Friday, February 19, 2010

The ABC's on Friday

*My BFF Jen posted her own Alphabetical Friday and I thought it was genius, so I decided to copy her. Because that's what BFF's do.

A is for Apple. Because my new obsession of a snack is sliced apple and organic peanut butter. Every. Single. Night. It is the bomb dot com. If you think I'm lying about the obsession part, just ask my roomies.

B is for Blogging because well, it's obvious. I love blogging in every way shape or form.

C is for Coffee because I drank some this morning. Grande' Vanilla Latte with non-fat milk from Starbucks to be exact. What is it about that drink that hits the spot?

D is for Daunting because completing this post feels like a daunting task to me. But I'm determined. Even if ever letter is as boring as peanut butter and jelly.

E is for Elderly because I got to call my sweet great aunt last night and wish her a Happy 90th Birthday! 90 y'all! During our conversation I asked her if her neighbor liked the scarf she bought her here during Christmas, to which she replied, "You made kraut burgers tonight?" I held my laughter until we hung up with each other. Bless her heart, besides her hearing she doesn't act a day over 60.

F is for Figure Skating. I was so proud of Evan Lysacek last night when he won his gold metal. I also get so sad for the rest of the Olympians when they fall or mess up. I would be a blubbering mess.

G is for Girls Weekend because we haven't had one in a while. Ahem, Jo, Jenn & Sal. Let's get on it.

H is for Houston and humidity because naturally, those two things go together. I have a feeling that the humidity is slowly making it's way back into our normal forecast. Blah.

I is for Idols. Because these have constantly been on my mind. You think I have one or ten I need to burn? Oh, it's messy.

J is for Jillian Michaels. Jillian Michaels stands for Biggest Loser because right now I'm really missing my show. Two more weeks, folks. Two more weeks. (That's my one beef with the Olympics. They take away my best-loved shows.)

K is for Kristy. My sweet mom who just went to get me lunch from Chick-Fil-A. I love her.

L is for Living Proof Live because in July I'm headed to California to go to just that. Remember when I won those tickets on the LPM blog? Totally unexpected. We're making a girls week out of it and are hoping my aunt and cousin from Colorado can join us too! In fact, I got my tickets to it in the mail just this week. I'm so excited!

M is for Mascara because it's my favorite make-up item. That's all I'll say about that.

N is for NyQuil. Also know as my BFF this past week. NyQuil Sinus to be exact. Oh, it is a treasure.

O is for the Olympics. I love them. In fact, today I'm wearing my Olympic shirt that I proudly bought at Target for $12.99. It's neat.

P is for Plane ticket because I just bought one to Atlanta with my BFF, Jen. We're hoping our other BFF's Jo and Sal can join us! Hello, check out letter G! I think it's a grand idea for the perfect Girls Weekend.

Q is for Quadragesimarian. Say what? Quadragesimarian is one who observes Lent. It's too bad I don't fall into this category. I've thought about it multiple years, but every year I can't come to a conclusion on one thing to give up, so I give up thinking about it. Are you a quadragesimarian? How do you even say that word? What are you giving up?

R is for Rain because it looks like it might do just that outside. I'm thankful it doesn't rain inside. How weird would that be? And miserable.

S is for So Long, Insecurity because I think anyone breathing that is a female should read it. It is phenomenal. And I may or may not be insecure writing about the fact that I'm enjoying it so much. It's step-on-your-toes kind of good.

T is for The Beatles. Hey Jude is currently playing on my Pandora play list so this is all I've got for T. Oh, speaking of Jude, I'll get to see him soon. Sally is coming in town in ONE WEEK! Praise be!

U is for Unlikely. I thought it was unlikely that I would actually finish a post like this, but apparently, I'm almost done!

V is for Vision Conference. This weekend kicks off our Missions Week here at my church, and we're starting off with a conference just for our students. We're so excited to have George Murry, president of Columbia International University and Robbie Seay Band here with us for a small conference tomorrow. We're praying that the Lord would begin to work in our students hearts. We're not all called to go, but we are all called to go, give or pray and we're praying the students here clearly which part they are to play!

W is for Waiting. I'm in a season of waiting. As if you didn't already know that! Ha!

X is for Xerox because that's what I've been doing all morning. Xerox, cut, repeat.

Y is for YOU because you know what to do so let's Par-tay! Ha. That's the end of an old camp cheer. However, it really is for you, because I love YOU, my sweet, precious blog readers and friends. You make my world a much happier place.

Z is for Zipper. Isn't is embarrassing when your zipper is down? Unfortunately, this happened to me about two weeks ago, but thankfully, I was wearing a dress like shirt that covered up this unfortunate incident. Some people aren't always so lucky.

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Toknowhim said...

That was fun, and I want you to know I made it all the way to the end of the post :)

So cool about the California trip... I won a ticket and I am going to the St Louis LPL in June... Wish you were too :) One day my little bloggy friend...

Angela said...

Awesome post! So creative. I wish I was this good! ;-)

Emmy said...

That was so cute! : )

Kelli said...

Q is for Quadragesimarian! I observe Lent and it's a season that I really love. I used to give something up but now I try and DO SOMETHING to make my relationship with Christ better and to try and grow into better person. This year I am reading through all 4 Gospels over LENT to revisit all of Jesus' great works and teachings. Then I am also giving up sweets, but in the emotional eating setting. So I am trying to pray when I feel something become overwhelming, sad, exciting, instead of eating! It has gotten out of control.

Happy Monday!