So instead, I thought I'd share some links that I'm loving lately.
Just humor me, please. Thank you.
First off, this post is a treasure from Jen, my BFF. We entertained ourselves growing up by playing school. Her post took me back to 1994.
Guess what? TODAY is the day that Debra gets to be reunited with Ernest and Ronel and I am beside myself. There is going to be some happy dances going on at the airport, along with some tears I might add, and I cannot wait to witness it. This journey of theirs has captivated my thoughts and prayers for the past few weeks and to see it all come to fruition is just thrilling. No worries, we'll have our cameras on hand to document the reunion. Give God some praise, folks. This is only a story that He could have written. For twitter updates you can follow Debra and Ernest. Or the rest of the folks in twitter land, for that matter.
My friends, Daniel and Becky, are currently in the process of raising support as they prepare to serve with MAF, Mission Aviation Fellowship, overseas. They are geniuses and came up with the idea to sell t-shirts to help raise support. The shirts are only $5 and they are taking orders on their blog. Raising support is a job in itself, so if you feel led to support them in that way, go check out their blog! I know they would greatly appreciate it!
Lately I've had many a conversation about where I get my jeans and pants in general. As you can imagine, this has always been a chore. More often than not I'm frustrated because I find the cutest pair of jeans, only to try them on and find out they are high waters. Neat. So, for those of you with a 37 inch inseam like me, and no, I'm not lying, my suggestions as to where to get jeans is Buckle, Alloy, and Gap. Buckle is the priciest of all, but they're nice jeans and last a while. Most of my favorites have come from there. Alloy is a website that sells super cheap pants and jeans. It's definitely not the greatest quality, but it's nice for a sister on a budget. Also, Alloy carries not only long inseams, but also super short inseams. Sometimes it takes a try or two to actually order the right size because you can't try anything on, but once you know the sizes, you're good to go. It's special. And of course, we all know about Gap. You can't get their tall inseams in stores, but you can get them online. And that, my friends, is how a girl who's all legs, buys jeans.
Lately I've seen a lot of chick flicks, and there are even more coming out that I'm super excited about. I've seen Leap Year and When In Rome. They're both so cute! And as much as one could get tired of cutesy movies and feel the need to see a manly film, I'm perfectly content enjoying my singleness while enjoying each of these. With that said, I can't wait to see Dear John or Valentine's Day. (Hear me out, I do love a good action movie, I am just easily entertained by the chick flicks too.) Jen, I'm sensing a need for a movie night soon.
I'll end with this, if you're familiar with Pandora, please do yourself a favor by subscribing to the Glee station. It's magic at best. There's just nothing like Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and countless other Disney songs playing all day long. Especially when you work with men.
4 comments:
It's official, I'm saving "Dear John" for you. Let's make that happen. Love you.
I love your new blog look! I am SO impressed you did it yourself! It takes me hours just to post a pic on my blog! : )
Was SO excited to hear Ronel is home! He hasn't left my heart since you shared his story with me! His smile in that picture coming down the escalator will forever be etched in my heart!
Have a awesome weekend! Emmy
Love Alloy, too. They also have cute PLUS size jeans as well as other stuff. It's not easy to find PLUS size clothes that don't look like granny wear!! Hey I may be getting older, but I refuse to wear granny jeans (boyfriend jeans yes, granny jean-NO)
~Cheryl
I hate not having anything to blog about. I think there needs to be a girl night and go see that movie, again for you. You, me, and Jen need to go to dinner, I think that would be great blog material! ;)
Post a Comment