As stated before, the Lord has immensely blessed me in the friendship area, and while I've prayed specifically for girlfriends here in Houston to walk this journey with, He's instead given me a handful of other friendships, for which I am particularly thankful for.
However, I need you to know that there are two girls who mean the world to me and are most definitely walking this road with me, they just happen to live in different cities..
So, imagine my surprise and excitement when Raven texted me to see if I was free this weekend to have dinner since she was in town. Indeed I was! And to make matters even more exciting, Hannah was free to. What, what?! We've tried to plan weekend get together, but our schedules are all so crazy and wonky, it's difficult to actually find a good weekend. To say that I was looking forward to our get together would be a complete understatement. It's been a good while since I've had a good, deep conversation about life (that makes me sound like some girl who thinks all the time! Ha!) and I knew that these girls would not disappoint.
Since about our Junior year of college, we've bonded together. Stuck together. We completely get each other and where we're at in life. It's one of the sweetest things.
We're all in ministry. We're all out of college. We're all called to churches that may not provide us with the best singles ministry every. And we're all singe. Yet we're all content. Yes, we get each other.
Friday after work I got home, packed a little bag and waited for Hannah to drive in from Huntsville. Bless her heart, she got into a bit of traffic so it took her longer than expected. I had a feeling that would happen. When I lived there I either left super early during the day, or late at night. The traffic is pitiful.
She finally arrived and we hopped in my car and headed to Raven's. She lives in Ft. Worth, but she was in town for the weekend visiting her family. Her mom lives in a town close to Galveston, so I was thinking traffic would be bad for us as well, but thankfully it was not.
By the time we got to Raven's we were starving! We all agreed that Mexican was in order, then we headed to Kemah to eat at Cadillac Bar. I love the fajitas there! We of course laughed our heads off, talked out faces off, and got tickled at each waiter who flirted with us. Y'all, they were so funny! It was so obvious!
After almost shutting the restaurant down, we walked over to Starbucks. Is there a better way to end the evening? If it wouldn't have been so windy and chilly, I so would have been first in line to ride the roller coaster. We ride it every summer, and although it knocks you around, it is a blast! I love me a good roller coaster. We will forever miss you, Astroworld.
At Starbucks I'm certain we annoyed every human being in there. I'm just here to say that we're not the quietest bunch, nor is my laugh a quiet one. We weren't trying to be disrespectful, and I don't think we were being disrespectful, I just think we were having fun. I bet everyone was jealous.
We did shut Starbucks down, then headed back to the house. Did I mention that it was a sleepover? Oh, the joy in my heart. It's been too long since I've had myself a good sleepover. We did what any girl would do at a sleepover, changed into our pj's, then sat on the bed and chatted til we had no spit left. Poor Hannah fell asleep, but we forgave her.
That next morning after sleeping in Raven made us cinnamon rolls and fruit, and after that Hannah and I packed up the car and headed back north. The morning was cut way to short, but I enjoyed every last second of it! I love those girls to pieces. They did my heart some serious good. It was just so refreshing! I think all of us would say that. We all needed that night and it was delightful. I'm so thankful the Lord allowed us to have a spur of the moment mini-retreat. I love spur of the moment evenings.
Hannah, Raven and me at Cadillac Bar. Yum. I'm sad this is the only picture we got of the three of us!
How precious are my girls?
Me and Hannah!
Playing with my iPhone. It truly is a phenomenon. Raven, how did we manage to not get a picture together?
Hannah can pull off pretty much any hair piece. We're not jealous or anything. Would you look at this cute, gorgeous girl?
Raven was very excited about her drink.
We stopped to get gas on the way home. It's not everyday you see a limo parked at the Kemah Food Mart.
Saturday evening I had already made plans to hang out with Sara. She was getting her iPhone that day, so I declared that a celebration was in order. I don't know anybody that has wanted an iPhone more than her! Sara and I have a special relationship. She's a senior and although she does not go to my church, we met through her sweet mom who I met (kind of) through blog world. Since then we've pretty much had a monthly date!
I picked her excited self up and we headed down to Memorial City Mall. We had already planned on eating our normal Chick-Fil-A meal, but we also planned to see a movie and she wanted to get a few accessories for her new phone. Memorial City offers all of the above so it was perfect!
Girlfriend is so cute. I think she taught me more about my iPhone than I taught her, which is crazy since I've had mine since June! It was great.
Once we got all her accessories taken care of, and had eaten, we went to see When In Rome. I think it is so cute and funny! We happen to sit two seats away from some sweet old ladies who had to be at least in their 70's. They had those earphones that allow you to hear the movie better. I've never seen those, but I think that's neat. The cutest thing was that pretty much every 5 minutes, they said, "Oh my!" Sara and I were beyond tickled. If I could have, I totally would have taken a picture of them.
We had a fun little evening and I am so happy for Sara to have her phone. For the main reason that she'll no longer have to steal mine when we're together! Ha!
Here is Sara eating her first Chick-Fil-A meal with her phone. I did teach her how to use ShakeItPhoto, which she now loves.
9 comments:
What an absolutely fun weekend!! I know you will remember it always!
And I LOVE LOVE Hannah's hair!!
Girl time is the best! And it's always refreshing to spend time with "kindred spirits," the phrase I use (and admittedly stole from Anne of Green Gables).
After reading this post- I got the ShakeItPhoto iphone app...ah I love it!!
So happy you had such a wonderful time!
Adrienne
Spending time with the ladies is always fun...definitely makes me wanna plan a sleepover with my girlfriends!!
love it. love you.
Hello, I'm a first time visitor from Kelly's Corner.
It sounds like you have been blessed with some AMAZING friends. :)
http://asthefarmturns.wordpress.com/
Hi there! Visiting from Heather's blog!
Sounds like a very fun weekend! I love visiting with girlfriends and wish it would happen more often!
Hope you're having a good week so far!
I'll be visiting again! ;)
Talk about small world, Lindsee! I've been reading your blog for a few weeks and every time I see a photo of you or something I think to myself, "This Lindsee girl reminds me of Hannah M_ _ _ _ _". I go to school with Hannah's little sis Sarah here in SA and I know Hannah through Chi Alpha events. And as soon as I started reading this post I was like, "NO WAY!" Haha. Love it!
Post a Comment