Lord has blessed me with. I am a blessed girl.

4 comments:
Love the pictures and the smiles! They make me smile, too!!
And guess what?? I'm just sharing this, 'cause you're in on it. After we gave that gift yesterday, today we received 6times that amount from my parents, which is really huge...for they haven't really been happy with us since we moved away. God is awesome!! And we are humbled and still trusting Him for a restoration with my folks.
Love ya, Lindsee!
This was a great post. My favorite part was when you had food at a Mexican "restraint".
Love you dear one.And I want a planky of my very own.
Reading about your weekends wear me out. Sounds like you are having tons of fun!
When I saw your red shirt on facebook, I had a flash back of a shirt I could never find last year. I was so sad. And then on Friday I found it in purple at the GAP! Just a little clothing excitement!
AND I LOVE the purple, black and grey dress!
And the camel fell on someone on Saturday night... I couldn't stop thinking about it!!
Post a Comment