Last Thursday me and the roomies headed to the Rodeo. The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo is truly a phenomenon and I believe that you're not a true Houstonian until you experience it at least once. Brad Paisley was the entertainment of the night and he did not disappoint. He is such a cutie and is most definitely all about his audience. I think he spent more time running around the stadium than he did on the actual stage! It's always a late night when you stay for the entire show, but every minute is worth it. It's so much fun! Not only do I enjoy the artists they bring in, I'm a huge fan of the actual rodeo itself. There's just something about watching bull riding, the calf scramble, barrel racing and mutton bustin' that gets me all riled up! If you're not familiar with mutton bustin', please do yourself a huge favor and youtube it. If I told you it was five year olds holding onto sheep for dear life would you watch it? Then please go.
Mandy, me and Claire. So fun! Thank you to Mandy's dad for giving us the awesome tickets!
This past weekend started Spring Break in our area, probably like most of you, so Sunday after teaching at church (which I'm teaching for the next 2 Sunday's and would so appreciate your prayers) I packed my sweet lil' self up and headed to Fort Worth.
Jen and Raven, my sweet friends who I so dearly miss, hosted me for a few days and we had a ball. I left a lot later than I had planned due to an un-planned Sunday nap, but when I arrived around 9 pm, Raven and her roommate, Katie, had a spaghetti dinner waiting for me. It was so tasty and I was so grateful they waited for me to eat. I know they had to have been starving!
Of course we chatted late that night then headed to bed. Monday morning we woke up, got ready then scooted around town and ran some errands for Rae. She took me to a neat little restaurant called Yucatan Taco Stand and we shared a burrito bowl. Y'all, it was better than I ever imagined. We then went to the dentist for Raven, then after that she took me to Curly's Frozen Custard. We each treated ourselves to a kiddie size and it was perfect.
That night we met a bunch of her friends at the Stockyards. It's so adorable down there and since Jen was back in town, they obviously met us there too! I was so happy to see her. We ate some Risky's BBQ and it was so tasty. Basically, if you can imagine, I ate myself through Fort Worth. It seems to be what we do every time I'm there. I was sad because it was way colder than we wanted, but we made the most of it. We shut the restaurant down! Jen and Ryan came back to the apartment with us and chatted for a bit, then after they left Rae and I stayed up and talked till 2:30. We are crazy! But oh, how I love those nights!
Me and Raven enjoying our custard in the car since it was chilly outside.
All the girls!
I was riding the horse. What can I say?
Fun in the stockyards!
Tuesday after we were all fixed up again, I finally got to see Jen's cute new apartment, then we toured Fort Worth the rest of the day. We ate lunch at a cute little hole in the wall called The Lunch Box. The decor was green and yellow, and I happened to dress for the occasion since I was wearing green and yellow. Neat.
On Monday Raven had wanted to take me to a cupcake store called The Cupcake Cottage, but it was closed. So Tuesday, we pre-ordered our cupcakes, went and picked them up, realized we didn't have any milk, so we drove through the McDonald's to get their kids milk jugs, and then we enjoyed eating our cupcakes at the Fort Worth Water Gardens. After I devoured my first one, I was instantly wishing I would have ordered two. They were that good. Oh, and did I mention that upon my arrival on Sunday Raven had a JD's Chippery cooking waiting for me? It was as good as I've heard them to be. Oh my word! We never went to Dallas so I didn't get any extra, but my next trip up there, we're so going.
I'm telling you, it's all about the food, folks.
After our Water Garden and cupcake adventure, we went back to Jen's and chilled for a bit before making our annual trip to Target. Jen needed a dress and well, let's be honest, Target comes in the form of therapy for most people, so Raven and I supported her buying a dress. We too purchased a dress and some shoes. To be detailed, we purchased the exact same dress and shoes. Yes, we're lame, I mean, cool like that.
They then whisked me away to Posados. One of the best Mexican restaurants ever. To be honest, I didn't have high expectations because of the Mexican food we have here in Houston, but it exceeded anything I thought and more. I like to consider myself a fajita connoisseur, and these were by far some of the best I've tasted. Dare I say they were better than Pappasito's? Y'all, that's saying something.
The night was coming to an end and as sad as I was, I was also part excited because I was pooped. Those girls kept me as busy as a bee.
Raven and I didn't stay up near as late talking because we had to be up early to leave, but I did create a blog for her. She had a blog in college, but once she went to seminary fell off the blogging bandwagon. Now that she has more time, she wants to start again, so what's better than starting fresh? It's cute. Now she just needs to blog.
In front of The Lunch Box. See how I match the colors?
We were not only excited about what was in the pink box, but we were also excited about the pink box itself..
I love this pic, but I had my camera on a different color setting, making us all look a little...tan? Red?
The pink box became a staple in our pictures.
The Water Gardens. It is really neat!
They called this wall the mountain. I wonder why? And yes, if you didn't notice, we have matching shoes on.
This is what I like to call a pre-jump pose. Unfortunately, the actual jumping picture didn't work out.
I was trying to be artsy.
I came home this morning and on my way out picked up Jen to ride back with me. The four hour drive goes by much quicker when you have someone to talk to. It's been a while since we've had good, decent time to talk, so it was great car time.
Her dog, Scout, even joined us and all was well with his doggy car seat until his foot started bleeding. Bless his heart! Thankfully, I was able to pull over and we rigged a plastic cast, but she's taking him to the vet this week to get him all fixed up. He's a cute little thing, that's for sure. And until today I've never even heard of a doggy car seat and it's by far the funniest thing you'll ever lay eyes on. Oh my word!
I'm back home now and am thinking about going back to work tomorrow. It was most definitely a fun few days and I was so thankful to take a few days off and get away! I love my girls and don't see them near enough. Thank you, sweet friends, for being such wonderful hosts. I love y'all to pieces!
As Raven and I were getting dressed this morning, we both new we wanted to wear our new shoes. I clearly packed what I had on, and then after Raven got dressed, we came to the conclusion that we are absolutely ridiculous. But we love it. They say opposites attract, do they not? It was way to hilarious not to document.
7 comments:
Can I just say that you have such cute style...love the out fit with the leggings..and the shoes..too cute. BTW..where do you buy your jeans... I am 5"11 and I can hardly find jeans long enough for me ...help a sista out..thanks!!
BTW...cupcakes looked so good!!
Looks like you have been having loads of fun! I am loving all of your outfits. You always look so dang cute!! :)
Hey Vivian!
I get a lot of my jeans at either The Buckle, or online at Alloy.com. Both have super long inseams! You should check it out!
absolutely loving the recap! seems like all we took you to do was eat delicious food... good thing i brushed my teeth 20 million times!! =) love you amazing friend!!
i do have to say i'm a bit disappointed our milk jugs didn't make it on here (figure i should clarify)! =)
Rae! I can't believe I did that. I totally forgot the milk jugs. Bummer.
I miss Ft. Worth! Glad you had sooo much fun!
Post a Comment