Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lindsee's Favorite Things

I’m not a huge Oprah fan; however, I do love to watch her favorite things episode. She always has the neatest things and not that I’ve ever run out and bought any of the items she’s given so freely, but it is a nice thought. Last year at my Girls Retreat I did a “Lindsee’s Favorite Things” and it was so fun. Granted, I didn’t give away any cars or washers and dryers, but I did give away a ton of my favorite, cheap things. You know, like gum, a CD, just little trinket type gifts as a way for them to get to know me better since I’d only been on staff a few months. It was a blast!

So, because of the season that we’re in, I figured I’d share a few of my favorite things with you. Some of them I can live without and some of them, well, we just won’t go there. In no particular order, let me present to you, Lindsee’s Favorite Things.

1) My Chi Straightener: Folks, I’ve got some thick (not so long since I chopped it all off) hair. I’m in the process of growing this mane back out, but that’s another story. The truth is, I’m not sure what I did before the grand ole’ Chi. I’m certain that if you caught a sight of my hair right after I’ve blow-dried it, you’d no longer be my friend. It’s scary. Most of this is due to the fact that I have naturally wavy/curly hair so blow-drying it only poofs it to the extreme. I wasn’t blessed with silky locks like some of you have. So the Chi does the trick. This may or may not be something I can’t live without.

2) In sticking with a hair theme for the moment, besides my favorite Biolage Shampoo, you can’t miss out on the Biolage Smoothing Serum. It keeps the frizz and flyaways to a minimum which is super sweet, and plus, it leaves this mop all silky and shiny. Every now and then, however, I’ll switch to the Biolage Smoothing Shine Milk and that is also divine. And yes, you read it right, it looks just like milk.

3) The iPhone. Need I explain? Seriously though, if I was wealthy enough to give away one to all of you, I most certainly would. I’m not going to lie, when they first came out, I thought it was ridiculous to spend that amount of money on a cell phone. Plus, to pay a monthly charge? That was absurd. What I’ve come to realize is that this smart little phone costs no more than many Blackberry’s. My handy dandy phone has provided countless things for me. One for which I am extremely grateful for, the GPS system. And that’s not even including all the many handy dandy applications that are beyond thrilling. This phone is raising the bar.

4) Scarves. Yes, scarves. You should see my scarf collection. Just ask my roommates! It’s overflowing with scarf colorfulness. In fact, one of my roommates has worn them all and every time she gets compliments on them, she just says thank you. She told her mom she wanted some for Christmas to which her mom replied, “Every time I see you, you’re wearing a different one. You don’t need anymore!” She then had to confess. They’re all mine. Truth be told, in this crazy Houston weather, it is the perfect accessory. It keeps your neck warm if need be, but if you get the slightest bit warm, you can remove it. Here’s proof of my ridiculous scarf collection. I dare say you wouldn’t be disappointed if you too invested in the accessory in the form of a scarf.

5) A gym membership! I was in Jazzercise but as much as I loved it, I had to drop it a few months ago. It just wasn’t working out with my schedule and when I moved, there wasn’t one near me. I began to really get so tired of Shred and just needed a break from it, so that meant a gym membership was in order. I didn’t realize how much I’d missed working out in a gym. So much so that I’ve gone 3 times this week! Go me! I really need a routine so hopefully this will help. All I’m sayin’ is, LA Fitness, you best not disappoint. Or really, I best not disappoint myself. Ha!

6) Zevia! This is one you should seriously all try. I know you’re thinking what the stink is that? And I’m so glad you asked. As most of you know I gave up drinking all sodas back in June. I was really only into Diet Coke and it was terribly hard to break. I didn’t even drink that many in the first place, but the cravings were intense! So, when I went to visit Joanna in Montana she had this little gem in her refrigerator and I had to try it. Surprisingly, I loved it. It’s basically a soda type drink that is all natural and sweetened with Stevia. They have 6 flavors, but my flavor of choice is of course, the “Cola” flavor. I haven’t necessarily missed Diet Coke at all (except for when I’m eating Mexican food), but every now and then I was missing that burn of carbonation and the flavor. I love water, but it gets pretty boring. The downside to drinking this is that it’s a bit pricey for a 6 pack, but I drink it in much moderation, so it doesn’t bother me that much. I don’t even have one a day! Unless you’re completely addicted to diet sodas (like I was) I really think you’d enjoy it. And it’s a good substitute if you’re looking to quit drinking sodas, you know, if you’re crazy like me.

7) My MAC Studio Tech Powder, and L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara. I know I’m so silly, but if someone told me I could only take 2 cosmetics with me on an island, it’d be these 2. The powder stays put pretty much all day, and the mascara? Well, it’s just plain divine. I have long lashes and this helps separate and lengthen even more. Definitely a favorite of mine.


That wraps up Lindsee’s Favorite Things! I hope you enjoyed this December 2009 edition. Please do spill the beans on some of your favorite things. I’d love to hear them and get some ideas! Happy December!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

You are precious!
Bring on the scarves!!!

Megan said...

Hmm, I might have to try that soda. Love scarves too!
Also, I might have to try the straighten cream-my current one makes my hair greasy. Good list of favorite things, Linds!

Jaclyn said...

i so enjoyed that...i will ne trying the soda and the mascara :)

love you!

connorcolesmom said...

Ooh how I love the Chi, scarves, and the iphone :)
You are precious and I miss you!!!
Much love
Kim

Jenny said...

I think I will make an attempt at the soda. We'll see. I'm not making any promises!

Kelli said...

I have had a love affair with scarves LONG before they ever became popular!! I AM SO GLAD they are in fashion now!!

I switched from Biolage a while ago but between your post and Amanda's I am thinking about bringing it back!