Sunday, February 28, 2010

Please Pray

My best friend, Joanna's, seven year old nephew, sweet Carson, went to be with Jesus after his long battle with cancer late last night.

It's been a 3 1/2 year journey, but my heart absolutely breaks for them. They've done everything to fight for their little boy, and although the Lord has chosen to heal him in this way, and God is still on His throne just as much yesterday as today, it still stings.

And although I don't understand cancer in any way, shape or form, especially in children, I know that God is still good, and good will come of this. We're praising the Lord that sweet Carson is no longer in pain and completely healed. His joy knows no bounds.

But, we grieve with hope alongside them.

Please join me in praying for the Richardson family. And please feel free to visit his caringbridge site here.

Hope you all have a restful Sunday.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Praying for your friends! Life is so hard huh?

May God grant them peace!

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry.

{:miss v:} said...

This just breaks my heart. I've had Layla Grace on my mind constantly over the past few days. She's dying from cancer as well...she's only 2 years old.

You can visit her blog at www.laylagrace.org

Honey Bee said...

Awww..i'm so sorry.
May he rest in peace.