We'll start with Thursday! Thursday was an average day spent at work, but almost the whole day I spent obsessing and checking Twitter because Ernest was on his way home with Ronel. For various legal reasons, once they left Haiti they had to make a pit stop in Miami. It wasn't until about 3:00 that day they were given the go ahead to leave, so just in the nick of time they made it to the airport to catch the last flight home to Houston. Definitely an amazing race! Once Debra knew they'd be home for sure, she made the call and planned a big ole' par-tay at the airport for their homecoming. Nancy, Sara, Amanda and I all hopped in the car and headed to the airport, with two very cute signs, I might add, neither of which were made by me. Ha! Once there we were greeted by Carly, Debra's daughter and the most outgoing child you'll ever meet, and Debra. She was glowing! As anxious as I was, I can only imagine what was going on in Debra's mind.
After waiting for a little while with great anticipation, Ernest and Ronel finally made their was down the escalator. It is a sight I will not soon forget! Ronel's smile said it all. They were home, and he was happy. And of course, overwhelmed. Everyone got really quiet so they could have a family moment and then all the rest of the hugs began. It was a sweet emotional scene.
Finally it was time to go and we hugged them all goodbye. Debra said to us, and I'll never forget, "If someone wakes me up from a dream I'll be so mad!" But, praise the Lord, it was no dream. It was a reality and her boys were home.
I did take some pictures, but all of mine turned out awful. So, I stole some from facebook! These are all taken from various people who had their cameras out and ready to capture the big moment. You can also go to Debra's blog to see some videos! We're all so glad you're home, Ronel! Welcome to Texas!
This was Sara's sign. How cute is that? I didn't get a pic of Amanda's sign, but it was super cute as well. And she made it out of Annabeth's birthday cake box. Very clever.

I'm so glad someone got a picture of this! We were all happy to see our sweet friend.

I stole this one because I can only imagine what Carly was telling us. She's a hoot!

Pure joy!

I'll let the rest of the pictures do the talking.








Praise the Lord for this family of six!

Friday night after work I headed straight to the movie theater to see Dear John with Dana and Anna. I really enjoyed the movie! Here are my thoughts without giving anything away: Yes, I cried my eyes out at certain parts, scenes I didn't see coming. However, it wasn't what I expected, in a very good way. How's that for confusing? After the movie we ventured to Lupe Tortilla where I enjoyed some much needed Chicken Fajitas. Oh, they were good.
Saturday, my friend Missy hosted a Valentine's Baking Day at her house and it was beyond fun. I was excited from the moment I got the evite because I knew I'd be learning more baking skills other than my skills of baking Funfetti cakes. And that I did. Kind of. I mainly stuck to dipping the strawberries in chocolate, but after those were done, I ventured over to watch the amazing mini cupcakes or cake balls being made.
Missy is a Kindergarten teacher, need I say more about how organized everything was? When we got there we were told to choose a station. At each station were all the directions and supplies for baking that particular item. Genius and perfect all at once. Thank you so, so much Missy for ALL you did. You are the bomb! And my roommates and mom thank you too since they are all enjoying the fruits of our labor.
(Please note that I stole all of my pictures from Missy, Callie and Ashley. Thanks girls!)
That chocolate may or may not have touched my tongue, and Heather may or may not have put it back in the bowl.

Working our stations!


See the pink pieces of paper? Yes, those were our instructions. Organization at it's best.

Cake Balls.

Chocolate covered Strawberries.

Fun group and fun times!

Saturday night I headed to HFBC with my roommate, Mandy, to watch a variety show that the singles ministry put on. All the money went to support their mission trips this summer, which is awesome! We had a great time and definitely had a few laughs.
Sunday after church I had a leadership meeting, then headed straight to the store to buy supplies to make Dana's Queso Dip. It is divine! Then, some of my girls came over to watch the Superbowl, or should I say the commercials? We did have the game on the entire time, I was so proud. And right along with our goodies from Saturday, brownies that Mary brought, Guacamole that Mandy made, and queso that I made, we even ordered pizza. Have I ever told you that girls can eat? Oh yes, yes they can. We laughed more than we watched the game, but we had the best time.
Monday I got up and literally went straight to demolishing my room and everything else in sight. I didn't even head downstairs to eat my cereal right away! I spent the entire day cleaning until 5 when I hopped in the shower then met my family and Jonathan and Tara at BJ's for dinner. All day I accomplished washing my sheets, putting them back on my bed, washing my duvet cover, two loads of laundry, did the dishes including unloading the dishwasher twice, cleaned our bathroom, vacuumed the entire upstairs, dusted and de-cluttered my room. It was a productive day to say the least.
Definitely the best way to end a fabulous weekend. (For the record, I don't have Thursday to Monday off, those were just the days I decided to document. Ha!)
Now it's Tuesday. My (almost) favorite day of the week! It's Bible Study night and Biggest Loser night. I lerve it.
How's that for the longest post of all time? I'm so sorry you had to read all that.
5 comments:
I was so happy to see the pictures of Ronel at the Houston airport! Praise God!
Girls Baking day, what a wonderful idea. I am going to try that with my friends at church. I can here the laughter now. Your goodies made me hungry. Especially the strawberries.
This goes without saying but have a blast at Bible study tonight!!
Love ya,
Patty
No more funfetti cake for you!!
I cry every time I see a post about his homecoming!!!
I am guilty of making funfetti cupcakes for the super bowl.
Adored reading every bit of this post!
Love the airport pictures! Wow! My heart is just overflowing for them! : )
Ok now I am just dying to have a chocolate pretzel... strawberry... Mmmmm Y'all have the cutest group of girls! How fun was that!
Have a Blessed day! Emmy : )
Oh, wasn't the night just perfect! I don't think I will ever forget. I took dinner on Thursday and Ronel was riding his brand new bike with the biggest smile on his face...precious!
I am jealous of all the fun you girls have. What a fun "baking" day!
Have a great week!
Post a Comment